Thread: Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Default Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Hey guys,

Might be a total shot in the dark but I’m trying to take a look at editing some equiptment from ETW, but I can’t get it to Milkshape without going through UU3D.

If someone is willing to correspond with me and help convert the euro_equipment to .ms3d and back for me I’d be very grateful.

please pm me or message here and we can get in touch?

Thanks
    [signature]

Default Re: Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Equipment files for NTW are essentially the same as ETW, and you can put them in MS3D with the free plugin for MS3D made by knighterrand.

The equipment file for ETW however cant be imported back anyway, not with some weird process that I'm not aware of. To my knowledge, you can only open and import them into MS3D but that's it.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Default Re: Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Equipment files for NTW are essentially the same as ETW, and you can put them in MS3D with the free plugin for MS3D made by knighterrand.

The equipment file for ETW however cant be imported back anyway, not with some weird process that I'm not aware of. To my knowledge, you can only open and import them into MS3D but that's it.
    Yeah, I tried using KE tools and the equipment comes up blank. No groups, no nothing. A bunch of bones, however. When I got the demo version UU3D and imported the same file, I saw there was actually content inside the file. KE's tool only works on soldier models, not the equipment and any tools in tutorials about equipment/weapons editing aren't there anymore.

That being said, my issue is that I'm trying to use some ETW assets in NTW and they appear invisible (edit: ingame if I just throw in the mesh and references). So after some research, apparently I have to edit comments on the groups inside the mesh, but I can't because they aren't recognized by Milkshape or KE's tool. So I figure I have to use UU3D to save the mesh to .ms3d, make my edits and convert it back.

Maybe I'm using the wrong tool but the one I found for converting to .ms3d that KE made doesn't work. If you've a direct link to a different and working tool I'll use that too, but using UU3D seems more straightforward.

Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by WAR monger; March 01, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
    [signature]