Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: BULAT STEEL 2.1.5 LYNVO Edition TW

Default Re: BULAT STEEL 2.1.5 LYNVO Edition TW

A few quick disclaimers about this mod. WARNING: This mod is amazing (I'm talking more changes than Stainless Steel amazing) but not easy to install as it has many steps. I did my best to go in order as much as possible. I usually already have the mods I showcase installed but for this one I install it along with you guys. So please if you run into any issues during the installation then please let me know in the comments. Lastly, this mod installation requires a few applications to make the process easier: Winrar, BitTorrent, and kingdoms.exe. Again, this mod is amazing! Please let me know if you run into any issues and I will help you out. Good luck and Enjoy!

Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Superjew911

Icon3 Re: BULAT STEEL 2.1.5 LYNVO Edition TW

Quote Originally Posted by Battlus Lostus View Post
    After disabling the borderless window mode in the config file the mod runs much smoother for me. I have changed the lines autoBorderlessMode, windowed, and borderless_window from true to false. Anyone who has performance issues should give this a try.
    I found an ultimate performance fix, behold:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34

It's for every game that uses DirectX 9 mode. Just put this where its exe is and play anything you like. By default it caps on 30 fps, use Vsync (if your monitor refreshes at 60 Hz) then for buttersmooth experience. If you want to set it to any other value, disable Vsync.

Drawback: it's made in 2011 so newer games than that can have some ugly graphics.

A guy who made it should have won some Nobel prize.

Edit. I almost forgot, thank you zachman1201 for the video!
    Last edited by Just let me post; May 26, 2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: *typo

Wonderful mod! Even the translation are great! Question though... when playing in the early campaign do we get any more units later on? Meaning do we get more units in the late era?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Wonderful mod! Even the translation are great! Question though... when playing in the early campaign do we get any more units later on? Meaning do we get more units in the late era?
    Of course

And big thanks to zachman1201 for video tutorial.
    I`ve been attached to first page.

Default Re: BULAT STEEL 2.1.5 LYNNV Edition TW

i fix campaign Ai (GraculAI/AdvancedAi) buy using it from ss 6.4 + bugfix_compilation 1.27 with some little bit of editing descr_faction_standing (remowing unused factions and adding those who are in the mod with few clicks with notepad++, now campaig AI have a brain

...also turns are faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    I found an ultimate performance fix, behold:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34

It's for every game that uses DirectX 9 mode. Just put this where its exe is and play anything you like. By default it caps on 30 fps, use Vsync (if your monitor refreshes at 60 Hz) then for buttersmooth experience. If you want to set it to any other value, disable Vsync.

Drawback: it's made in 2011 so newer games than that can have some ugly graphics.

A guy who made it should have won some Nobel prize.
    Doesn't Vsync alone have the same function as this file (capping fps)? I have to put the file in the Bulat_Steel folder, right? Or in the folder where kingdoms.exe is located?

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

The Starter now supports this version:

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    UPDATE

Now supports version 2.1.5 at this path: ...\mods\Bulat Steel TW 2.1.5

Thanks Gigantus

Quote Originally Posted by Battlus Lostus View Post
    Doesn't Vsync alone have the same function as this file (capping fps)? I have to put the file in the Bulat_Steel folder, right? Or in the folder where kingdoms.exe is located?
    Correct, both this and Vsync cap fps, but Vsync caps it at your monitor refresh (eg. 60). Which is great IF your pc can normally maintain higher fps all the time. But the moment you go below 60, then vsync goes down to 30 fps, then back up to 60 etc. and it's very tiresome for your eyes.

So with this limiter you can fps at, let's say 45 - and it will be stable constant 45 fps so you will have smooth experience playing.

You put those files where the .exe is and start the game as normal. Same with other games. You can configure it by editing antilag.cfg

However I must warn you and retract some of my earlier enthusiasm, as I tested it in Medieval in all possible configurations and while it works, it causes some awful tearing on my pc when scrolling around the campaign map. Or maybe it's not tearing idk but it's just wonky. Maybe you will have more luck with your machine.

Either way you have a nifty tool that's compatible with any Dx9 game. And Skyrim works amazing with it

Does anyone get a ctd when they click on a unit they want to delete but then get a ctd or is just me?

However I must warn you and retract some of my earlier enthusiasm, as I tested it in Medieval in all possible configurations and while it works, it causes some awful tearing on my pc when scrolling around the campaign map. Or maybe it's not tearing idk but it's just wonky. Maybe you will have more luck with your machine.

Either way you have a nifty tool that's compatible with any Dx9 game. And Skyrim works amazing with it
    I get heavy lag in battles no matter what I do. I tried it with this file, vsync on/off, low graphics, low resolution etc. and its still lagging. All other mods that I have played work just fine, only time I had a similar problem was with Stainless Steel. Maybe its the unit textures which make the mod too heavy. But some time ago I have played Fire and Sword 2 mod which also has very detailed units but it didn't lag that much.

Some bug that I also noticed during battles: All cavalry and infantry units can be selected with their respective shorcuts but selecting all missile units with ctrl+m doesn't work.
    Last edited by Battlus Lostus; June 05, 2020 at 05:05 PM.

Your mod is excellent, the amount of details you put in it is incredible
    Unit rosters of every nation is really rich, but I like the Byzantine army the most
    Do you have any plans on making custom cities like Constantinople, Kiev, Jerusalem or something like that?

For what I want to quarter the developers from Creative Assembly, it’s for the IMPOSSIBILITY to add different music for summer and winter, as well as for one of the worst (if not crap) of all games random tracks in the game. Many songs are simply not played at all, and some are repeated from time to time.
    Well, who called m2tw the best game from CA? They just screwed a bolt on many things when developing. ing Critters.
    Last edited by Leeekaaa; June 06, 2020 at 09:07 AM.

Default Re: BULAT STEEL 2.1.5 LYNNV Edition TW

Been playing Bulat Steel 2.1.5 for some weeks now and i must say that, despite being a great fan of Stainless Steel and TA Divide & Conquer (in my opinion the 2 best mods i've tested, by far), Bulat is an absolute gem and a mandatory treasure for anyone that enjoys playing MTW2.

Everything in this mod has been a great surprise, even when the AI decides to walk all over my Crusader States just when i thought i got the situation controled. Let me list the several reasons why this is growing in me as the best mod ever for MTW2:

- The variety and quality of how the scripts act in the gameplay - you surprised by a huge range of sub-mods available at a click. Many (probably most) of them left me clueless, but you can really understand how different your gaming experience might be, depending on what you choose

- The overall graphical quality and detail - it's endless awe: the unit textures, the generals and characthers portraits, the map, the real Historic events, if you plug that script, the events videos... wonderful work, to every detail

- The friendly AI - It was the first time i didn't see friendly AI controled armies behaving like drug adicts, even when assigning them a defensive stance. Although it's not perfect, this is the mod were i see those armies really behave in a more rational and useful way

- The enemy AI - Foes that break peace at the moment they see you leaving a city less guarded than it should, enemies thinking twice before putting armies in tough spots are just a couple of examples of interesting AI behaviour that makes the game much more fun. And i'm not even talking about the VH level, you get this on H too

- The music - what a masterpiece. And you can pick different music, from european to arabic and even russian. I mean how detailed can it get?

Truly amazed by this mod so far.
    Wanted to say thank you to the team behind it and recommend it to all, you will be everything but disapointed by this masterpiece.

Yes winter music being the same as summer one is a shame :/

And what do you mean that some track don't play at all? Isn't that just a case of randomness?

When Medieval 2 came out I thought it was the best game ever. Now I still think it's the best Total War game, although I haven't played Warhammer nor 3 Kingdoms.

Yes winter music being the same as summer one is a shame :/

And what do you mean that some track don't play at all? Isn't that just a case of randomness?
    the randomness of playing songs is very bad. for example, I now have 75 tracks, but only 10 -15 are repeated.
    Everybody knows it
    Do you know how to improve random of tracks?

No idea sorry.

Tbh I'm kinda surprised and that why I asked. I've been testing my SSHIP music submod a lot lately and it works fine.

But yes, my music_types also have around 75-80 songs each and I have a feeling that some tracks are skipped. It might be confirmation bias though. Again, no idea.

I am loving this mod.

I have a question regarding the garrisons script:

in the setup options it says that troops will not appear several times in the same city.

I have tested long enough but in my test runs, the garrisons have appeared several times in the same city.
    Is there a certain number of turns before the garrison script is fired again in the same city, like maybe after every 5 turns?

Also i Noticed that Beermugs AI is gone from patch 2.

Why° It is a very good and effective campaign AI.

Spasiba1
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

There are two sections in the descr_sounds_music file that have a rather large number of files which should be selected to play on a random principle. There is a (unconfirmed) possibility that the random selection code may have a max number of items it chooses from.
    Code:
            state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER
                event delay 5 
                    folder data/sounds/music            
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_1)_Field_Of_Blood_01.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_1)_Field_Of_Blood_02.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_1)_Field_Of_Blood_03.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_1)_Field_Of_Blood_04.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_2)_Grey_Meadow_01.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_2)_Grey_Meadow_02.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_3)_Lilly_01.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_3)_Lilly_02.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_4)_Peter_The_Piper.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_01.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_02.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_03.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_04.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_05.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_06.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_07.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_08.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_09.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_10.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_11.mp3
                end    

state MUSIC_STRATMAP_WINTER
                event delay 5 
                    folder data/sounds/music            
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_01.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_02.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_03.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_04.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_05.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_06.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_07.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_08.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_09.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_10.mp3
                    (Euro_Strat_Map_5)_Devil's_Harp_11.mp3

end
    You can reduce the number by deleting lines and\or replacing the sound tracks with your own. The default entry above has identical tracks in both sections (all winter tracks are in summer as well) which might give the impression that there is no differentiation between seasons!!
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 06, 2020 at 10:16 PM.