Thread: DTW 2.0 Wars of the Epigoni

Icon6 DTW 2.0 Wars of the Epigoni

Hello all

I've always loved DTW, and it is to date the only mod that i'm willing to finish campaigns. However, what always bugged me was the intromission of Iberia and the almost non existent possibility of facing the romans against my phalanx unless i played as Epirus (which quite honestly i'm not a fan of in ANY MOD). So, while i was developingthe map im presenting i decided to give it a try an import it to my favorite mod with extraordinary results so far.

So without further delay, here it is, baby DTW 2.0 first sneak peak. This project is a 1 man army project, so expect slow but continued work.

The ptolemies greatest threat were always themselves in DTW, they even lost Alexandria sometimes. But now you can expect true menaces for the new pharaohs
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

If only the Seleucids weren't so focused on the Syrian wars, who knows what may have come of their realm
    [IMG][/IMG]

Don't forget to bring guides and don't get lost among the treacherous Armenian valleys
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bigger map means more and closer combat
    [IMG][/IMG]

The most hated part of DTW map for me was Asia minor, with over crowed areas, but not anymore. Now you can actually manouver armies around the map

[IMG][/IMG]

A different era invites new players into the game
    [IMG][/IMG]

The rulers of a hundred cities

[IMG][/IMG]

While we the greek heirs of Alexander struggle against each other, somewhere in the mediterranean another conflict scalates

[IMG][/IMG]

A new eastern frontier for the greek world
    [IMG][/IMG]

There is no small faction now; everyone gets a chance to fight their own war.

[IMG][/IMG]

Can you guess who's coming to play?

[IMG][/IMG]

Stay tuned for more updates!
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; February 24, 2019 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Updated it

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Diadochi Total War 2.0

Looks promising good sir

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I hope this succeeds, but I hope that we get a Diadochi TW on MTW2. A major thing I did not understand about DTW1 is that, why do you call the mod Diadochi, but do not set it during the main campaign during the well, Diadochi wars, why does Antigonus have to use the Attalid faction slot, that is insulting quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I hope this succeeds, but I hope that we get a Diadochi TW on MTW2. A major thing I did not understand about DTW1 is that, why do you call the mod Diadochi, but do not set it during the main campaign during the well, Diadochi wars, why does Antigonus have to use the Attalid faction slot, that is insulting quite frankly.
    Well despite the big change in map the mod will remain mostly the same, but with a time period that represents better the original DTW. So I think the better way to call this mod would be Epigoni Total War

Tiro

Default Re: DTW 2.0 Wars of the Epigoni

Looks real good, DTW is probably my favorite TW mod and seeing more development in anyway is really nice. Cool to see the possibility of indogreeks too. Also i never understood why there were so many european barbarian factions left playable, in the old DTW and here i see now. Merging them would make sense, to make more faction slots available for new diadoch or satraps.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Looks great, is this using muizer's map? I notice it is tilted and zoomed in.
    Regarding the faction icons, it are my empty ones overlayed with Rome 2 icons, right?
    Also you might want to use my strat map vegetation & texture set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywg_r_qJIAU
    Last edited by 20ninescene; April 08, 2019 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro Magno View Post
    Well despite the big change in map the mod will remain mostly the same, but with a time period that represents better the original DTW. So I think the better way to call this mod would be Epigoni Total War
    Maybe polish the Ptolemies a little bit? Because in the original they still used the old "RTW" portrait looking like Pharaos of 2500BC

By the way, if you need/want help in anyway, just send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by 20ninescene View Post
    Looks great, is this using muizer's map?
    I notice it is tilted and zoomed in.
    No

Regarding the faction icons, it are my empty ones overlayed with Rome 2 icons, right?
    Indeed, your work with the basic layer was very helpful and above all time saving

Also you might want to use my strat map vegetation & texture set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywg_r_qJIAU
    Ty i will consider it. I would like to keep the mod user friendly and have the full RS2 environments as a submod for those that want it.

UPDATE

Work is still been made. The map seems to be fully stable at the moment, even from the first post there have been some substancial changes than i hope players will like. Now that i'm starting to give life to that map i'm working on family trees (super vanilla in DTW) and historical figures.

The sample attached shows barely 50% of historical figures at some point considered for the mod or actually in-game right now. Immersion will take a whole new level in this DTW 2.0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wip.png  

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great work - your portraits are amazing

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Could you perhaps fix the pictures in your first post? I'm curious to see how it looks, but I can't.

Please tell me you're still working on this... it's the only mod i'm really hoping to play these days... fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Camper_X View Post
    Please tell me you're still working on this... it's the only mod i'm really hoping to play these days... fingers crossed!
    Absolutely yes Camper_X. Im holding on the oficial preview because a fantastic modeller joined the ranks and is working on some outstanding units. He wont do all units again, just some favour to differentiate factions with more than Just textures. All changes that have been done will certainly satisfy players who want to actually have a Diadochi War Campaign

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Keep up the great work Magno !
    I hope you are using Bogia's fixes ?
    Do show us pictures as you make more progress .
    cheers

For anyone who is following this mod, it is worked on everyday at the RTW Community discord, please join and be a part of the development!

https://discord.gg/xU6dx2

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Could you perhaps fix the pictures in your first post? I'm curious to see how it looks, but I can't.
    The updated first preview has been released here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daminios View Post
    Keep up the great work Magno !
    I hope you are using Bogia's fixes ?
    Do show us pictures as you make more progress .
    cheers
    Actually, the mod evolved. A Diadochi TW mod without Antigonos rivalry, or without the chance to conquer the east as Seleukos and fight Chandragupta himself wouldn't be a Diadochi mod. So......

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    For anyone who is following this mod, it is worked on everyday at the RTW Community discord, please join and be a part of the development!

https://discord.gg/xU6dx2
    You should try and join the discord community. There you can find daily discussions and check progress being done on this mod and many others. Real time discussions allows everyone a chance of being part of the mod too.
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; March 18, 2020 at 04:59 PM.

I really hope this will be finished and not abandoned. This is one of the best mods ever made for a TW game. I still play it from time to time.

Really nice work so far, so keep up the good work!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

any news for us?

All efforts regarding this posts are merged with a true Diadochi era mod in Wars of the Diadochi. Once the mod units are finished i will have enough material to do a full reskin + the new map of the original DTW. However progress directly for my own DTW 2.0 version are halted.