Thread: Rad looks at things - a thread for visual improvements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rad looks at things - a thread for visual improvements

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm starting a new thread where I can compile my observations and suggestions regarding various units in the mod. I hope the stuff posted here contributes to making EB2 even better than it is now. Feel free to pitch in.

Let's start with a staple unit, the generic Celtic spearmen - Kingetoi Uisuparanon

1. At present, their visual appearance does not match their description. While the unit description kind of implies that they are poorer warriors who cannot afford swords, the warriors themselves are armed quite the opposite - everyone has a sword. Either the swords go away, or the description changes?

2. Belts - it would be great if more detail was put into (re)making them. One never fails to be amazed how important they were, not just as useful clothing accesories, but as status symbols.

3. Clothing. If at all possible, they should get more variation in terms of colors, patterns etc. I consider them and the hoplitai the two most ubiquitous units in the mod - they deserve the attention.

4. Armor upgrade(s) - The unit is present from game start to finish, it should get an armor bump or two - both to refresh its appearance and to be able to keep up with the much better armored later units. The upgrade itself does not need to be drastic - a few more helmets, maybe one linothorax style body armor etc... nothing unrealistic.

5. Spears should be remodeled. At present, they look like pointy sticks. I believe that to be a shame because what Celtic spears I have seen are truly works of art and more recent units have magnificient looking weapons. The same issue exists with a lot of, if not all the first batch Celtic spear units - for example, the Gaisatoi

Last edited by Rad; March 01, 2019 at 03:28 AM.