Thread: Empire Total War and new hardware

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Empire Total War and new hardware

Empire Total War is a game from 2009 but still I find it hard to have a good performance with everything maxed even with today's technology. Considering the current available hardware technology, I would like to discuss and understand how can Empire Total War benefit from the current hardware. Which hardware components would make a difference in performance? For example, for graphic cards (GPU), would make a difference in performance a better GPU than Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB DDR5? Considering this game is from 2009, I wonder if a GPU Nvidia FeForce GTX 1070 with 8 GB DDR5 is really needed to boost performance fps in Empire Total War. This is my favourite game because of the time period and I am planning to build a new computer to play it with the best quality and performance possible. That's the reason I am asking for advice, because I don't know if it would be better to invest more money on CPU rather than GPU, would a good gaming CPU boost performance and bring stability to Empire Total War? I am thinking about a combination of good GPU + top CPU, as an example: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 + i7-8700K.

Thank you in advance.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Empire Total War and new hardware

When Empire was released I think games used 1 maybe 2 cores. There’s a way to manipulate the ‘threads’ to make it use all four cores if you have a modern computer, I’ll post more detail about that if you can’t figure it out yourself.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    When Empire was released I think games used 1 maybe 2 cores. There’s a way to manipulate the ‘threads’ to make it use all four cores if you have a modern computer, I’ll post more detail about that if you can’t figure it out yourself.
    After a quick research I found this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...le-AI-behavior

Is this what you are refering to? I will give a try with the current computer I have.

Blog Entries

I think The multithreading they’re talking about is it yes
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

Have a look at this for multithreading info https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...917.html?amp=1