Thread: Rad looks at things - a thread for visual improvements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Rad looks at things - a thread for visual improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Some Carthaginian units have totally unnecessary leather straps that completely go over their greaves. Not only is it not unnecessary and unhistorical, it's also not pleasing to look at.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Affected units: Carthage infantry/cavalry standard bearer, Liby-Phoenician Cavalry, Early Liby-Phoenician Infantry (featured on the unit card as well).

While I'm covering Carthage's units, I might as well make a few suggestions.

1. Give the Late Lybian Spearmen some color. Right now, they look like a bunch of Stormtroopers. Some Montefortino helmets couldn't hurt either.

2. Add buckles to the belts of the mailed Lybian Swordsmen and officer_libyan_inf model. Preferably very simple ones - the ones that the Camillian Hastati have would do nicely, although the color of the belts should be changed to fit the Lybian Swordsmen and officer_libyan_inf.

3. Replace the mail on the Late Liby-Phoenician hoplites - It's kind of obvious the models were taken from a Celtic unit and to me, it doesn't fit in. On the other hand, the Montefortino helmets blended in absolutely perfectly. I would suggest that you use the mail from the Lybian swordsmen, after the belts have been replaced - maybe change the color of the tunics to add variety.

Bump.

I didn't plan on reporting this so early, but the unit got mentioned today.

The euzonoi have two daggers while in melee combat - one in the hand, the other in the scabbard.

Last edited by Rad; March 11, 2019 at 04:36 PM.