Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Official DEI Realism v1.6 (Updated Aug 4th)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Official DEI Realism v1.5

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSG View Post
    Hello is this a bug; After the new upt it conflicts with mod 41 units in army + Custom banner
    (by the way i solve the problem with diplomacy with the use of a relative mod).
    cant upload the image...:-(
    Hi,
    Check this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    How to take and upload a pic:

1)Take a screenshot with F12.
    2)Find-Upload it to your Steam account.
    3)Choose the pic from your profile by clicking on it. Click it again and you will see a link. You could also right click it and choose copy the url.
    4)Go to the advanced panel of your message and add the image's url by clicking (insert image).
    5)Your should also use spoilers for helping with the site's loading times etc

Btw, you can edit your own posts after 25 of them
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 30, 2019 at 05:41 AM.

I think i got it. Thanx GS.
    next time i use spoliers. Now i am talking about the black square on the flag. I use the 41 units and was ok with Realism until the last upd.

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 02, 2019 at 07:11 AM.

May I ask how culture works in this submod? I’ve been enjoying most aspects on my first play through using it (veteran DeI player). However playing as Maurya, I’m seeing culture swinging dramatically one Persian, Greek, and Hindu. In Maka controlling the starting 2 of 3 regions and deploying a diplomat, I had Hindu culture drop to 0% over the course of the first 20 turns. I now control all three regions but it seems stuck around 10%. Conversely, Baktria (which I conquered around turn 20-30 rose to almost 40% Hindu in a few turns but is now dropping quickly back down. I’m confused both by how rapid the changes are, and also how absolute. In other words, it seems like if you’re generating slightly more culture it approaches 100%, and if slightly less it approaches 0%. It’s as as if the game were only taking a single culture’s influence into account. It might also be worth noting that the details breakdown doesn’t show my culture and doesn’t seem consistent between provinces. Is this a bug or an intended part of the game? Everything else seems to be functioning normally.

How's the siege going? I checked: Egypt holds on to 13 (26) moves of anthropotene 9 (walls), Epirus 10 (walls), Barbariana 5 (no walls) Why such a spread? As there are few moves for barbarians, Techs take off - 6,+ retinue and pumping genes and warrior.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by nhvanputten View Post
    May I ask how culture works in this submod? I’ve been enjoying most aspects on my first play through using it (veteran DeI player). However playing as Maurya, I’m seeing culture swinging dramatically one Persian, Greek, and Hindu. In Maka controlling the starting 2 of 3 regions and deploying a diplomat, I had Hindu culture drop to 0% over the course of the first 20 turns. I now control all three regions but it seems stuck around 10%. Conversely, Baktria (which I conquered around turn 20-30 rose to almost 40% Hindu in a few turns but is now dropping quickly back down. I’m confused both by how rapid the changes are, and also how absolute. In other words, it seems like if you’re generating slightly more culture it approaches 100%, and if slightly less it approaches 0%. It’s as as if the game were only taking a single culture’s influence into account. It might also be worth noting that the details breakdown doesn’t show my culture and doesn’t seem consistent between provinces. Is this a bug or an intended part of the game? Everything else seems to be functioning normally.
    Hey bud, sorry for the late reply.

Per Scipio, Realism does use a setup similar to Cultural Tension when it comes to conversion and whatnot. He said he'll look into your report.

1.59ePatch Notes:
    - Introduced realistic and custom line of sight extensions for buildings, instead of the default ‘10’ for most in regular DEI. Now all cultures will have unique LoS values, that will differ depending on settlement building type. Forts, civil, farms will have lower numbers compared to trade for ex.
    - Started final building effect and attribute value rework
    - Introduced all new and custom Scripted Political values along with a couple effects for: Events, Party Traits, Imperium, and several actions. These are usually higher numbers, however both positive and negative sides have been increased to allow for a more impactful but also rewarding political experience. The hope is to make things such as a political party traits a more decisive factor when making decisions elsewhere
    - Further diplo balancing work- Further customization to faction personalities
    - Lowered foreign cultural penalty values for imperium
    - Many other minor campaign and base game tweaks
    - New unique mini-map & diplomacy map
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 17, 2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    - Introduced all new and custom Scripted Political values along with a couple effects for: Events, Party Traits, Imperium, and several actions. These are usually higher numbers, however both positive and negative sides have been increased to allow for a more impactful but also rewarding political experience. The hope is to make things such as a political party traits a more decisive factor when making decisions elsewhere
    That's a very interesting addition. Something that I've already thought nice to have.

Does anyone know how to get the Historical Objectives mod to work with this?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Imo you simply have to load it before and it will overwrite scipio's mission script (and text)
    if it doesn't work it means you have to revert to the old manager.
    Pay attention that prizes aren't balanced with realism, you should raise them into the script

Scipio's working on version 1.6. So far, he'll be focusing on narrowing the scope of his work a bit. Here are some early ideas that may be implemented in the future.

1.6 Ground Work additions:
    - Improved Battle Field Textures added in (mostly barbarians)
    - Raiding stance now causes attrition
    - Couple of new dilemmas and events added in
    - More transparent and optimal battle UI graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Scipio's working on version 1.6. So far, he'll be focusing on narrowing the scope of his work a bit. Here are some early ideas that may be implemented in the future.

1.6 Ground Work additions:
    - Improved Battle Field Textures added in (mostly barbarians)
    Sounds interesting

Salve friends

Does anyone know if I can use the Cultural tensions mod together with Scipios Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by MSP1987 View Post
    Salve friends

Does anyone know if I can use the Cultural tensions mod together with Scipios Mod?
    Yes you can.

I'm sorry if there is an answer to this, but I can't read all 6 pages. And search in this outdated forum is... bad.

On Official DEI Realism v1.5 Steam page it has 2 Collections, one being Current Mods Used - DEI based. Since new something constantly deletes mod descriptions, Scipio naturally grew tired of updating descriptions. The questions is: are mods listed under Current Mods Used - DEI based are already included in Official DEI Realism v1.5?

Scipio has replied this question I've asked on mod's official Discord server. Reply is:
    No, mods listed are not included. They are separate mods. Not required to run the Realism mod, with only exception of "Upgradable roads".
    Last edited by DC0; July 04, 2019 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Of course If you play your cards well and you know what you're doing, eventually with factions as Rome, you'll be swimming in money, but that's understandable. I'm sitting on 300K after around 100 turns, but I have pretty much built a perfect economy and trades routes everywhere.
    Wait. What? I'm currently in turn 178 of my Kartli campaign with DeI only. Treasury 1513000, income per turn is 65000. Trading with entire known world, except for 3 factions.
    It seems to me I'm going to like Realism mod

So the historical unit size submod doesn't apply changes to starting units in any campaign. I assume this is because the authors didn't want to include startpos.esf due to the potential conflicts it involves. Is there a starpos.esf submod or version of the mod out there somewhere that has these changes in place?

Also, somewhat off topic, but does anyone know what city the REALISM: Hellenic main menu background is supposed to represent? Would love to get that and any of the authors similar works as a wallpaper.

Last edited by Rendon; July 04, 2019 at 03:58 PM.

Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity on my part.

As DC0 mentioned, joining the Discord group in the OP is the best way to get fast direct feedback. Rendon, I would recommend that you do this as well.

In other news, it looks like Realism 1.5 placed for a TWC award. Thanks for the support, guys! I'll let Scipio know.

Congratulations on a well-deserved award guys

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yep, congrats Scipio

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Yep, congrats Scipio
    And to all his team-people who contributed and DMW who keeps this thread alive ofc

Thanks guys!

I'm sure this will be a pleasant surprise for Scipio especially. Initially, he wasn't planning on having a presence on TWC for the mod and just planned on keeping it on Steam & Discord.

The support of the TWC members is greatly appreciated and the mod is all the better for it!