Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slower epic battle mod please battles are so so fast

Default slower epic battle mod please battles are so so fast

Is there any slower battle mod working for this mod? It would be epic if battles become much more longer, also for me it would be more favorable to manage armies in legendary, no other battle mods I tried is working at all.

Default Re: slower epic battle mod please battles are so so fast

I would like this for legendary difficulty too if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wut... longer? AE's battles are already quite a bit longer than usual battles for the game.

Do you mean specifically for Legendary difficulty? Because they do have some effects that attempt to make the battles harder for the player but if you have any balancing concerns there I'd be happy to take a look, I never really play on those difficulties.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 23, 2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Try this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=602335357

Not made for ae of course but causes no problems.

A proper sub mod would be cool though

Ignore me Petellius just realised I’m playing age of Charlemagne mini campaign!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a like f1 racing. infantry run like horses, horses like f1 cars. it's usually takes 10-15 mins in legendary it's so annoying to control large armies in that difficulty.Even I win a major victory it doesn't give me any fun at all, it starts and finishes suddenly. Maybe some people may like the way it is. Also it's not even possible to kill so many soldiers that fast even with firearms. I wish there's a submod like dei slower battles mod that makes it more realistic.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    Try this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=602335357

Not made for ae of course but causes no problems.

A proper sub mod would be cool though
    Just by reading description I can tell it will be massively NOT compatible with AE due to different stat system and custom values.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

thanks Julio I am trying it Petelius try it on legendary it's mega fun.

I'm.... just confused in general at this thread. I feel like I'm being trolled here so... have fun with that I guess

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Just by reading description I can tell it will be massively NOT compatible with AE due to different stat system and custom values.
    Ofc not balanced for ae but I've left it on by accident before and had some of the best battles I've ever had and nothing seemed so unbalanced. And they were long lol. Maybe it wasn't even loading idk

But anyway in ae I find the length of battles depends on the units and the general and the position of the armies. It seems to vary. Idk about legendary diffculty though

well on average I know our battles are roughly 12-15 minutes. Which I think is a good amount of time for a normal field battle. It obviously depends on playstyle but if you're playing against the AI its always going to be best as the AI leaves itself open to be flanked and just generally defeated.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    well on average I know our battles are roughly 12-15 minutes. Which I think is a good amount of time for a normal field battle.
    Sweet lord man listen to/read what you are saying/typing. A short battle should be 45mins to 1 hour. With long battles 3+ hours. A battle should be an event. Not something you do before the Xfactor starts. (At least on the top two difficulties). On the easier levels do what ever you want.

I'm not trolling, I'm serious.

I hope you're trolling that you're not trolling lol.

I'd be happy to give you 3 hour battles... on a different game. TW can't handle 3 hour battles unless you just want to watch a line of men attack each other with no deaths for 2 1/2 hours. 3 hour battles in TW is honestly impossible and I'd dare you to try.

I agree that a battle should be an event but three hours? lmao
    If the ai was far smarter and battle maps were far larger and included camps, reinforcements that didn't trickle in one unit at a time, dynamic weather, stalemates, withdrawals and so forth then maybe. It'd just become tedious in any tw game. I always have the limit on 45 minutes. I suppose it depends on whether you enjoy fighting every battle or only the decisive ones. I find big battles last around 20 - 30 minutes, though that's with 41 unit armies and larger units. Ai is better with fewer units though.

If you just want everything to take longer couldn't you just reduce unit speed and hit chance?

I'd be happy to give you 3 hour battles... on a different game. TW can't handle 3 hour battles unless you just want to watch a line of men attack each other with no deaths for 2 1/2 hours. 3 hour battles in TW is honestly impossible and I'd dare you to try.
    You did a good job at AE. However, the battle is very fast. Maybe try to make a submod for those who love longer battles. It’s just really uninteresting when the center of the army begins to run without having time to really start the battle. I myself have been waiting for your mod for a long time. And now I expect that sometime there will be a submod for a longer battle.
    Not for 3 hours, at least 2 times longer than it is right now.

Lol, this is actually pretty close to some of the siege battles I've had in Rome 2: DEI with the aforementioned slower battles. I usually disable the battle time limit because I like the field battles to last as long as they can, though usually even the longest ones are in the 25-35 minute range. But holy are the siege battles sometimes tedious. I'm pretty sure I've seen battles last from 1,5 to 2 hours. I remember trapping a massive force of hoplites on a narrow street and closing in on them from two sides, all the while raining throwing spears and slingshots at them from behind the lines. It took so long I just put it on fast forward and left it to play out while I went to have a smoke and do the groceries. I returned almost an hour later and the damn thing was still going on. Bored me to tears.

Anyway, the main reason for battles being slow in Attila even on AE is the stupid AI which leaves its flanks open and is just generally unable to fight in any co-ordinated fashion. I made a thread on this topic a while ago and demonstrated how it was trivially easy to flank and box in even a superior infantry force. If memory serves me, Petellius said the problem in the battle AI is unmodable. How CA hasn't fixed this is unbelievable to me, since it's close to constituting a game breaker.
    Last edited by Whitey McKnightey; March 18, 2019 at 10:00 AM.

Definitely game breaking. To this day it remains the largest problem for the series I think. The battles are so easy that the campaign becomes somewhat of walkover as its almost impossible to lose a battle unless you autoresolve.

Is there mod out there to change the way morale is handled in this game - I'm finding it too easy even on very hard and I'm no total war expert. It seems as soon as you wrap round and flank the AI, they break within a few seconds and its battle over. I'm losing only a fraction of my army, the Ai has heavy losses. I never had this in Attila - battles were far more of a challenge. I'm finding my campaign not much of a challenge because I know I can steamroll AI in battles. Any recommendations of sub mods that make battles harder? Thanks!

Definitely game breaking. To this day it remains the largest problem for the series I think. The battles are so easy that the campaign becomes somewhat of walkover as its almost impossible to lose a battle unless you autoresolve.
    Yes, but I think Attila suffers from it more than other titles I've played. I think Rome II battles are great at least on DEI, and same with a properly modded Shogun 2. In most titles you have to actively work to flank the enemy or exploit a breach in their line, and they'll try to do the same to you. In Attila, the AI throws its formation in the rubbish the moment you make a move, and will often attack you in an incoherent mob not even trying to flank. This doesn't happen every time, but it's worse than in other historical titles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast