Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Official DEI Realism v1.6 (Updated Aug 4th)

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default [SUBMOD] Official DEI Realism v1.6 (Updated Aug 4th)

Dear Community,

I've realized that ScipioTheGreat's amazing sub-mod named above has no presence on TWC. Well, consider this it. Until this point, the mod had been being supported thru Steam & its Discord channel. Scipio has confirmed that he will try to keep up with this thread for any questions, suggestions and concerns about the mod.

Realism has been out since July 2018, so I'm sure that many of you are already aware of it. If not, you are in for a treat! See below for details (and my awesome copy and paste job with the Steam page). I've had no part in the creation of this mod. This project is ScipioTheGreat's

It is recommended to play the main mod with the 3 additional Realism submods that also appear in Steam: Edict Balancing & Additions, Technology Groups Strategic Rework, Upgradable Roads. 12 TPY sub-mod also recommended. However, these submods for Realism 1.5 are not required. The Steam download will make it seem as if the submods are required, but they are not. However, why would you resist?

Main mod link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=1445495370
    Submods:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=1556191561
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=1529229295
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...?id=1457588434

Join us on Discord! Join using the link below and be a part of the conversation! This is the best way to keep up with and be a part of the development of this project. This will remain the mod's home on TWC, but Steam and Discord will likely provide the quickest avenue to Q & A and updates for the mod moving forward.
    https://discord.gg/v2wy25P

MISSION STATEMENT

This submod aims to make campaigns more realisitc and difficult, while still taking the factors of fun and playabiltiy into consideration. Overtime, this mod will be built upon, with new features being added and prexisiting ones improved, to make it the ultimate DEI Campaign Submod for any player looking to add some new and exciting changes to their playthroughs. So far, changes to unit costs, building effects, civic aspects, AI functionality, and other Campaign mechanics are just some of the main tweaks incorporated in DEI Realism that bring it closer to it's goal.

OVERVIEW

Overall, this mod will make your campaign seem more realistic and intense, with characerstics mirroring those of Ancient Warfare and development. Some tweaks include:

Campaign

- Slightly Reduced Campaign Movement
    - Harsh Seasons have more of an impact
    - AI Allies will now provide more Military support and respond to attack requests better
    - Units are more valuable, which results in more careful in-game decisions
    - Looting, Sacking, etc. now grant more money
    - Improved Diplomtic Interactions
    - More interesting and active actions on the Campaign map
    - Slightly longer construction times and turns required for research
    - Custom built Diplomatic Missions

AI

- Reduced & reworked AI buffs/bonuses
    - More Aggresive
    - Settlements are built up more
    - Better decesion-making in regards to diplmoacy and miltitay actions
    - The AI's military will get strong over time. This is not dependent on the AI's power or research, which in turn rewards players and other factions that play a more aggressive approach

Economic

- More Expensive buildings
    - Increased base Faction Income: Minor 6,000 / Major 9,000
    - Increased Revenue from buildings & trade
    - Units cost more / Have lower upkeep
    - Economy is increasingly influential now. Starts slow at first, but can be a decisisive factor for any faction growing their empire, if developed correctly overtime
    - The differences between the types of main settlement buildings is much more drastic now, with recruitment, build time, & replenishment being only some of the effects that can fluctuate
    - All the building chains that offer 3 different development focuses: Main, Commerce, & Defense, have more specialized and realistic attributes, with defense buildings offering a faster construction and more benefits for your military. On the other hand, trade based developments offer more economic bonuses.

Other

- Custom and more Transparent UI with more in depth effects ( Trade values for resources for ex.)
    - Higher quality campaign models (Trade Ships for ex.)
    - Reworked values throught the Imperium System such as expansionism
    - Bigger Empires are now harder to manage
    - Cultures have special development features: Hellenic build ports and industry buildings faster, Eastern have reduced build times for all horse and cultural buildings, Romans are now able to shell out farm and wine constructions quicker, Barbarians will have military and temples up sooner

CONCLUSION

This mod includes parts of KAM's Alternative Economy, Dresden's Hardcore Mod, and other additions and tweaks from personal mods. Please ensure you're not using any of the mods listed above and/or ones that may conflict with DEI Realism's features, such as unit costs or sizes.

Save-game compatible and should work with other DEI mods. Please report any issues you may come across while using DEI Realism.

Compatibility (Work in Progress)
    -KAM's Alternative Economy (AE)-- Realism will not play well with this sub-mod since Realism already uses a tweaked version of KAM's AE.
    -Seleukos.I.Nikator's Age of Hellenism- currently not compatible
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; August 05, 2019 at 08:04 PM. Reason: More info

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Official DEI Realism v1.5

Great!
    Awesome mod, Scipio.
    Well done, DMW.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Excellent! We really need to bring more submodsin DEI and TWC! Congrats to Scipio and many thanks to our mate DMW for the thread
    Feel free to reach me for any help you may need guys!

@Skotos should we have a First-page announcement for this (since it's a big comprehensive submod)? when the guys are ready ofc
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 27, 2019 at 01:17 PM.

Ive been using this mod for a while now and i feel i cant play with out it!! Many thanks for the efforts and praise to ALĹ YOU MODDERS out there, if it was not for you guys, rome 2 would be trash in my eyes.

This mod really mitigates the early game grind with the adjusted economic settings. You can field decent armies early on and conquer territory pretty quickly, but you have to slow down and make more deliberate, strategic decisions very shortly after. For a guy that doesn't really getting over the early game hump, this is very encouraging and I'm far more engaged from turn 1 on.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've tried to use this mod as Romani, but on the first turn, you get 18k income surplus while in vanilla you get less than 3k surplus. Given that the upkeep prices are pretty the same, it seems to me that money is not going to be of any concern in this mod. It's all about the max number of armies now?

Nope. Try playing some more turns--construct buildings, recruit units and mercs and see how your pile of money ends up

The increase in income can be initially jarring, but play for a while and get back with us.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've tried to use this mod as Romani, but on the first turn, you get 18k income surplus while in vanilla you get less than 3k surplus. Given that the upkeep prices are pretty the same, it seems to me that money is not going to be of any concern in this mod. It's all about the max number of armies now?
    Upkeep is about 2.5x normal amount, and you’ll quickly realize that the higher starting income value doesn’t mean much, especially when things can be around 5x more expensive. Economy as a whole and the different value proportions are quite a weird thing to adjust to at first, but the system & it’s challenge are definitely built accordingly

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A question regarding Load Order in the new launcher:
    In which order does one mod overwrite another?
    Does the mod with a higher order number overwrite the one with a lower number, or doe the one with a lower number overwrite the one with a higher number?
    For example, if I have both DEI Realism Mod and the Official DEI mod itself, i clearly need to let DEI Realism overwrite DEI - what should I do? Should I give DEI Realism a lower order number or higher one? (I assume it ought to be a lower number that makes it placed on top - am I correct?)
    Thanks!!!!

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    Does the mod with a higher order number overwrite the one with a lower number, or doe the one with a lower number overwrite the one with a higher number?
    For example, if I have both DEI Realism Mod and the Official DEI mod itself, i clearly need to let DEI Realism overwrite DEI - what should I do? Should I give DEI Realism a lower order number or higher one? (I assume it ought to be a lower number that makes it placed on top - am I correct?)
    Thanks!!!!
    Answered the question in my last comment on the steam page

Wow thanks for bringing these here i havnt actually heard of this sub-mod but it seems great, i will definitly try it out today the changes seem very promising on paper and i love the idea on working on Kams alternative economy mod which makes campaigns dynamic go completly different from base DEI

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Great to have Realism come home to TWC! And congrats on being today's front page announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    Thanks!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Answered the question in my last comment on the steam page
    Already answered that here

Quote Originally Posted by Skotos of Sinope View Post
    Great to have Realism come home to TWC! And congrats on being today's front page announcement!
    Bloody Hell who suggested that ?

boblikesoup's Avatar Civis

This mod has given me the challenge I'm looking for when Legendary base DEI wasn't enough.

Finally Realism is on here! I started using it a few months ago and I absolutely love it, thanks Scip!

@Scipio: Will there be a non steam version of this mod? I don't like to install steam mods because they often give problems.

awesome, thanks to Scipio for creating this and DMW for organising and bringing it to our attention. im not very good with sieving through various submods in workshop but was always interested in this submod as it matches my interests and playing style the best. having it here helps with clarity and accessibility imho. if i ever do another DEI letsplay it'll be most likely based on the Realism. thanks again gents

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    im not very good with sieving through various submods in workshopinterests and playing style the best. having it here helps with
    Υοu should be. Using 250 Mods on Nexus (for Skyrim alone) will give you all the confidence you'll ever need

Centenarius

Glad to see this here as I didn't know about it actually. I tend to only use the DEI subforum here for all of my Rome II needs. I don't browse mods on Steam and only use them when I get a recommendation here. I will definitely be trying this when I get back into playing. Thanks to both of you, for the mod(s) and the visibility here.

Sure thing!

I'm the same way. I'm sure that I came across this on Steam, but I didn't know whether or not to trust it since it wasn't on TWC sub-forums. There is a lot of random DeI mods on Steam of dubious quality, so I'm glad this one checked out
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; March 01, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast