Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Launcher And Mod Manager.

Default Re: New Launcher And Mod Manager.

Its possible its a multiplayer issue.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Just a comment in the dark, but, I was experiencing those dilemma issues with the WoS DLC (Macedonian Wars for DeI). I"ve been traveling for a week without my gaming PC, but most(not all) of the choices I made in my campaign came with no resolution or effects upon the next turn.

All this launcher business sounds much like new contraption from Nexus forums - their Vortex launcher. It's loading order is determined automatically via master schemas (LOOT tool is built in) and you have no way to manually change it apart from writing endless rules of interdependency between individual mods and mod groups which don't even work for me. Loading order looks a total mess with ~200 mods and the devs said it won't ever be changed.
    Seems to me, this is the current trend we have nowadays: the user is forced to sit back and relax, because 'we know better'.

Yeah, it's a pain at start when you're modding Bethesda games, I mostly trust the automatic order, but otherwise I just force files to be placed in non-existant lower positions, so they'll always be at the bottom and then arrange them after that.

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A question regarding Load Order in the new launcher:
    In which order does one mod overwrite another?
    Does the mod with a higher order number overwrite the one with a lower number, or doe the one with a lower number overwrite the one with a higher number?
    For example, if I have both DEI Realism Mod and the Official DEI mod itself, i clearly need to let DEI Realism overwrite DEI - what should I do? Should I give DEI Realism a lower order number or higher one? (I assume it ought to be a lower number that makes it placed on top - am I correct?)
    Thanks!!!!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Just a comment in the dark, but, I was experiencing those dilemma issues with the WoS DLC (Macedonian Wars for DeI). I"ve been traveling for a week without my gaming PC, but most(not all) of the choices I made in my campaign came with no resolution or effects upon the next turn.
    You'll probably need to post this on Feedback or I could move it for you

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    A question regarding Load Order in the new launcher:
    In which order does one mod overwrite another?
    Does the mod with a higher order number overwrite the one with a lower number, or doe the one with a lower number overwrite the one with a higher number?
    For example, if I have both DEI Realism Mod and the Official DEI mod itself, i clearly need to let DEI Realism overwrite DEI - what should I do? Should I give DEI Realism a lower order number or higher one? (I assume it ought to be a lower number that makes it placed on top - am I correct?)
    Thanks!!!!
    Indeed, the new launcher loads the the upper files first, so you'll need to put submods higher than the main mod.

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thanks man! Much appreciation for your clarification!!

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    Thanks man! Much appreciation for your clarification!!
    My pleasure. Feel free to post any other issues or questions you may have

Latest posts about Dilemmas etc are now moved to the appropriate Bug's Thread.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 02, 2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Ever after the new Launcher, my friend and I have been getting an error message saying we don't have the same mods. It worked just fine before the new launcher.

We have tried to rearrange the mods in many different ways, including submods on the top and DEI 1-2-3 below. Any suggestions?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mastergunner_19k's Avatar Foederatus

Have the same issues as Futurebot...me and my son tried everything a few days ago. Both have the exact same Mods subscribed, also activated (only DEI and related submods...mods for vanilla are grayed out, inactive of course since we want to try a DEI Campaign) Both of us have updated files, ensured they are good, difference to Futurebot is that our Submods for DEI are set higher in the load order then the 3 parts of DEI. Also my son does not have certain vanilla DLC's that I have but I deactivated those so they shouldn't affect anything. Both of us can load/start a single player DEI campaign on our respective Computers just fine, we can also start a vanilla multiplayer campaign just fine. it looks as if the new launcher does not let us start a DEI campaign....any ideas would be appreciated.
    And yes we posted it on Steam's customer support that same day. So far nothing.

It's a Multi issue as it seems, guys. We have no power to fix it sadly, so we'll have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunner_19k View Post
    Have the same issues as Futurebot...me and my son tried everything a few days ago. Both have the exact same Mods subscribed, also activated (only DEI and related submods...mods for vanilla are grayed out, inactive of course since we want to try a DEI Campaign) Both of us have updated files, ensured they are good, difference to Futurebot is that our Submods for DEI are set higher in the load order then the 3 parts of DEI. Also my son does not have certain vanilla DLC's that I have but I deactivated those so they shouldn't affect anything. Both of us can load/start a single player DEI campaign on our respective Computers just fine, we can also start a vanilla multiplayer campaign just fine. it looks as if the new launcher does not let us start a DEI campaign....any ideas would be appreciated.
    And yes we posted it on Steam's customer support that same day. So far nothing.
    As I mentioned we have tried all kinds of variations of load orders Anyways, will you please keep us informed if you receive a reply by customer support?

Quote Originally Posted by Futurebot View Post
    As I mentioned we have tried all kinds of variations of load orders Anyways, will you please keep us informed if you receive a reply by customer support?
    You can always use the old and 100% working laucher

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There is a way that can work, download only 3 parts and see if it works. Until CA delivers a stable update, best to play with 3-4 mods depending on what works.

I am lucky that the mod launcher is actually stable and working for me. If you have a 100 mods - better to unsub and then sub again. I tried one mod and it seems to work.

The old launcher, though buggy and often crashing, was still reliable despite the numerous crashes I encountered. Greek Strategos puts it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    You can always use the old and 100% working laucher
    Really? Stupid question: How?

Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.
    and voila

Mastergunner_19k's Avatar Foederatus

Well I will certainly try and see about using the old launcher next time I go for a multi with my son, so far CA has only replied with the very typical "we are sorry to hear about your issues blah blah, check our FAQ etc" so yeah until they do something about this issue I will use the old Launcher when attempting to play a multi campaign. Thanks Greek Strategos for the info, I honestly would have asked the same Question as Futurebot being that I am ancient and not really computer savvy haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunner_19k View Post
    Well I will certainly try and see about using the old launcher next time I go for a multi with my son, so far CA has only replied with the very typical "we are sorry to hear about your issues blah blah, check our FAQ etc" so yeah until they do something about this issue I will use the old Launcher when attempting to play a multi campaign. Thanks Greek Strategos for the info, I honestly would have asked the same Question as Futurebot being that I am ancient and not really computer savvy haha.
    My pleasure and yeah, I know the drill and as CA is very slow on fixing things, don't keep your hopes high, for a quickfix.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Υeah, brand new bugs
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 14, 2019 at 08:51 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast