Thread: Couple of battle/ unit related questions

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Default Couple of battle/ unit related questions

Hey guys,

Starting to get the feel for EBII... slowly.

Even the more chaotic/ rustic feel of the battles are growing on me now.

Have a few questions however -

1. Do sword armed infantry get a bonus against spear armed infantry like in EB?

2. Will "At-clicking" with certain units allow them to switch weapons and give combat bonuses in certain situations like in EB - if so which units for Romans?

3. Ok not battle related but what element of income is improvements? It seems to reduce every time I want to build something.

Thanks again for any feedback!
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Couple of battle/ unit related questions

1. Not unless it's something hardcoded, no.
    2. Again, no combat bonuses beyond anything hardcoded, and yes it will switch to secondary, whatever that might be. Lots of units have a missile-primary and melee-secondary. No infantry units have two melee weapons, only cavalry can do that, due to that combination being bugged for infantry.
    3. Not sure I understand the question. Many buildings have an income "cost" representing upkeep. For economic-oriented ones, that's trivial compared to the gain you'd make from them.