Thread: Australis: Total War - Map preview & recruiting

Icon7 Australis: Total War - Map preview & recruiting

Hi everyone! I want to show you my first mod ever, it's called Australis: Total War, and no it's not because my name, it means "Southern" in Latin and that's because it covers the southern region of South America (Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Southern Brazil, Paraguay and southern Bolivia).

I haven't made an official history or lore about this mod, but it is located on an alternate reality where these countries already has European people settled on the Medieval Ages and they brought the medieval technology and culture to these lands.

The mod:

The map has 152 regions and 22 factions.
    Every region was made with the intention of having the shape more close to reality, I checked every map of Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and Brazil to draw them perfectly. Some provinces had many subdivisions so I had to simplify some. In the case of another provinces I had to add more subdivisions because they were very big to conquer.

The mod also uses CITIES&CASTLES STRAT MODELS v.1.0 by Agart, Blood Broads & Bastards v4.0 by Dearmad, Pnutmaster and Tokus_Maximus, Better Grass 1.0 by Davide, Trees, Textures, (and) Sea 1.7 by Charge and Musket Smoke Mod 1.3 by HDK & PlasticFigurine.

Factions:

Since I don't know how to make factions from scratch I gave to every province the culturally closest faction in the game to keep the essence. But this is something that can be changed in the future. I'll write about it later in the recruitment for the mod.

Now a list of every faction

- England: Located in the Malvinas/Falklands Islands. Not too much to say about it, just the regular England on the place you would have expected.
    - Rio Negro: Patagonian faction. Has 1/4 of it's territory being occupied by it's rival, it's mission is to recover it.
    - Santa Cruz: Southern Patagonian faction. Based on the Holy Roman Empire. Half of it's territory it's occupied by a Patagonian power. Must recover it.
    - Cordoba: Powerful Central-Argentinian faction. Based on Spain. Owns San Luis province territory. It's the rock in the shoe of mighty Buenos Aires.
    - Liga Federal: Union of Mesopotamic eastern Argentinian provinces. Based on Venice. Eternal rival of Buenos Aires and Uruguay.
    - Banda Oriental: Uruguay. Based on Sicily. Just an independent faction.
    - Santa Fe:
    Buenos Aires dumb cousin and rival. North is occupied by aborigines. Must drive them out.
    - Chubut: Patagonian faction. Based on Scotland because of it's celtic british immigrants. Also has territory occupied by a Patagonian power.
    - Buenos Aires: Most powerful faction. Based on the Bizantine Empire. Must maintain it's power.
    - Andinia: Biggest Patagonian power. Based in Russia. It's a jewish empire in the Argentinian and Chilean Patagonia. Patagonian factions must recover their territory from the hands of the Andinians.
    - Tucuman: Northern faction. Based on the Moors.
    - Riojan Empire: Union of Cuyo region and Northern provinces. Not too much to say about it.
    - Santiago del Estero: Northern faction. Tucuman vassal.
    - Tierra del Fuego: Southern Patagonian faction. Based on Denmark because it's the coldest and southernmost territory in America. Powerful and very interesting to play with. Pagans.
    - Imperio do Brasil: Brazilian Empire. Based on Portugal. Also one of the most poweful. Huge and very populated. Dense jungles. Big rival of Buenos Aires.
    - Mendoza:
    Cuyo region faction. Based on Poland. Weak. Rival of Chile.
    - La Pampa: Central-Argentinian faction. Based on Hungary. It's possition makes it interesting to play with and resist to be destroyed by the whole factions in the game.
    - San Juan: Cuyo region faction. Based on the Papal States. This is from where the Pope comes from. Probably the most relevant role this province could play as on a game.
    - Pueblos Originarios: Native faction of northern Argentina, Bolivia and Paraguay. Based on the Aztecs. Rival of Brazil.
    - Chile: Isolated faction between the sea and the Andes mountains. Based on the Mongols.
    - Mapuches:
    Patagonian native faction. Splitted between Chilean and Argentine Patagonia. Usually strong. Rival of La Pampa, ally of Chile and Andinia. Pagans.
    - Magallanes & Antarctica: Patagonian faction. Based on Saxons because it is one of the coldest and southernmost territories of America too. Rival of Tierra del Fuego and sometimes Andinia.

Screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(La Pampa faction)

(Cordoba faction)

(Northern Argentina)

(River Plate region, one of the most important in the mod)

(Tierra del Fuego region)

(Chubut region)

(Andinia)

(England)

This was all I could make with my knowledge. About the Recruitment I was looking for people who can help me to make models for new units and edit the cities architecture and look (and the battle map as well). If anyone wants to help it's welcome and I can add you to Steam to keep talking about this.

My plan is to change all the units, giving them unique looks, weapons and uniforms. But that's something for another post.

I hope you all like my mod and idea!

Default Re: Australis: Total War - Map preview & recruiting

Looks nice! Will you add more cities into the campaign?

I don't think so, I consider the map finished but I am always open to feedback! Anything you think that should be improved it's welcome

The map is all of South America right? What time period?

This map is just the south of South America. It doesn't has a time period because this is fantasy, the medieval age (with white settlers from Europe) never came to South America.

Other than england, which other factions have the same units as the ones from Europe?

I was thinking about Brazil since it will be something just like Portugal. But the rest will be entirely changed. I was already making drawings of the new units, if I find some modeler my dream mod will be taking a shape.

This looks like a very cool idea for a mod. I will be following it, and am willing to help if you need it.

Thanks a lot, that'd be fantastic! I will make a post later about what I will be needing to receive some help with