Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Launcher And Mod Manager.

Default Re: New Launcher And Mod Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    You can always use the old and 100% working laucher
    The new CA launcher is so great that I cannot even launch the vanilla Rome II with it Like I ever wanted to play it for real, but for testing purposes only I definitely go back to older launcher and hope for the grace of God that CA doesn't let this monster out of beta, rather drag it behind the shed and let it out of it's misery...
    Last edited by MrTimbe68; March 17, 2019 at 04:06 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimbe68 View Post
    The new CA launcher is so great that I cannot even launch the vanilla Rome II with it Like I ever wanted to play it for real, but for testing purposes only I definitely go back to older launcher and hope for the grace of God that CA doesn't let this monster out of beta, rather drag it behind the shed and let it out of it's misery...
    Yeah, many people already dropped it. I hope the'llmanage to fix it at some point within the decade
    If you're really eager to give it a go (again) try to launch STEAM with admin rights
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 03, 2019 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

I an Report, i have no Problems since the Laucher update rollout

Definitely having issues. No matter where I place some submods, they load in whatever order they like. Trying to load macwar_mfp_submod and it refuses to load anywhere but the bottom. Thanks

@JCB206
    Yeah, many mods are totally unloadable atm, due to the new launcher. Its buggy as hell and even the interface looks like an amateur's work.

I think the interface is much more user friendly, things can be seen a lot easier, actions can be made a lot faster, etc.... and the old manager would always glitch out whenever I would do certain actions like delete the mod directly from the manager, it would re-check/re-activate and sometimes even start REDOWNLOADING almost every single mod within the manager and I would manually have to uncheck them again, and then wait for them to Re Verify, all the while having it lag while scrolling side to side.

Once the issues with new manager get resolved, I don't see how anyone could prefer the old one simply due to the glitches and cumbersome interface.

new launcher seems to work fine. im not sure if its still in beta but had no issues with it so far. though i didnt play that often as of late tbh.

Senator

I had a longer absence from TW. What is the new launcher? The vertical list of mods which appear on Steam, rather than the old horizontal window? Or something else?

I tried the list launcher yesterday with DeI 1.2.4, one mod of mine with additional Attila skins and some variantmeshdefs, a rather old GEM version, grass and blood textures mod and it worked. Maybe I'm lucky.

If necessary, how do you go back to the old launcher?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

If you are using multiple mods it's only a matter of time before something goes wrong with the new launcher.

It's thus recommended that you revert to the old one. Just check the opening post on how you should do that.

Senator

Ok, break of rule No 1, always look at first post first. Thanks for the hint.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

No problem!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

moving it on top

Senator

If you are having problems with the new launcher, close it, go into C:\users\$username$\Appdata\roaming\the creative assembly.
    Delete the launcher folder, start the game up and it will create a new clean folder.

When you open the launcher, the first page is pretty meaningless, you can rearrange mods to your heart's content, but it usually doesn't actually do it , the 2nd warning window after hitting play is the one that will show you the actual order the mods are being loaded in, and probably list mods you no longer use.
    If you stopped using a mod, unsubscribed or whatever, it will still appear in this 2nd window, even if the mod is no longer in the data folder, and if you attempt to play multiplayer, it will list the mod as still being there, and will throw up a "different version" message when trying to connect in the lobby.

May not work for everyone, but it worked for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Indeed, the new launcher loads the the upper files first, so you'll need to put submods higher than the main mod.
    It seems to me you contradict yourself.
    Also, Scipio have written here, see his post dated 28 Feb @ 12:22pm (it seems there is no way to provide the direct link to Steam Forum post):
    the top of the load order(higher alphabetical order) will always overwrite mods below it, if it shares the same tables and entries
    Which means new launcher loads last file in the load order first, then working its way up to the first file in the load order. And the topmost file is considered "fresh" and overwrites all other files found below, and therefore, before, it.

Would you please review and confirm?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 03, 2019 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DC0 View Post
    Also, Scipio have written here, see his post dated 28 Feb @ 12:22pm (it seems there is no way to provide the direct link to Steam Forum post):

Which means new launcher loads last file in the load order first, then working its way up to the first file in the load order. And the topmost file is considered "fresh" and overwrites all other files found below, and therefore, before, it.

GS might be old, but he's not contradicting himself on this occasion, he stated pretty much what you repeated with Scipio's comment. The mod launcher automatically orders all mods alphabetically, but that doesn't mean that this is the best load order. You then need to manually rearrange the mod order to make sure that all submods are in a higher position. Most people that make steamsubmods will add signs like @ or _ to their submod to make sure that they get ordered in a higher load order, but that isn't always the case.

What @Dardo said

Hmmm. To me phrase the new launcher loads the the upper files first means files at the top of load order are loaded first, 2nd from the top down is loaded second, etc. Which means that the lower in the load order - the later it loads. Which contradicts to later statement you'll need to put submods higher than the main mod.

For clarity sake: files at the top of load order must be the ones you want to take precedence over lower files.
    Last edited by DC0; July 03, 2019 at 11:50 AM.

For clarity sake: files at the top of load order must be the ones you want to take precedence over lower files.
    As always, in all Total War Titles.

Patrician

Bumping it.

see GS #1 post to learn how to revert to the old manager.

Patrician

Bumping it.

see GS #1 post to learn how to revert to the old manager.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123