Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few things about KH

Default Re: A few things about KH

So, second run (technically third, as I restarted after I messed up the Synhendrion ton Hellenon). Not done, but I think I am.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First off, I though it would be a smart move to go for Sicily pretty soon. It wasn't. Syracuse bloody hates me, I can barely keep the order up with a temple of Zeus (good time to start using temples of fun I guess) and it will start rebelling as soon as I enter the Popular Revolts stage of the government reform that I found myself delaying at the end. Pergamon is also feeling pretty balsy right now, advancing on Macedonia. My economy and national safety would have been MUCH better if I prioritized taking them down rather than Syracuse that and south Italy that stuck me into an inconclusive war with Rome and Carthage. So, in conclusion, don't move West until you secured East.

Second off, the trait system absolutely ruined me. Almost half of my generals ended up outcasts and/or terrible governors for acquiring bad faction-exclusive traits that I don't think I really have any control over. I think that's the biggest strategical burden KH has to face on the campaign, that you will struggle to get decent generals and governors, and loyalty will be rare even on the early stages of the campaign. Do consider having spies in your armies to reduce odds of rebellion. Their successful missions should also help out your FL to get some authority. And don't fret too much about the Archons, you will probably have plenty of candidates when you actually need them. And, in my opinion, Athens and Sparta are still the best candidates for Sympoliteia Hellenon to get another option to reinforce your Cretan mercs.

I think I will give em some rest now and try another Hellenic faction. Maybe Pergamon, maybe Bosphoros, maybe a small successor state.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Thanks for sharing!
    Still, you've made your empire quite quickly. It's like 10 settlements?
    I think the AI faction develop very sloooow, right? Nabata took one province, Parthia as well (or more?)

Ptolemaioi, Pergamon and Taksashila have grown in that game, too.

Try the Bosporans - it'll be a very different experience to KH, with cavalry (and especially horse archers) playing a major part in your armies.

I will take the opportunity to add that I took Syracuse early because it has a Metropolis and it's the quickest way to get the first step of the reform. But considering thatit led to a war with Carthage and possibly encouraged Rome I say it's not worth it. The unrest was way too high and corruption was eating half of the income. It will not be an asset for a long while, but the most likely target of expansion after taking Anatolia and the Black Sea. My point is that you should get into that expecting to lose money rather than gaining.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12