Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YouTube History Channels

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝

Default Re: YouTube History Channels

I've watched Plague of Gripes, so why not. It depends on the subject I suppose. But if you want Patreon bucks it might not work out.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ii I do ever go about it I doubt I'd do it for anything other than fun, and probably wouldn't touch any subject outside the "new world".

I ain't jokin' when it comes to mah paintings ಠ_ಠ

Because I would want to know more about the new world, I would watch it.

I suggest you make two kinds of videos:
    -informal, for basic introduction
    -a more scholarly and well structured video for specific information

If you do a good job with the latter you could easily cement your reputation.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    A lot of these guys are so lazy though. Barely any detail what so ever, you would get the same reading Wikipedia or one of those 80 page Osprey books.
    You are not wrong.

Honestly one of my favorite channels is the Great war. You get lots of detail in there. It helps that is solely focused on that time period. The first world war.

I like the Great War, I don't really like their WW2 channel. They basically just repeat the same old information, they seem to have missed a lot of the new information though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I like the Great War, I don't really like their WW2 channel. They basically just repeat the same old information, they seem to have missed a lot of the new information though.
    Yes i found their WWII channel lacking in comparison.

According to a guy I know, he says the reason is cause they only used one source that covers the entire war. So... yeah. If you are trying to cover WW2 and don't have a stack of RECENT books in front of you, you are doing it wrong.

I mean the great war channel showcases a lot of detail, it still has an episode dedicated to the Portuguese expeditionary force. Which is often forgotten, when we talk about WWI.

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 11, 2019 at 11:39 AM.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Last edited by Basileos Leandros I; September 15, 2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

It was okay I guess. The thing is that Hitler at least was extremely apprehensive about invading Britain. The whole idea was suicidal. So I doubt the Germans would have ever gone through with it unless the Luftwaffe managed to wipe out the RAF in the summer. By Autumn it was just way too late.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123