Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War & Viking Invasion music addon

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Default Medieval Total War & Viking Invasion music addon

Have fun!
    INFORMATION: This has not been thoroughly tested yet, but should not cause any problems. If you experience any, don't hesitate to post here and/or PM me.
    Please don't forget the number one rule of modding: always backup your files before overwriting them, even though a backup file is included as this can only use vanilla music.

Spoiler for README
    Medieval Total War music addon for Medieval 2 Total War by Elendil 03

What's inside this download?
    - The download includes all Medieval Total War and Viking Invasion sound files as they can be found on this website: https://downloads.khinsider.com/game...ieval-game-rip
    There's also a file named descr_sounds_music.txt that assigns the tracks to the triggers. Which of them is actually played when the trigger is hit is determined randomly. The descr_sounds_music_vanilla.txt serves as a backup in the unlikely case something goes wrong.
    In addition, a text file named "added" which is not relevant for the game features a list of the new tracks to help you further customise the descr_sounds_music.txt. This can be done easily if you follow this tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Music-To-M2TW

How do I install it?
    - For vanilla: Extract the content of the .zip file into your Medieval 2 root folder, then open the file medieval2.preference.cfg inside this folder and make sure these lines is in it exactly once:
    [io]
    file_first = 1
    Then tick the box "read only" in this file's properties.
    How to check: The file your reading right now should be placed inside your Medieval 2 root folder
    Delete <Medieval 2 root>\mods\<Your mod>\data\sounds\Music.idx
    Go to <Medieval 2 root>\data_don't_overwrite, copy all the files and paste them into <Medieval 2 root>\data. If you are asked for permission to overwrite files, click no.

- For mods: Extract the .zip file to <Medieval 2 root>\mods\<Your mod>
    How to check: The file your reading right now should be inside <Medieval 2 root>\mods\<Your mod>
    Delete <Medieval 2 root>\mods\<Your mod>\data\sounds\Music.idx
    Go to <Medieval 2 root>\mods\<Your mod>\data_don't_overwrite, copy all the files and paste them into <Medieval 2 root>\mods\<Your mod>\data. If you are asked for permission to overwrite files, click no.

What does the addon do?
    - It adds. In this case, we're talking about the Music from the first Medieval Total War and its DLC Viking Invasion on top of the existing ones.
    The addon does not change anything else, there is no music from kingdoms included whatsoever nor does it modify any triggers for when which tracks play.
    The Arab music from Medieval Total War has been added to the Arabic tracks of Medieval 2, the Euro music to both Northern/Western/Eastern and Southern Europeans (Mediteranean) in Medieval 2.
    Additionally, the extra tracks from Viking Invasion were added to Northern/Western/Eastern European.

May I reupload this addon or a customised version of it for my own mod?
    - Of course you can. Please give me a short mention in your mod's credits section if you do so. Good luck with you modding project!

CREDITS: Obviously, the bulk of the work done to make this addon possible was composing the actual music, this was done by the great Jeff van Dyck for The Creative Assembly.
    Best thanks to Trajan for his comprehensible tutorial found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Music-To-M2TW
    I also want to thank Lusted for providing us with the original sound text files in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...files-released
    Lastly, my thanks go to Gigantus for explaining to me in detail how the addition of new music files works and encouraged me to make this addon by myself

DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Elendil 03; August 12, 2022 at 10:15 AM.

Default Re: Medieval Total War & Viking Invasion music addon

I don't here anything when copying and pasting into the data file for my mods. Would you know what the problem is?

Err...
    You're not supposed to paste anything into your data Folder, but into the mod Folder.
    Also, what do you mean with "I don't hear anything"? Do you hear literally no Music or did you just not encounter any of the new tracks so far?

I hear no music at all is what i meant. None! Any ieas why that is?

Not really. Did you check your game and system settings?
    Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

the game and system setting are fine but I here nothing.

Can you upload your descr_sounds_music.txt and look if you can find a file named (Arabic_battle_3)M1a.mp3 in your data\sounds\music directory?

In the main vanilla data file any of the mods data file?

Wherever you tried to install this.

I meant to ask to install it in the main vanilla folder or the mods folder?

That depends on where you want to use it. The installation is easier for mods (as you can see above), but Vanilla is not very complicated, either. Let's assume you want to install the addon on top of the Chivalry 2 mod, so you open your downloads folder, right-click on it, select "Extract all...", enter C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Sicilian_Vespers (or whatever your mod's is located) and after this is done, you should be able to enjoy Medieval 1's music.

I found the problem, it was caused by corrupted sound files. You can now download again and it should be alright.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I am very interested in MTW1 music ...CAN you upload a video to listen the result.
    TGC mod also has vikings (Rus) and Steppe factions besides the other cultures and we may need some adjustment.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I'm sorry, but I have never tried myself on video recording & editing. But you can listen to the music here: https://downloads.khinsider.com/game...ieval-game-rip
    The tracks are set to be played in the situations they would've been regiven in Medieval 1. Be warned that Med 1 doesn't feature a "complete" soundtrack in the sense of what ots successor offers, there are considerably less music pieces in it which don't span every music trigger in Medieval 2. That's why I decided to release this as an addon instead of a normal mod: it increases the number of tracks whilst not cutting down on Medieval 2's own music.

Can you put up the newer version of the music addon for the mods and for the vanilla?

What do you mean? It's up since yesterday.

I mean is there a newer version of it on here?

I didn't manage to upload the new file in the forum, so now it's on MEGA.
    You can download it through this link which is the one in the opening post.

So, do i copy and paste it to any of my mod data sound files?

No, you unpack it to your mod's main directory or alternatively open the archive and copy-paste its content there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast