Thread: Steel faith overhaul has been stolen from the original creator

Default Steel faith overhaul has been stolen from the original creator

I just read on the steam workshop that venris took steel faith overhaul from the original creator. here is the comment on steam. Justr wanted to post here cause as a community we should all help in this, anyway we can. All I can do is be a messenger.

Just to quickly inform everyone. Venris has has betrayed me, illegally *copyrighted* SFO mod from me, without every obtaining my permission, and is attempting to prevent me from ever mod again using my own mod I created. He has been able to stay in contact with my by phone and email, but never attempted to reach out to me. So he then took it upon himself to move forward and aggressively attempt to take full ownership of SFO through a copyright.

I had given him permission to continue developing the mod, but I never gave him full ownership of the mod, and i never said I was done modding forever, as SFO will always be my mod that I alone created. Although now, he is attempting to prevent me from ever developing my own mod, and having creative rights over it.

He has solely been collecting all income from Patreon, and is sponsored and paid by Patreon to boot, but I never asked for a penny in return, because I wanted what was best for him and his family. But this is how you are repaid for kindness by some people. After he started pulling in many thousands of USD (which he now hides, so you cannot know the exact amount, so it will not discourage people from donating more), he has become immensely greedy, and has worked to remove me in every way from my own mod, to prevent me ever coming back.

"SFO is become something much bigger than a small mod for a great game." - Venris

SFO has NEVER been a small mod. I'm sure you can browse the workshop and view the many thousands of small mods, which only take a few hours, or even a few days to create. SFO was always a massive undertaking, and a massive mod, and it required my attention and passion, to levels I never showed anything quite frankly. So much so it put a strain on my personal life, and I paid a lot to develop this very expansive and detailed mod. But now my thousands of hours of hard work, my struggle to make this the best mod it could be, and now my name is being erased so one man can take all credit, and have full control, and monetize everything I have built.

Instead of showing any respect, gratitude, and appreciation for what I have done for him and this community, he refers to me as the "talented, but troubled creator" - a nicety followed by an insult, which is highly inappropriate and hurtful. There's many reasons for this, which I found out now why, but none of it is fair or accurate.

I have never heard of something like this happening before in modding of any game, so I'm unsure how to proceed or what to do. I likely will have to reach out to a lawyer to help me with this now. I just wanted to inform everyone in the community of his unjust actions, so all can be aware - especially those giving up their hard earned money to support someone like this.

***Venris does not have my permission to use my work now. Does not have permission to steal my mod, and then re-upload it as his own. Does not have permission to monetize anything I created. And does not have the right to prevent me from modding my own creation.***
    Last edited by yutterh; March 04, 2019 at 02:14 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Steel faith overhaul has been stolen from the original creator

The joice of Patreon... To start with this should be illegal according to the Term of Services of Creative Assembly with the workshop

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Weird stuff.
    I don't know the legal ramifications of this, but does a mod have legal copyright?
    A mod is a piece of work created for the fans and didn't know one could claim ownership of something like that in the law.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I haven't looked in to this, and thus I won't choose sides or claim one or the other is wrong. I believe as much information as possible should be shared though, so here's a link to Venris' opinion on the matter

https://www.patreon.com/posts/25128556

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Weird stuff.
    I don't know the legal ramifications of this, but does a mod have legal copyright?
    A mod is a piece of work created for the fans and didn't know one could claim ownership of something like that in the law.
    In the post he says that the name is copyrighted, and that all assests etc are of course owned by CA
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

aves's Avatar Military Historian

Wow. Different sources, different tales. Not just CA they need to steer clear of... GW is a very lawyer happy company that comes down hard on anyone moving into profits from their IP.