Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What else is to be added/ changed in EBII going forward?

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Default What else is to be added/ changed in EBII going forward?

Hi guys,

I know there are a few more faction slots to fill but what else is likely to be added to EBII for it to be 100% done, or as close as that?

More units, buildings, features, additional balancing ect?

Thanks!
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: What else is to be added/ changed in EBII going forward?

An absolute shed-load of stuff. Not only are there new factions, several existing ones have planned reworks or complete overhauls.

Lots more units (we have plans for almost every one of the 498 available slots), more scripted features, more audio and visual stuff, and so on.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Please, Quintus, please fix half of the Greek/Hellenistic battle map voices that sound like they were recorded in a tin can. One voice actor is okay, but the second one is just unbearable!

The new Celtic voice mod is deliciously awesome, though.

In addition to the new models for Punic/Carthaginian towns and cities that are being worked on right now, can you guys please also consider reworking the Western Greek ones to make them more elaborate, detailed, colorful? Even changing or remodeling the existing temples a bit to add carved painted reliefs would be a huge improvement. The acropolis in each settlement should also look more like a real acropolis, although they do currently look okay.

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

Please, what is the 2 news factions name.

the two new factions are shadow of mirkwood and orcs of the misty mountains

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

probably illyria and belgica, i hope

I'm surprised there's still so much to be added. It feels quite complete already.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Celeborn View Post
    Please, what is the 2 news factions name.
    You'll find out when the team is ready to tell you.

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Seriously can't wait
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You'll find out when the team is ready to tell you.
    Damn! Snap, son!

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    the two new factions are shadow of mirkwood and orcs of the misty mountains
    One can only hope for this LOTR crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Celeborn View Post
    probably illyria and belgica, i hope
    An Illyrian faction would be sensible, considering how they have so many units, basically a complete roster for a new faction minus a unique bodyguard unit that could be made. I can't say the same for the Belgae, though, seeing how they only have two unique units. I suppose it would be nice to have another faction in Gaul, though it would easily become sandwiched and destroyed by the Aedui/Averni from the south and the Pritanoi from the north. In contrast, an Illyrian faction would have room to expand and could sustain itself.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    An Illyrian faction would be sensible, considering how they have so many units, basically a complete roster for a new faction minus a unique bodyguard unit that could be made. I can't say the same for the Belgae, though, seeing how they only have two unique units. I suppose it would be nice to have another faction in Gaul, though it would easily become sandwiched and destroyed by the Aedui/Averni from the south and the Pritanoi from the north. In contrast, an Illyrian faction would have room to expand and could sustain itself.
    Illyrianc could give a challenge to the Getae and possibly Romani, this is the issue.
    The second faction - I hope it'd used for ingenious second rebel faction.

I'm 2% sure that one of the factions will be Libyan Rebels or berber tribes in Africa to give more fun to the Carthaginian player

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post

Pedant mode: there are three Belgic units at the moment: Belgic Medium Cavalry, Belgic Swordsmen and Belgic Spearmen. That's 50% more Belgium!

Honestly, I'd still take the Kushite kingdom over pretty much any continental option: they were expansionist during the EBII timeframe, have potential avenues of expansion both along the Red Sea and the Nile Valley, have a centralized state structure (with written records! Squee!), and have a decent roster already. Plus, it's another elephant faction, and who doesn't love elephant factions?

There was an older post talking about why Kush can't be in the game but I can say some of the things. While it has merit, Kush would require a new culture due to how different they were, they have very few cities to conquer before entering into contact with other factions, plus the fact that a lot of their territory is cut out in the campaign map. If we had more factions, regions and more important culture slots to use, Kush as a faction would be something worthy to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaron View Post
    Pedant mode: there are three Belgic units at the moment: Belgic Medium Cavalry, Belgic Swordsmen and Belgic Spearmen. That's 50% more Belgium!
    There are also the Nervii spearmen, but damn if I know what makes them special besides their sissy war paint.

who doesn't love elephant factions?
    I don't. If there are two types of units I hate, it's chariots and elephants. It doesn't matter how good or bad they do against me, they always take the fun out of a battle by turning it into a huge mess.
    Last edited by Rad; March 03, 2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post

I don't. If there are two types of units I hate, it's chariots and elephants. It doesn't matter how good or bad they do against me, they always take the fun out of a battle by turning it into a huge mess.

Chariots suck but I love elephants, it's satisfying seeing them breaking apart enemy lines and seeing men flying all over the place and turning the battlefield into a more chaotic place IS their purpose.

It always give me chills through the spine when elephants break my lines.

Or when they create for me a breach for my cavalry to get through and charge the enemy lines.

I like to watch battles - elephants make me watch elephants instead

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    There was an older post talking about why Kush can't be in the game but I can say some of the things. While it has merit, Kush would require a new culture due to how different they were, they have very few cities to conquer before entering into contact with other factions, plus the fact that a lot of their territory is cut out in the campaign map. If we had more factions, regions and more important culture slots to use, Kush as a faction would be something worthy to discuss.
    None of those reasons are particularly compelling: the issue was culture slots, which is kind of ludicrous when you consider that Rome has her own culture group set aside, while "Barbarian" extends from the western tip of Iberia to the Ukrainian steppes. Making Kush Eastern wouldn't be any more absurd.

As for "few cities to conquer before entering into contact with other factions," that clearly isn't an obstacle, given that the expansion options for a Numidian player are 1: fight Carthage and 2: Error_option_not_found. Especially when you consider that there are at least three rebel settlements on the other side of the Red Sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    There are also the Nervii spearmen, but damn if I know what makes them special besides their sissy war paint.
    Darn it, I've been out-pedantic'd. For some reason, I thought those were Germanic, not Belgic.

None of those reasons are particularly compelling: the issue was culture slots, which is kind of ludicrous when you consider that Rome has her own culture group set aside, while "Barbarian" extends from the western tip of Iberia to the Ukrainian steppes. Making Kush Eastern wouldn't be any more absurd.

As for "few cities to conquer before entering into contact with other factions," that clearly isn't an obstacle, given that the expansion options for a Numidian player are 1: fight Carthage and 2: Error_option_not_found. Especially when you consider that there are at least three rebel settlements on the other side of the Red Sea.

Darn it, I've been out-pedantic'd. For some reason, I thought those were Germanic, not Belgic.
    The culture thing is the "religions", not the building sets. Rome has to share Western Mediterranean with Carthage as it is. Kush could, I suppose, be Eastern Tribal just as Saba is, but I'd want another province down there at the very least before trying to make them a faction.

The Nervii are Belgic; so are the Eburones and Triveri.

Post-reform Numidia turns Western Mediterranean Polities as well.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast