Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] MUSIC! The ultimate Audiomachine/Two Steps from Hell/X-Ray Dog soundtrack for v. 2.35 (!!!) that will melt your face off

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Icon4 [Submod] MUSIC! The ultimate Audiomachine/Two Steps from Hell/X-Ray Dog soundtrack for v. 2.35 (!!!) that will melt your face off

UPDATE: I have released a new RTW & M2TW soundtrack submod for EBII v. 2.35a R3.5, which can be found here.

WELCOME! This is an Audiomachine/Two Steps from Hell/X-Ray Dog soundtrack submod for EBII version 2.35. You can find my RTW and M2TW music submods for previous versions of EBII here and here, and the 2.3 version still works with v. 2.35. This new submod, however, is for folks who want something completely different!

The submod replaces all EBII music, for the main menu, loading screens, campaign map, and especially the glorious battle map. For instance, this is the sort of track you can hear on the battle map in my music submod when you are fighting your foes face to face:

Watch out, though, my submod might be so extreme it could melt your face off, neuter your dog, sleep with your wife, and empty your bank account with untraceable credit card purchases of hookers, blow, strippers, midget dancers, and cases of tequila in Tijuana, Mexico.

Installation instructions:

1) Download the RAR file, locate it on your computer (should be in your "downloads" folder)

2) Extract the RAR file directly to your EB II ("ebii") folder within the "mods" folder of your Medieval II game. DO NOT extract it to any other folder than the EB II one.

3) When asked to overwrite any and all files, simply click yes. If it did not ask you to overwrite any files, then you have done something wrong and have chosen the wrong installation path.

4) Boot the game up and enjoy the new tunes!

I would strongly urge you to back up the sound folder of your EBII mod before doing any of this, just in case you make an honest mistake, or a dumb one!

Download link:

Download the submod here from ModDB.

ALTERNATIVELY, if you want, you can also download the submod from Google Drive, although this is not necessary. It's only if for some odd reason you have trouble with the link above or if ModDB decides one day to destroy itself and take everyone's mod materials with it. You certainly don't need both links, just choose one or the other, pal. And don't disobey me, or I'll find you. And you don't want me to do that.

Is it save-game compatible?

YES! Duh! Of course it is. Now quit asking questions and enjoy the submod.

Default Re: [Submod] MUSIC! The ultimate Audiomachine/Two Steps from Hell/X-Ray Dog soundtrack for v. 2.35 (!!!) that will melt your face off

In case anyone's wondering, I did preserve the original EBII victory song as the track that plays for heroic victories, but for clear and average victories this song "Magika" from Two Steps from Hell plays instead:

Default Re: [Submod] MUSIC! The ultimate Audiomachine/Two Steps from Hell/X-Ray Dog soundtrack for v. 2.35 (!!!) that will melt your face off

I just want to say that I'm waiting for 2.4 to come out to play my "perfect" campaign with new punic settlements, new scripts, new units like the Nuragic, Campanians, and a lot of wonderful new changes.
    With those changes, I will include my own modifications, like the increased garrison script, AIGenerals Hitpoints, my future Barcid revenge submod that will have Hannibal appearing during the campaign and a new carthaginian unit, the Exalted African Infantry and buildable temporary forts in the campaign map.
    But the last thing for an even better experience will be your awesome music submod, the jerry on top of the cake

On another note, if anyone's interested, here are the 2 songs that play on the campaign map during the pre-battle scroll and loading screen for every battle that appears on the battle map, both by Audiomachine:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I just want to say that I'm waiting for 2.4 to come out to play my "perfect" campaign with new punic settlements, new scripts, new units like the Nuragic, Campanians, and a lot of wonderful new changes.
    With those changes, I will include my own modifications, like the increased garrison script, AIGenerals Hitpoints, my future Barcid revenge submod that will have Hannibal appearing during the campaign and a new carthaginian unit, the Exalted African Infantry and buildable temporary forts in the campaign map.
    But the last thing for an even better experience will be your awesome music submod, the jerry on top of the cake
    For your sake, well...and for mine too...I hope my music mod works for 2.4 when it comes out, then!

Thanks for the kind words too.

To showcase a bit more music that can be found in the soundtrack, here are some other tracks that play on the battle map during combat/melee:

Also, a small selection of the sort of stuff you can hear on the campaign map while managing your empire:

The support for this mod and game never fails to make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by illiasoudaine View Post
    The support for this mod and game never fails to make me smile.
    Thanks for the kind words! Here's another song that appears on the battle map. It's definitely epic and gets you pumped and excited to fight a battle.

I see 30 downloads for the submod thus far. Feedback, please? Is it working fine for everybody? No hiccups or glitches?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I see 30 downloads for the submod thus far. Feedback, please? Is it working fine for everybody? No hiccups or glitches?
    i have stainless steel mod , to have it work properly do i dump the files inside the mod folder for stainless steel or do i just dump the data file in the main game folder. thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Guard View Post
    i have stainless steel mod , to have it work properly do i dump the files inside the mod folder for stainless steel or do i just dump the data file in the main game folder. thanks .
    Uh, bro, this is a music submod for Europa Barbarorum II, not Stainless Steel!!! I'm not sure if it will even work for you. That's especially the case since the files involved contain the events.dat that is specific to EBII. Ultimately, you should be pointing this submod at the EBII folder within the mods folder when unzipping it.

This song is a masterpiece, and it plays during marching moments on the battle map, gets me in the feels every time:

Roma how can i make my own soundtrack? just convert it to a specific type and put it in a folder or what is it?

would be very nice to know mate

Firstly, you have to add all the names of the tracks you want to the "descr_sounds_music" file in the EBII "data" folder, choosing different tracks for the campaign map and battle map (including songs specifically for idleness, marching, or melee fighting on the battle map, and doing this for every region and culture). That should take you a while but cutting and pasting large blocks of similar text can cut down on the time of doing that. Make sure not to leave any spaces in between the names of the mp3 tracks, so if you have a track called "Cool Beats", you need to write it as "Cool_Beats.mp3" in the descr_sounds_music file AND rename the actual mp3 file as such, preferably with an underscore (i.e. "_") to symbolize a space.

Secondly, you then have to actually add all the mp3 tracks to the data/sounds/music folder by simply cutting and pasting them into that folder.

Thirdly, you must delete four files in the sounds folder: "music.dat", "music.idx", "events.dat", and "events.idx". Don't worry, these will repopulate when you boot the game back up. When you restart the game, you should automatically hear your new music, especially if you have replaced the "frontend" main menu songs.

Lastly, did you like my music mod or not? Come on, don't be rude. Actually comment on my work, please.

I just released a NEW SUBMOD! It contains almost nothing but music from Rome II Total War. If you are a fan of the music for that game, this one is for you. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.moddb.com/games/medieval...#downloadsform

Hi, i like your mod a lot! I have a question, i've been working on my own custom OSTs, actually for the SSHIP, but i didn't think i could share it because of the copyright and such, isn't that a issue?

Also, in any case, sorry for my english, it's not my native language

Yeah, if it's from some big Hollywood movie you might have to chop and mix the songs up a bit into shorter clips of like 20-30 seconds, with a software editor of some kind. That's how you can claim fair use and avoid copyright issues. None of these guys at Audiomachine are going to come after you, though. Also, we are technically allowed to use music from other TW games like RTW because it is implied that people here already own those games.

Ok... that would be a bit tough; i actually ended up piling up more than 400 tracks! (I tried to do one for every faction).

By the way, would you be interested in checking my selection? Maybe you can notice if there's something that may need to be removed (I'm quite a noob). I'm almost done with it and i'd be glad to release in it's respective forum section.

Hey bro! Sorry, I didn't see this post of yours. Are you still interested in releasing your own soundtrack?

Speaking of which, I'm considering adding this one to my own campaign map music:

It's a really good music Roma, consider adding that to your other submods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast