Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tribes Of Britannia

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Default Re: Tribes Of Britannia

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    I second this. Those two teams have done a lot of work and research. Definitely worth asking the authors of those mods. Mods are often a patchwork of smaller works sewn into one.
    I third this. Owen, you could try with a small ask. Perhaps some armor or textures from Marian reform units. I think it'd really be worth it.

OwenSnelly's Avatar Foederatus

Roman Unit Roster Update

Been Working on the roman unit roster for this mod : LINK TO IMAGES

This is obviously what i have available right now but i have seen the suggestions from you all and agree it would be good to ask for some use of better assets to make the units in the mod more historically accurate. this is obviously all subject to change.

Thank you!
    Last edited by OwenSnelly; March 10, 2019 at 06:56 PM.

Mod Development 15/03/2019

Hello All,

I have spent some time working on the units for both roman faction and also the English tribes. below i will post a set of images for each of these

LINK TO ROMAN IMAGES

LINK TO BRITON SWORDS

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There is a lot of work to do but i hope you like the look of these so far. and fortunately i have been able to draw from Sebidee's Iceni unit roster mod for unit ideas and custom textures so thank you to him for that.

Have a lovely weekend!

Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Good stuff!
    Thank you!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Looking good!

Souron's Avatar Civis

Hi All,

The OP for this thread is actually an old account of mine!

hopeing to get this thread added to this new account and also maybe get a hosted mod in the future but until then i am going to just post some updates here for this project.

In short i had to compleatly rework this project and start from scratch.
    Below are some links for where to find some updates in much more detail and a quick video showing current faction placement. i hope you guys like!!!

MODDB: LINK
    STEAM WORKSHOP PAGE : LINK
    VIDEO LINK

Last edited by Frunk; May 22, 2020 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Video embedding.

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian

Souron's Avatar Civis

Update To Test Version 0.3

CHANGELOG

- Archers temporarily removed from tribal rosters
    - First edition of slingers added into the mod and added to custom battle rosters
    - Remained of factions added into custom battles with full BASIC roster (this still requires balancing tests so let me know if you have any feedback) and make sure to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to use the factions that are off the screen

INFO
    For all the people trying this mod for the first time here is just a little progress on the mod up until this point

All of the info you are about to read cnan also be found on the steam workshop and moddb page but i felt it would be a good idea to list a couple of things here for the benefit of people looking to try this mod out.

to start with the mod was completly scrapped a few months back and i began work on it again from the ground up due to some key bugs in some of the changes i made and some silly backing up practices leading to a loss in progress. Overall the restart has actually led to a lot of positive changes for the mod and a slightly new direction. the first iteration of the campaign is now aiming to be set some time before the roman invasion of britian. and to have the scripted norman conquest be transformed into the roman invasion attempt. some players have expressed thier desire to play as rome in the campaign and i am working it through in my head how i want to go about this.

Currently available
    in the mod is the beginnings of the custom/multiplayer battle module with some very basic UI changes and the implementation of a base roster for all the factions. i want to make it clear the units you are seeing in game are currently only the core set and i plan to make custom unique units for each faction in game depending on where they are located at the start of the game. and it likely the base set will change anyhow. a side note the romans currently available in custom battles are not a representation to thier final form in the campaign. they will however more than likely remain available in the custom battles for variety.

In the future
    I plan to ofcourse release a campaign with a 61 playable factions but as im sure many of you know this is a lot of work. i am currently looking for an artist to join the project to help with Ui elements and flags if anyone becomes interested in this project. so if thats you hit me up!

Known Bugs
    - Slingers are not actually holding slingers. all of the animations are perfect it just seems like i cannot currently get the model to show. will be working on that one

Screenshots from latest patch

Download for patch 0.3
    STEAM
    MODDB
    Last edited by Souron; May 23, 2020 at 04:47 PM.

Souron's Avatar Civis

POLL

I am interested to hear from the community on wether they think it best to hold back the campaign section of the mod from the wrokshop until after it is a little more fleshed out. for context all of the custom faction are in with thier starting locations and a basic name changes and custom units and functionally thats where we are at. other than that it still plays very much like the standard game. I worry that if i release this to soon into creating the mod it might scare some people off but i can also see the benefit of having people test it with you. if you take the time to give your opinion in this poll i appreciate it. and any thought about it below would help too!.

thank you

https://www.strawpoll.me/20161496

Souron's Avatar Civis

Update - 26/05/2020

Hi there all.

this updates introduces some small changes to some units along with adding a new "buff" unit into the game for the tribal factions.

all available in the urrent build on steam

ROMAN UNITS
    Now have acess to Pilum on charge and also can use testudo formation.

SCREENSHOTS

CARNYX WAR HORN
    This new unit added in gives tribal factions a buff unit consisting of an officer, standard bearer and 4 warhorn holders. eventually i would love to add custom audio for these that play consistantly during combat but for now they do not. the idea behind this unit is to give the player and active feature to benefit or hunder them if not contained or utalised properly on the battlefield. they have access to a selection of friendly buffs and enemy taunts and will need to be protected or targeted depending.

they are by no means however finsihed and the model used currently is only placeholder until i can get a proper model made for it.

SCREENSHOTS

Example of what they MIGHT have sounded like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOR7VKcSb9k

Hope you guys like

Last edited by Souron; May 31, 2020 at 06:02 AM.

Souron's Avatar Civis

Really cool seeing people play the mod. already spottted so much to tweak form this video.

Last edited by Souron; May 28, 2020 at 02:32 PM.

Souron's Avatar Civis

Update 30/05/2020

- Slight tweak to slinger damage
    - slingers reduced in unit size to keep in line with other units
    - Skyclad units armour tweaks & special frenzy ability
    - Romans given New square formation
    - Romans given catapult as a temporary battle weapon
    - First wave of factions flags added

Ooooh, this is looking good! We'd just been debating whether to buy ToB or not - I think you've just swung the balance...

Souron's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Ooooh, this is looking good! We'd just been debating whether to buy ToB or not - I think you've just swung the balance...
    Im glad you think so! its taken a lot to get it here and im quite confident that now im past some of the more tricky issues i had with the mod the first time around that the campaign should be a fresh experiance for the game. A lot to do still obviously but yeah. thank you!

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Very pleased to see you've gotten your own subforum now, well deserved dude .

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

congrats on the subforum!

Souron's Avatar Civis

Thank you peeps! going to be a quiet couple fo weeks because im moving but really looking forword to getting updates out.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

I swear if you make Romans playable on the campaign I'll buy Thrones of Britannia only for your mod as I have no intention of playing Troy Total War.

Any plans to make that happen?

Im a little confused by the factions you show on the campaign map, I saw the Parisi and the Belgae among others. Werent they in Gaul?

Souron's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    I swear if you make Romans playable on the campaign I'll buy Thrones of Britannia only for your mod as I have no intention of playing Troy Total War.

Any plans to make that happen?
    This is a little up in the air at the moment due to how i had orignally planned for rome to be implemented in the mod. A lot of people are telling me they want this so it might just have to happen.

Im a little confused by the factions you show on the campaign map, I saw the Parisi and the Belgae among others. Werent they in Gaul?

so just a quick note. i am not the best at researching but i am doing my best to get a wide range of playable factions in the mod whilst trying to get it to be at least somewhat accurate. from what i have gathered there is evidence that the two tribes you have mentioned did have some presence in these regions at slightly different times. if not fully then at least a belgic leader for a local tribal force. The goal was to try to offer a wide range of factions to players. it might not be super accurate because of timings but i felt this would be an acceptable change. below is the map i have been using for refrence if this helps.

Althought it might not look it, the map for ToB is rather large and its quite easy to set up a faction with way too much land that will snowball without any help what so ever. so the intent was to try to create a wide range of small to mid size starting kingdoms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast