Thread: Unit Banners

Icon1 Unit Banners

I have another question regarding banners. I understand with mods the banners might not show, so you must go into the pref file and edit show_banner = 1
    I've done that but alas I can barley see whose who on the battlefield. Sometimes I have to press that ally button to high-lite with colours to see clearly.
    Was it a design decision to get rid of the banners? I know there is some form of the banner left but it's really small.
    Any chance to bring the banners back in the vanilla form?

Default Re: Unit Banners

Actually is there a way I can edit it myself, make them larger?

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

You can make them larger in the data\descr_banner_new.xml file - open it with Notepad and then edit the scale entry:

<General Scale="1.0" MinSizeDistance="114" PastMinDistanceScale="0.0074" DebugSizes="0">

We will add an entry to the CFG file to always force the display of banners, you may have played a mod before that set the banners to not displaying which then becomes the default setting.

Thanks for the reply. I changed the general scale so I can see the banners much more clearly now.
    Cheers

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

In the shortly coming patch the size will be set to 1.5 to be the same as the banner of the officer - which is not governed by this setting.

The show_banner setting in the CFG file to force showing of the banners has been set as well, in case another mod has switched it off for you.