Thread: Unlocking Factions For Battle Use Only & Cross-Campaign Faction Selection.

Tietonian's Avatar Laetus

Default Unlocking Factions For Battle Use Only & Cross-Campaign Faction Selection.

How do I go about unlocking a faction for multiplayer/custom battle use only?

Also, Is there a way to make a faction from a DLC campaign accessible in the Grand Campaign multiplayer/custom battle menu?

Exempli gratia, say I want to play the Belgae (CiG) against a friend with Bythinia (GC) (that would go well..)

I have no wish to rig a campaign with previously locked faction, only to play around with them on the battlefield. I understand all characteristic unit lineups are available in vanilla faction selection; I just think different colors and banners and faction names would be fun.

It seems that in my ignorance I have posted this in the wrong place. Could a moderator please move it to the right forum? I am very new here.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 28, 2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Moved.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: Unlocking Factions For Battle Use Only & Cross-Campaign Faction Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietonian View Post
    How do I go about unlocking a faction for multiplayer/custom battle use only?

Also, Is there a way to make a faction from a DLC campaign accessible in the Grand Campaign multiplayer/custom battle menu?

Exempli gratia, say I want to play the Belgae (CiG) against a friend with Bythinia (GC) (that would go well..)

I have no wish to rig a campaign with previously locked faction, only to play around with them on the battlefield. I understand all characteristic unit lineups are available in vanilla faction selection; I just think different colors and banners and faction names would be fun.

It seems that in my ignorance I have posted this in the wrong place. Could a moderator please move it to the right forum? I am very new here.
    This mod says it unlocks all Grand Campaign factions for Custom Battle, though note you're still going to need the appropriate DLC to play the DLC factions (e.g. Caesar in Gaul to play Grand Campaign Nervii.) Not sure how you'd play with factions from different campaigns like your example, but I think there's meant to be a way of doing it (something about loading an army preset I think... but others would likely know better than me.)

Just note that you and your friend will need the exact same mods installed to play multiplayer, so a little coordination would be in order. Hope that helps.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.