Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: Rpg Units] RPGu Alpha_02 [upd: feb.27/20]

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod: rpg units] RPGu Beta_03 (for DeI 1.2.4b) [upl. apr.08/19]

RPGu_Beta_03
    is out !

- done packs for 30 factions in total
    - slightly tweaked some effect values
    - URBAN ADMINISTRATOR will now reduce building construction time by 1 in the region where the general is garrisoned
    (if conditions are respected)
    - AUXILIARY ARMY will now give +1 recruitment points and +2 exp level to the province (if conditions are respected)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 08, 2019 at 11:49 AM.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Just to clarify, the +**% to unit upkeep for all armies means every army on the map? Or just the province? I know it usually specifies province only but I just needed clarification.

Patrician

no it means just the context character army.
    you have to check effect scopes into db to understand how an effect works and how it can be changed (not all solutions are possibile for every effect).
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 04, 2019 at 07:01 AM.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Thank you I'll try to figure that out, what table is it under?

Patrician

effect bundle junctions, if you tell me what you want to do I can help you

Patrician

Default Re: [Submod: rpg units] RPGu Beta_04 (for DeI 1.2.4b) [upd. jun.15/19]

RPGu_Beta_04
    is out !

- Rebalanced most of the values and removed the move penalties since they were useless
    - Auxiliary Garrison will now give 1 exp to the general (now, every RPGu unit will give exp)
    - Slightly reworked exp gained by generals, agents, army and units (for example secondary generals will get more exp). Exp will be slightly slower overall
    - Check images and descriptions into OP

Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 16, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Rpg Units] RPGu Beta_04 (DeI 1.2.4b) [upd: 15.jun/19]

Hey Jake, just had a battle with the Roman Garrison general and his entire unit was invisible. Just the general and the standard bearer were visible. The unit was present and had 200/200 soldiers just they were invisible.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Beedo83 View Post
    Hey Jake, just had a battle with the Roman Garrison general and his entire unit was invisible. Just the general and the standard bearer were visible. The unit was present and had 200/200 soldiers just they were invisible.
    Are you using any graphical mods?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Beedo83 View Post
    I't s a known issue for every RPG unit, 'cause I wrongly assigned incorrect links for a variant column.
    I'll fix this into next update.
    Thx for reporting anyway.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I't s a known issue for every RPG unit, 'cause I wrongly assigned incorrect links for a variant column.
    I'll fix this into next update.
    Thx for reporting anyway.
    Good to know

Default Re: [SUBMOD: Rpg Units] RPGu Beta_04 (DeI 1.2.5) [upd: jun.15/19]

For the land administration, the last effect in the list is "20% upkeep cost for all armies". Does that mean all armies in the province or faction wide? Also, isn't this a bit steep?

Patrician

no, just the units inside the land admin army which actually means the BG will cost 20% more since as soon as you have more than 1 unit you'll get a different (penalty) effect
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 10, 2019 at 08:19 AM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

hello Jake, i thought a little about the RPGu thing. Firstly i must say i was kind of sceptical, afraid of the to much micromanaging and all, and i still dont really like the connection with the Generals ( I prefer the politics and the indrigues and the skills and the traits to specify the use of them ) . but what change entirely my mind was your direction to substitude the upsence of building slots with RPGu units. So i may not like the RPGu bodyguards thing but i feel enthusiasm for the prospect of a hall bunch of bureaucratic units. I remember that somewere you post your ideas for such units but i couldnt find the post again.

Patrician

there are 2 reasons why I've done the BG rpgu system
    1) I needed it for testudo and it was easy to do
    2) the BG diversity is techically needed (code) for adding specific units (this means that some rpg units will work with more than 1 BG type, some other will work just with one

this is (most probably) the list of the upcoming BG

00: levy army (slighlty weaker and cheaper, cap at 10)
    01: professional army (slighlty stronger and more expensive)
    02: mercenary army (focused on mercs, good for plunder, cap at 10)
    03: garrison army (to defend settlements without having PO issues, cap at 10)
    04: drilling army (add recruit points and level but you'll recruit with 1 turn more, more exp to units per turn, cap at 7)
    05: mounted army (focused on cavalry, cap at 5)

06: land adiminstrator (more or less what's now cap at 1)
    07: urban administrator (more or less what's now cap at 1)
    08: governor (when garrisoned and with at least 3 regions in a province, cap at 1)
    09: diplomat (useful to give specific diplomacy or loyalty bonuses. One day it will be needed for the transfer region system, cap at 1)

10: deployed navy (mostly as vanilla)
    11: marauding navy (quicker and cheaper, good for plunder, cap at 10)
    12: harbour administrator (similar to the other 2 administrators)

Every RPGu army will have different campaign stances (given via script)
    a) garrisoned
    b) deployed in owned region
    c) deployed in foreign region
    d) not respectiong conditions (like unit cap and something else)

here is an effect UI list

Micromanagement is decided by player. Actually, you can just go with levy/professional. It's up to you to decide how to play with them.
    Although, testudo will probably need some of the others (like the admins ones)

After this will be released, next step is to assign specific rpgu units which, probably, will be 4 types:
    1) fighting units (captains, AOR captains...)
    2) admin units (priests, economical/civic advisors...)
    3) "tools" - I'll have to find an english name (like supply caravans...)
    4) buildings (which will make the army unmovable)

-----

The rpgu is 100% a good thing, 100% doable, it just need love and work to be put in.

-----
    EDIT
    some in-game shots

1) don't check the effects, they are dummy
    2) triarii Ui as old
    3) i'll explain better upon release, it is pretty intuitive though and I'm making friendlier UI as possible

basically, 3 colors will be used
    a) the color of the BG army (i.e. white for professional, green for land, violet for garrison) to determine the campaign stances they are done for - no penalties
    b) grey, to determine campaign stances they are not much good at - slight penalties
    c) red, do not put this stance for this BG 'cause the penalty will be high
    x) inverted color UI will be used for foreign stance and up side down penthagon for garrisoned

notice that the testudo stance system will be merged with rpgu, which means effect will also depend on the army size (how many units tou have in the army)

Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 11, 2019 at 10:45 AM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Congratulations jake, super easy to see what is going on. God how much i like colouring texts when are effects incolvedI must admit, alongside stances the RPGu starting to take a good, polished shape.

Patrician

yeah they are nice, here is a complete list (except navies, I didn't do them yet)

there are 2 reasons why I've done the BG rpgu system
    Micromanagement is decided by player. Actually, you can just go with levy/professional. It's up to you to decide how to play with them.
    Although, testudo will probably need some of the others (like the admins ones)

After this will be released, next step is to assign specific rpgu units which, probably, will be 4 types:
    1) fighting units (captains, AOR captains...)
    2) admin units (priests, economical/civic advisors...)
    3) "tools" - I'll have to find an english name (like supply caravans...)
    4) buildings (which will make the army unmovable)

-----
    The rpgu is 100% a good thing, 100% doable, it just need love and work to be put in.
    Micromanagement is the key ! This immerse the game towards what is Imperator Rome style, an excellent management of (almost) all 'sectors' of life in the ancient times. This is going to put to the test your brain, not only your hand reflexes. Without Testudo I don't play DeI because it has some drawbacks in my opinion (despite being the best mod out there by far). Super job Jake ! You really become a legend here, and I am not a currying person at all. Also, I don't play without OUR old discussed submod of not allowing to raise an army from a different culture region/province without a great penalty. I suppose you know what i'm talking about. Only mercenaries till the culture reach and overpass the 50% percentage. Btw, I suggest to implement it in Testudo as a complement/supplement suboption. Because it was historically CORRECT, it slows down the pace of extensions even further, put you to think really ahead, and it's the best cure for a steamrolling game.
    Cheers Jake.

Patrician

yeah, I remember about that "culture recruitment".
    I'm planning to do it inside the "character VPS", I should be able to do something interesting, not perfect but at least acceptable.

------

note: i'll do another rpgu BG, I'll divide normal armies (the white ones), in 3 tiers:
    - levy army
    - regular army
    - professional army

3 is better than 2
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM.

yeah, I remember about that "culture recruitment".
    I'm planning to do it inside the "character VPS", I should be able to do something interesting, not perfect but at least acceptable.
    Interesting is ..good. But only following the principle (you don't want to be recruited in the aggressor army without penalties)

Hey buddy, I recently installed, RPGU+ PIGS+Compatibility patch for both+ Fides Populi. I recruited 2 generals (one for the urban administ. and the other one for the Land Admin.) but non of them are working, I don't see the effect below the porthole as you show in the OP, neither see the effects taking place. Why is that? Load order is FP>Compatibility Patch>RPGU>PIGS so it should be working tho...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast