Thread: Restoring the original Piety icon

Default Restoring the original Piety icon

Hello

I recently installed this mod and noticed that instead of using the vanilla Piety icon (a golden ring or a halo) it uses the feather that represents management in the Britannia campaign from the Kingdoms expansion.
    Since I prefer the original halo icon for aesthetic reasons I was wondering if it was possible to somehow restore it for this mod. I attempted to look around in the game files but, I'm not sufficiently experienced with modifying them to figure out what I needed to change and where it's located.

EDIT:

I managed to fix the problem by myself, but I'll leave the solution here just in case someone in the future has the same issue and finds this thread through a search engine.

Go to the /mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/ui folder and you'll see a bunch of different folders named after the various cultures in the game. The UI and its elements that get used when you play as one of those cultures lie in those folders. It turned out only south European and north European factions used the management icon instead of piety. Why the mods' creators felt this was a good idea is beyond my understanding but fortunately it's easy to fix.
    Open up any of the culture folders that aren't southern_european or northern_european, open the 'interface' folder within and open the stratpage_04.tga file. Here you'll find the original piety icon in the upper-left corner of the image. Simply copy and paste it into the stratpage_04.tga file located within the southern_european/interface and northern_european/interface folders.
    Last edited by Ensyvtre; February 20, 2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Fixed it

Default Re: Restoring the original Piety icon

What program did you use to edit the .tga files an maintain transparency?