Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: - A Developer Diary -

Default - A Developer Diary -

Greetings, fans of INVASIO BARBARORVM!

We've started this thread to - from time to time - showcase a little bit of everything, and discuss the progress of our modifcations.

Feel free to ask any question, make suggestions, or just generally comment on anything related to the mods.

...we're starting off with a question - can anyone guess what building is depicted below?

Default Re: - A Developer Diary -

The dock of Constantinople? What will come first, the revision of SAI or Restitutor Orbis?

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    The dock of Constantinople?
    Nope!

What will come first, the revision of SAI or Restitutor Orbis?
    I suspect that RR will be released first...

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

OK, well, let's see ..

1- Realistic: Roman military harbour.

2- Nostalgic: "Do you remember, old chap, when our ships could still find a safe haven here, in Carthage?"

3- Poetic: "A bloody sunset was slowly enveloping in a deadly embrace the mists of the Litus Saxonicum .."

4- Professorial: "My dear boys, remember that your ancestors have built these fortified harbours along the course of this great river so that you can now sit here studying Latin and Greek in peace and safety!"

5- Occult: Unseen, a dark silhouette slips silently through the shadows of the military shipyard ..

Is that a basilica in the building icon? My guess is the port of Classe, Ravenna.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Whatever it is, I keep my fingers crossed for your work.

I feel like I should know this but don't so I tried asking Google out of curiosity.

Google: "It's a Cityscape"

Me: "...Thanks Google"

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    OK, well, let's see ..

1- Realistic: Roman military harbour.

2- Nostalgic: "Do you remember, old chap, when our ships could still find a safe haven here, in Carthage?"

3- Poetic: "A bloody sunset was slowly enveloping in a deadly embrace the mists of the Litus Saxonicum .."

4- Professorial: "My dear boys, remember that your ancestors have built these fortified harbours along the course of this great river so that you can now sit here studying Latin and Greek in peace and safety!"

5- Occult: Unseen, a dark silhouette slips silently through the shadows of the military shipyard ..
    All good suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Is that a basilica in the building icon? My guess is the port of Classe, Ravenna.
    Correct! Well spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Whatever it is, I keep my fingers crossed for your work.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgrider View Post
    I feel like I should know this but don't so I tried asking Google out of curiosity.

Google: "It's a Cityscape"

Me: "...Thanks Google"

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Correct! Well spotted.
    Well, the icon with the basilica was the key to it. Do I have a reward for guessing? If I had, I ask once again for that beautiful roman UI previewed years ago to be in RR at least as an optional/ extra. BTW, needless to say, I eagerly await for the mod, for over a decade now. Don't forget, if you need some hand with non-graphical stuff, just beep. My spare time might not be too much, but I'd be happy to help to get this thing finally going.

Well, the icon with the basilica was the key to it. Do I have a reward for guessing? If I had, I ask once again for that beautiful roman UI previewed years ago to be in RR at least as an optional/ extra. BTW, needless to say, I eagerly await for the mod, for over a decade now. Don't forget, if you need some hand with non-graphical stuff, just beep. My spare time might not be too much, but I'd be happy to help to get this thing finally going.
    I will do my best to try and find it. Thanks for the offer, but, finger's crossed, we're actually rather close to a release now… If you can believe it...

Well, as a reward you can get a glimpse at the Roman disaster events!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Great, great, great ARTWORKS!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! But I think that the first line of events is actually absolutely politically incorrect here in the dark realms of European Union!

BTW, needless to say, I eagerly await for the mod, for over a decade now.
    This is probably a fitting song for what we had to go through.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Excellent artwork Joar.

Also I was going to guess one of the major military ports (Aquileia, Misenum, etc.) but Classe, Ravenna I guess works (albeit that's not actually what Ravenna's walls or harbor looked like, Ravenna Antica has a full reconstruction of the city here: https://design.tre.digital/progetti/...iMabCmbFXWa8sQ).

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

This is very much digging up my buried interest in the game, this looks great!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Great, great, great ARTWORKS!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! But I think that the first line of events is actually absolutely politically incorrect here it the dark realms of European Union!
    You're probably right...

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    This is probably a fitting song for what we had to go through.

I can't get it to play.

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    This is very much digging up my buried interest in the game, this looks great!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Excellent artwork Joar.

Also I was going to guess one of the major military ports (Aquileia, Misenum, etc.) but Classe, Ravenna I guess works (albeit that's not actually what Ravenna's walls or harbor looked like, Ravenna Antica has a full reconstruction of the city here: https://design.tre.digital/progetti/...iMabCmbFXWa8sQ).
    I was going for a "fortified port" look, and read somewhere that Ravenna's walls were mostly brick.

I guess you know what building I was going for here:

It will not feature as a historical building, but rather as the final level of a certain string of buildings.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Fixed the video Gallienus linked - To have the [youtube] tag work properly, only what comes after the v= in the youtube URL should be included. So in this video, with the URL of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBzuYNK95sM only DBzuYNK95sM should be in the tag
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Thanks!

Joar, that's really excellent work!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast