Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Total Bananas - 1099 - beta#1

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Total Bananas - 1099 - beta#1

Sent the save file, but yeah I didn't think of making it into an archive.. huh will do that in future

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

I had a quick look.
    The log is not helpful.
    But I can recreate your crash. I think it has nothing to do with the merchant.
    There may be an issue with the map around this specific area. But i am not sure.

I hope I find the bug. This will need some time consuming trial and error testing.
    What may work is, not sending anything up there (agent, army, etc).

Edit:

Ok, this gets clearer.
    It' the mayan faction in conjunction with the nicaraguan granada settlement.
    i killed the mayans off via console command and had no ctds after that by looking at the granada region.
    i would need some backstory here. did you conquer granada first and made it into a castle? did the mayans then take it from you?
    Last edited by 4zumi; March 08, 2019 at 06:43 AM.
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Yeah I owned Granada, turned it into a castle and then lost it in a big battle. I have other merchants in that region and they don't cause CTDs, so is it the amount of merchants there or is this specific merchant the problem no matter where he goes?

this has nothing to do with the merchant. it is soley triggered, when you hover with the camera over the granada region.
    i try to figure out, what causes this. like i said, it is something related with the mayans.

Author of
    Developer of

This mod will soon be an alpha mod by the end of march right?

I think there is something wrong with settlement level growing or culture in some americas factions because at some points in the campaign moving the camera over a settlement causes crash. It happened to me with apachean towns and mayans. Maybe its a missing model in the settlement cultures.

@sulli

if it was an alpha soon, that would be bacckwards

pre alpha (very first stages)
    alpha (playable, but very rough)
    beta (mostly done, there may be issues)
    gold (ready to release)

but i have no idea, when it will be gold status and i can not predict it, depends on what issues i run into.

@wolf
    you are right, i could reproduce the same thing with an apachean settlement. right now i am looking at the stratmap models, but could not find anything. as far a i can say now the ctd happens when hovering over a settlement or if not hovering directly over it, trying to touch it with a mouse, this may indicate that the game tries to load something settlement related (text or texture) that it can not find. I yet have to pinpoint it down and trying blindly to find it...

Author of
    Developer of

After some testing, I could at least solve one bug, that was hidden in the expanded.txt.
    The meso cultures did not have description for castle stellements, which caused a ctd when hovering or clicking on one that the mesos might have conquered.
    You can download a hotfix here (just replace the old one in the text folder with that one)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dqt6tb...523h1.zip/file

I have tested the save Dragour sent me with that patch, and i was able to click in the settlement in question.
    But I experienced ctds, when flying over meso factions, and i have no idea why. It could be that the save file in itself is not saveable anymore with a patch.
    I tested the names.txt as well, looked into the desc_characters.txt and looked over the stratmap models. I could not find anything amiss.

If anyone has more insight, I will gladly listen. Right now I am building the beta#2 that will hopefully resolve this issue somehow. As i will test is with this bug in mind.

Author of
    Developer of

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for the patch! I don't mind restarting the Spain campaign, I admit I kind of rushed it because I wanted to try get those Chinese settlements too haha steam rolled Iberia then quickly took the islands.
    But while playing as Ireland and Lithuania (both controlled the Atlantic and south America) I had agents across America, spies, diplomats, merchants, and never had a crash, it only happened when the Mayans took my Spanish Castle which had Mesoamerican culture didn't it?
    (as in the Castle building was classed as Meso American instead of Southern Europe)
    Last edited by Dragour; March 09, 2019 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Missed a detail

And take this, it is dangerous to walk alone...

and replace the files in the mods data folder
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/bmmqxz...25232.zip/file

this restricts the meso culture to cities as max settlement and removes them from the castle building chain.
    this might help.

but keep in mind, this is highly experimental...

you need to start a new campaign for this.

Author of
    Developer of

Quote Originally Posted by Dragour View Post
    Thanks for the patch! I don't mind restarting the Spain campaign, I admit I kind of rushed it because I wanted to try get those Chinese settlements too haha steam rolled Iberia then quickly took the islands.
    But while playing as Ireland and Lithuania (both controlled the Atlantic and south America) I had agents across America, spies, diplomats, merchants, and never had a crash, it only happened when the Mayans took my Spanish Castle which had Mesoamerican culture didn't it?
    (as in the Castle building was classed as Meso American instead of Southern Europe)
    I think the castle could have triggered it. As the Meso Culture lacked a text description for it. So before transforming a settlement into a castle you might want to make a save or just refrain from doing this at all.
    I think with the hotfix, this issue might be fixed, because on the other hand, the americas factions should be able to take castle settlements in europe, without crashing.

We will see, if the hotfixes resolved this issue

And to answer your question. Your spanish castle had the southern european culture, as far as i know it is always the culture of the building faction, when the settlement gets upgraded or changed.

Author of
    Developer of

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

I do remember when I first played as the Mayans and eventually invaded Africa, the Moorish castles didn't crash for me when I owned them so guess it was specifically for the Americas settlements, since in the Americas campaign there were no castles and didn't you say you imported the data from that expansion?

@dragour
    yes, you are right. But that should not be the case. I just ran a AI only test campaign until turn 215 and no crashes, flying over meso settlements, no crashes. I think it was really linked to that settlement you converted, but i will test it further.

and here, have some mesoamerican mercenary navy (i think on very hard, tha ai also purchases available ships XD)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@wolf
    i am still testing movement range, etc, as i do not seem to get the atlantic factions to really settle those islands

Author of
    Developer of

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Even in mods like Expanded Americas where the Meso Americans actually had access to ports and boats, they very rarely sailed east to Europe and Africa, late game they occasionally sent a diplomat or 2 but never armies. It is great that they are buying mercenary ships since they can't build any, but the whole sailing armies east still doesn't happen. And IF you give the Meso Americans access to ports then at least they will be able to trade with the Chinese region if they invade there too =D

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Will probably never happen but it's a good dream, if you contact the Conquest ERAS team and get permission to use their Asian units and cultures etc you could always remove Wales (since Britain is crowded with 4 factions) and add Japan or China to that south west region, would be awesome. When you get the AI naval travel down then the Americas would be attacked from west and east ^^

I have now given them access to ship recruitment through ports. But they have to rely on old world factions to built ports. And ships will only get available to them after the gunpowder event.

And you are right, an asian faction will be a dream, there are no slots left and i will not sacrifice Wales . China is just there as small easteregg

Author of
    Developer of

you might have to increase movement range for generals and captains, the AI in descr_campaign_ai_db has some effect in the priority of assaulting settlements, but even with all of that due to the separation the AI will wage war on neighbors and have no spare room to send forces to conquer far away settlements(I think you can prevent them for attacking other non-slave factions for x turns in the AI db). Unless some european factions start with a foothold in americas(and some castles) or with an scripted invasion this will be hard to solve.

When you release the gold verson you should put more settlements in Europe and put in County of Flanders and Aragon into the mix. Now that would be nice!

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Would it be possible to get permission from the Stainless Steel team to use their units as a sub mod for both of your mods?? I know you want to stay vanilla as possible which is why I suggest a sub mod instead, the vanilla units for Byzantine, Lithuania and Novgorod are.. plain, and I love that you added Cumans and Persians to the other mod but their unit rosters are again nothing special

@wolf
    i have increased the movement range a bit and the general movement range calculation by a lot. i am looking into the ai file, but i think i have achieved some difference with the movement range and the attack parameters.
    and it depends on the random ai, if someone goes to the americas or not. but we will see this, as i progess further.

@dragour
    sure, it would be possible, i am not stopping anybody from doing so by the means of a submod. but i will not do it, this i leave to others as i am not really interested in porting ss units to my mods.
    yeah, cumans and kwarzemimimi got added last and i shelved out, what i could for them... XD

@all
    i am closing this thread now as i am right now uploading the beta #2. we can keep on the discussion in the new thread see you there

Author of
    Developer of

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123