Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Male-to-female transgenders are ruining sports for women.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: Male-to-female transgenders are ruining sports for women.

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    @Cookiegod: I may be misunderstanding your recent post. Are you saying that mandating medication to control hormones is no different from doping? Doping is illegal by the federation rules. The mandated medication is not simply legal but required under the federation rules. There is a huge difference between voluntary and involuntary regarding all rules of behavior. Not just the rules involved here.
    No, what I'm saying is that people can, and frequently are excluded on various biological markers. Including hormones. If your testosterone levels are suspiciously high, you'll fall under scrutiny even as a male athlete.

For transathletes that'll mean they'll have to not slack on their transition, and take that medicine until their testosterone is a maximum of 2x the level even the manliest women can expect. Oh the repression!

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    Yes there are risks to the competition of classing and separating women from men. I cannot believe that Seymenea's case if she had one would have been the straw to break the federations back though. Her condition is incredibly rare and should not be equated to sex change by chemistry or self identification issues that seem to blur the politicians eyes.
    If you have 1000 sports practitioners in a game, and 1 of them has a ~50% biological strength advantage, it doesn't matter how rare that condition is. He/she is very likely to win. Which is why we see so many transgender athletes win at the moment. The whole point of women's sports was that they had a space where they didn't have to compete against that.

Now they're being forced out of said space. If the federation hadn't started to take action against that, it would've led to women simply starting other federations that'd've allowed them to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

2x the maximum testosterone encountered in women is too high. 50% above the maximum normal levels should be the cutoff.
    See this link: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321292.php

" Normal testosterone levels in men are around 280 to 1,100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). Women secrete much lower amounts, with normal levels considered to be between 15 and 70 ng/dL."
    Put the cut-off to 100ng/dL to compete in women sports.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Weird, I thought feminists want gender equality including transgenders, and now they don't like it...
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; May 29, 2019 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Weird, I thought feminists want gender equality including transgenders, and now they don't like it...
    ...so you're saying you have insufficient information to understand the issue?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    ...so you're saying you have insufficient information to understand the issue?
    The issue is that we must somehow believe that crossdressed men or castrasted men are actually women in disguise.

The sooner this mentally illness is cured or not tolerated, the better it is.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    This statement assumes all feminists even agree that gender is a "social construct".

Something that can be disproved by the David Reimer debacle.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    This statement assumes all feminists even agree that gender is a "social construct".

Something that can be disproved by the David Reimer debacle.
    TERF might be one of the rare sane feminists since they at least acknowledge women exist as a biological entities so we can have a ground to discuss upon.

Then again, most mainstream feminists want to murder them.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    2x the maximum testosterone encountered in women is too high. 50% above the maximum normal levels should be the cutoff.
    See this link: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321292.php

" Normal testosterone levels in men are around 280 to 1,100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). Women secrete much lower amounts, with normal levels considered to be between 15 and 70 ng/dL."
    Put the cut-off to 100ng/dL to compete in women sports.
    Nope, blood levels aren't usually measured in ng/dL (which would be very inconvenient), but in nmol/L.
    The limit is set to 5 nmol/L, which I already wrote about twice:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15782355

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

https://world.wng.org/2019/05/built_in_advantage

2016: Craig Telfer is ranked 200th
    2017: Craig Telfer is ranked 390th
    2018: Craig Telfer 'transitions to female'
    2019: CeCe Telfer is national champion

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

I enjoy watching the transwomen pounding the hell out of the women-women in MMA.

Good for them! You go girl! Don't let anyone hold you back!

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    I enjoy watching the transwomen pounding the hell out of the women-women in MMA.

Good for them! You go girl! Don't let anyone hold you back!
    Captain Arrrgh,

The problem is that they are not girls.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Captain Arrrgh,

The problem is that they are not girls.
    He was baiting you mate.

Honestly this Trans-movement. Whatever it is. I just don't care for it.
    I don't like how they try to put a label on everybody.
    I don't like how it is required and expected that we play their fancies.
    I don't like how some people are committing violence (verbal or physical) against them.
    I don't like how this has become so politicized and now we are dragging kids in with hormone therapy and projections by the parent on what their "woke" kid is doing next.
    I don't like how they try to control language to suit their politics.
    I don't like how one person's delusion allows them to have an absolutely unfair advantage in a sport. It is just not right.

These things need to change for me to support the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    He was baiting you mate.
    The problem is basics doesn't and never will understand trasngender as a concept.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The problem is basics doesn't and never will understand trasngender as a concept.
    I don't think understanding the concept is really at all relevant.

Why do I support gay rights? Because it is about 2 adults deciding what they want to do in their own life.
    Why do I not support Transgender "rights" because they want decide for others how they run their life.

I think that is the crux of the issue and why, to me, there is resistance against that community.
    Well you already know my opinions about the matter. I put transgenders into the same category of the Christians trying to decide what we can teach in science class.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Gaidin,

If the concept was that a man was born with a penis and a uteris and womb I would see the problem but from all I know and that's admittedly not a lot, it appears to be all in the mind. Therefore if a guy discards his male parts that's his business, but when he then competes with real women in sports, the likliehood is that he will have an unfair advantage because his engine is still male. Here's the thing, if transgenderism is a concept then how do they get their offspring outside of artificial means and how would they know that baby is a transgender itself? One way or another it's a dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I don't think understanding the concept is really at all relevant.

Why do I support gay rights? Because it is about 2 adults deciding what they want to do in their own life.
    Why do I not support Transgender "rights" because they want decide for others how they run their life.

I think that is the crux of the issue and why, to me, there is resistance against that community.
    Well you already know my opinions about the matter. I put transgenders into the same category of the Christians trying to decide what we can teach in science class.
    Transgender rights can't trump anyone else's rights, starting with biological women, followed by kids in education, then everyone's freedom of speech. If it comes down to that, then they'll get nothing. I have zero issues with gay marriage for instance, but if they don't drop support to the trans-bs, then I'll drop support to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Transgender rights can't trump anyone else's rights, starting with biological women, followed by kids in education, then everyone's freedom of speech. If it comes down to that, then they'll get nothing. I have zero issues with gay marriage for instance, but if they don't drop support to the trans-bs, then I'll drop support to them.
    Once again you assault me with your nonsensical drivel.

How exactly did I assault YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    How exactly did I assault YOU?
    As a genetically superior white man I am sure you can figure it out.

I was agreeing with you?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast