Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Numbered Cohorts - Marian & Imperial

Foederatus

Default [SUBMOD] Numbered Cohorts - Marian & Imperial

One thing that always bothered me was that when deploying my legions for battle there were never the correct standards for each cohort (2-10), sometimes there would be 3 standards for the 9th cohort and none for the 3rd. This mod changes that. Now each cohort is its own specific unit. This applies for both Marian and Imperial. Now you can recruit a "Marian Second Cohort" and the standard will be correct!

Its the little things in life

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190223195612_1.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	472.8 KB 
ID:	357450

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jlebz9...d_Cohorts.pack
    Last edited by ode289; March 05, 2019 at 07:44 PM. Reason: removed old file, added link to new one

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Numbered Cohorts - Marian & Imperial

Cool, nice work!

Foederatus

I forgot to mention that this also has the added benefit of not being able to merge your units. So if one of your cohorts takes heavy losses during a battle, you'll have to be careful with them until they can be replenished. IMO this makes your units even more valuable then they already are.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Remember the times you could rename the units?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

ode289, this is such a terrific idea, but so far it's not working for me. I unzipped the mod into the Rome II data folder where it installed just above UMslegionspatch.pack. Then selected it in the mod manager and enabled out of date mods. I then went into my current campaign where all my legions are imperials, but no numbered cohorts appear in the unit icons. Then I got into a battle just to check, but no numbered cohort vexillia there either.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    ode289, this is such a terrific idea, but so far it's not working for me. I unzipped the mod into the Rome II data folder where it installed just above UMslegionspatch.pack. Then selected it in the mod manager and enabled out of date mods. I then went into my current campaign where all my legions are imperials, but no numbered cohorts appear in the unit icons. Then I got into a battle just to check, but no numbered cohort vexillia there either.
    My guess is that the UMslegionspatch.pack is not compatible with this. I have used it with base dei as well as dei realism (although it is not balanced for realism) and it works fine for both of those. I would imagine its not going to play well with any other unit mods. But feel free to use any part of this mod to make it compatible!

Super cool idea. Never even thought of this before and now I think about it I'm surprised it hadn't been done sooner. Great job!

Since large numbers of Dei subscribers use the UMslegionspatch mod, how hard would it be to mod this guy to play with that? I mean that's the mod that gives us the named and numbered legions which is so enormously an immersive mod that gives us our individual legions. I don't care about this if if doesn't mesh with that.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    Since large numbers of Dei subscribers use the UMslegionspatch mod, how hard would it be to mod this guy to play with that? I mean that's the mod that gives us the named and numbered legions which is so enormously an immersive mod that gives us our individual legions. I don't care about this if if doesn't mesh with that.
    I really didnt think that anybody at all would use this, it was just a personal mod iv'e been using for couple days now and thought I would share!

That being said, I don't think it would be difficult at all, just a little time consuming. I can start working on it this week when I have some time.

Cool submod!

ode289, thanks for trying to integrate with UMslegionspatch mod. Dardo21 seems to be the current custodian for that mod since UMCenturion has long ago moved on. You may want to PM Dardo21 with your intent. He may be able to advise you. Thanks again for the effort.

As long as your own units are added to custom tables, rather than added to existing DEI ones, you'd only need to adjust the population and reform script I think.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    As long as your own units are added to custom tables, rather than added to existing DEI ones, you'd only need to adjust the population and reform script I think.
    Perfect! Thank you for the input Dardo! Haven't had a chance to work on this yet this week, but hopefully can start this weekend!

Foederatus

I'm making some good progress on the umlegionspatch, but in the meantime I would like to remove my original pack file as in integrating with this patch I realized there were some things I missed. Unfortunately I cannot edit posts yet. Would a mod be able to remove this for me? Also to change the title of the thread to [WIP] Number Cohorts - Marian & Imperial?

Thank you!

Any possibility to make this mod available only after reforms or do I need to activate it manually once reforms are in place? Great stuff, really like the idea!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Throwerofstones View Post
    Any possibility to make this mod available only after reforms or do I need to activate it manually once reforms are in place? Great stuff, really like the idea!
    Definitely! I'm currently working on getting this integrated with the UMLegions mod and am running into the same reform issue. Once I get it figured out Ill update it.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Good, keep up the work, ode

Awesome sauce, you modders are legendary!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ode289 View Post
    I'm making some good progress on the umlegionspatch, but in the meantime I would like to remove my original pack file as in integrating with this patch I realized there were some things I missed. Unfortunately I cannot edit posts yet. Would a mod be able to remove this for me? Also to change the title of the thread to [WIP] Number Cohorts - Marian & Imperial?

Thank you!
    Will do
    Just upload your updated pack file and I'll merge it with your opening post later today.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Will do
    Just upload your updated pack file and I'll merge it with your opening post later today.
    I'm able to edit now, but thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast