Thread: DBs affecting unit cap and and unit type cap

Default DBs affecting unit cap and and unit type cap

Hi all,

Playing this mod and enjoying it so far, I do however struggle with the unit caps (amount of soldiers per class) and amount of units per class buildable.

Currently, I'm seeking to boost the number of men in certain unit classes - as I currently feel the tradeoff is too much. I could deal with more expensive and slightly less men per unit in samurai and sohei classes but right now they're probably a bit too low for my play style.

I'm also seeking to edit the number of units per class buildable. ie. even Ashigaru units are capped per ashigaru building and I was looking to boost this as this limitation particularly hurt. I think the biggest issue was certain unit types were so limitedly capped that it affected the army composition I like to run with usually and building up those caps took so long.

I do however love the style and unit diversity this mod has brought to Shogun 2 and am keen to see where it goes. It has so much potential.

It would be nice to see the AI get some work as currently it looks like the AI issues have been circumvented by simply giving all AI factions unlimited income but at the same time using unit caps to stop AI being able to flood the map with armies. I get why it's there, it's just frustrating to have hard caps limit you to tackle an issue when it would be good if normal economic barriers determined what you can/can't build and governed your choices. At least that way you feel like you have freedom of choice but at the same time are limited by barriers that can be overcome with smart choices rather than programmed caps.

I also noticed the Ashikaga faction is much much more aggressive than vanilla - they act more like a regular faction than a defensive Emperor (Vatican) type single province faction. Was this intended?

I'm hoping you get some modder help Weierstrass because a mod like this deserves resources to give it that polish. It's got a great foundation to really go places and I like a lot of the directions you've taken it.

Default Re: DBs affecting unit cap and and unit type cap

Fredz i reallly understand what you say. But the game AI is too limited and it's hard to make it work better. Trust me i have spend countless hours improving such aspect. As the AI is limited i had to increase cash to it.
    What i dont trully undestand is what do you want with the unit cap? Delete ir improve some ratios? If it's ratios go to building effects and units tables

Default Re: DBs affecting unit cap and and unit type cap

I thought there would be some good reason. Your work is good so im sure you've looked at all options!

Thanks for letting me know the dbs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk