Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BULAT STEEL 2.1.5 LYNVO Edition TW

Default Re: BULAT STEEL 2.1.5 LYNNV Edition TW

increased AI is bad...it seemed to me that is good, but no, old and same halfretrd AI, this mod usin RB_AI like stainless steel, what happened in the meantime why AI is so pathetic...i dont have time for this...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by totalwarrior89 View Post
    increased AI is bad...it seemed to me that is good, but no, old and same halfretrd AI, this mod usin RB_AI like stainless steel, what happened in the meantime why AI is so pathetic...i dont have time for this...
    What's exactly lame: the diplomatic AI (everybody is making peace) or the CAI (there's state of war but the armies don't move and the AI factions don't (try) to take more territories)?

more territories, they wont attack me when i sieging their capital three armies around me, did you ever played ss 6.4, im not trying to bash enyone here or devs just im not satisfied with the AI at all...it is ReallyBadAI from ss6.4 why this AI not performong like in that mod..this is just for campaign map, battles are fine...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by totalwarrior89 View Post
    more territories, they wont attack me when i sieging their capital three armies around me, did you ever played ss 6.4, im not trying to bash enyone here or devs just im not satisfied with the AI at all...it is ReallyBadAI from ss6.4 why this AI not performong like in that mod..this is just for campaign map, battles are fine...
    well, I've played SS the aggressiveness was satisfactory indeed. recently, I've playtested in the SSHIP, and as Egypt I was crushed within 9 turns by KoJ. The AIs shouldn't be so different indeed.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Semisalis

I need aggresive and smart AI

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    Hello. I have to congratulate you for your awesome work on this mod. I would like to use some of your team's work on my modification. So im asking for permission. Of course credits will be given as well. Again, congratulations on the awesome work.
    I am one of the developers of Bulat Steel 215 - Vdovin. I like Greece and Athens, I allow you))

If I may ask how many future patches for this mod will there be? Just curious! I want to start editing a lot of the unit recruitment turns and to increase the unit size. Great mod by the way!

AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    CBUR is alright. The byzantine units featured in BS 2.1.4 were quite good. But their new models are just what made the Byzantines the undisputedly most badass faction around.
    And that does mean quite a bit when there's such hard competition as in BS.
    Komnenean Unit Overhaul was an intipentent effort ussing many CBUR and Rusichi TW textures.
    Other that those in what "hard competition" do you refer? Can we have a pic?
    EDIT: I saw a post that someone asked another member to point out mods that Byzantine skins could be taken. You reaslise ofcourse that PERMISIONS in any case are needed from their original creators.
    SS from patch 6.0 uses CBUR's and LaCa's models. They are NOT SS's models.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; February 23, 2020 at 10:47 AM.
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by KosmosKosmos View Post
    I am one of the developers of Bulat Steel 215 - Vdovin. I like Greece and Athens, I allow you))
    Thank you very much!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Komnenean Unit Overhaul was an intipentent effort ussing many CBUR and Rusichi TW textures. Other that those in what "hard competition" do you refer? Can we have a pic?EDIT: I saw a post that someone asked another member to point out mods that Byzantine skins could be taken. You reaslise ofcourse that PERMISIONS in any case are needed from their original creators.SS from patch 6.0 uses CBUR's and LaCa's models. They are NOT SS's models.
    It is known to me that these are Bardas Phokas' models. In fact, I was the one who suggested to Leeekaaa to take a look at his Komnenian overhaul and possibly port them to Bulat Steel. That being said, I was assuming the unit models were released under the same license as the original CBUR (as BP did not specify it otherwise). To my dismay, I didn't realize CBUR's usage required a special permission - you simply did too good a job on the project so that this many mods used its resources over the time, which led to me to believe they could be used by only giving credits. Have my apologies for this naive behavior.

With "hard competition" I was just referring to the fact that there are many other fun factions in this mod.
    Last edited by Elendil 03; February 25, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE

I do not mind ussing the existing CBUR models in amy mod .Bardas Phokas merged our textures with Rusichi ones to create his version.
    The result belongs to him.
    But about permision. It has been too many years to anyone ask for permision despite the fact there is this thread:
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

andrei2222's Avatar Laetus

Hello! First of all, this looks like an amazing mod and I can't wait to try it. However, I'm not sure what exactly am I doing wrong because the game always crashes at the initial loading screen (so I use the Launcher or Setup exe and then it just won't respond anymore). What I did was:
    1. Unrar the Bulat Steel TW 2.1.5.rar into the /mods folder thus creating the Bulat Steel TW 2.1.5 folder;
    2. Used the 4gb_patch.exe on the 2 executables (kingdoms and medieval2);
    3. Copy-pasted the English Translation v.1.2 of BS 2.1.5 files and overwritten the files;
    4. Copy-pasted the patch 1.00.5 for BS215Beta files and overwritten the files there;
    5. Launched the Setup and chosen my settings/Used the launcher -> This is where it would go into the game, load for 1-2 seconds then it would just stop responding.

Does anyone know what might be the problem? I even tried skipping the patch 1.00.5 for BS215Beta, but still the same happened.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis

You did seed the torrent file inside the archived download, did you?
    Mind you, the launch can take a while with any larger Medieval 2 mod (on my toaster, at least, it does). The best thing to do during that time is not to click anywhere at all.

1. Bulat Steel TW 2.1.4
    2. Then copy and paste Bulat Steel TW 2.1.5
    3. Copy and paste the Hotfix patches 1.00.5 then Hotfix 1.00.7 or copy and paste the english translation 1.1 and 1.2 and then the hotfix patches
    4. Then copy and paste the other patches one after the other
    5. Then the 4gb_patch.exe
    That is what did but before I play the I will wait until the beta phase is over before playing the mod. I don't want to waste me time editing the scripts to make the game better if all I am doing is copying and pasting the patches one after the other.

andrei2222's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    You did seed the torrent file inside the archived download, did you?
    Mind you, the launch can take a while with any larger Medieval 2 mod (on my toaster, at least, it does). The best thing to do during that time is not to click anywhere at all.
    Oh thanks, it really was just that

Default Re: BULAT STEEL 2.1.5 LYNVO Edition TW

Is there anyway to stop Scotland from spamming so many Highlanders? I really don't think they had that many. And when I play France conquers England by the 4th turn. Is there a script I'm missing that deals with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    I need aggresive and smart AI
    They you are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1USg...gclR8HY_V/view
    Last edited by Piterx93; April 06, 2020 at 03:44 PM.

Awesome mod!!

There are a lot of options in the BS_Setup and I want to ask what scripts are recommended for a realistic campaign. I'm one of those who likes a hard and slower campaign

If I modify Bulat Steel 2.1.5 to add more years per turn (4 x YPT) will that cause problems?

Piterx93,

I see that there is already a Piter AI included in the latest Bulat Steel. Is the one you posted above newer? Also, the Piter AI included in the latest Bulat Steel is not listed at the top with the other AI's, and it is not listed in English. Does this mean that I should not select that Piter AI? If the Piter AI that you posted is indeed the latest and best AI, why wasn't it included in the latest Bulat Steel? To implement it, I suppose I simply copy and paste the entire file you sent, but does that mean that I must not use the set-up again after doing so?

Further, I had previously downloaded and saved the AI file you sent above, so I already have it. But I did notice that if I try to download it again today, it says that it no preview is available because the file is in the owner's trash. Does this mean that you deleted the file because it didn't work properly?
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; April 21, 2020 at 06:16 AM.
    Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's tribulation: not because any man's troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive from what ills you are free yourself is pleasant - Lucretius