Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: If you’re a White Man the Democratic Party of America doesn’t want you

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default If you’re a White Man the Democratic Party of America doesn’t want you

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ersity-1166386

According to Politico, an all white and male inner circle ‘won’t be tolerated by the base’. Every candidate is putting diversity hire policies into overdrive, prioritising those born with brown skin.

In a departure from past elections, Democratic hopefuls are methodically hiring people of color to oversee their operations. Julian Castro, Cory Booker and Kamala Harris have all brought on black or Latino campaign managers.
    “Anytime they reject the white boy wunderkids who got us into this mess — the better,” added Jess Morales Rocketto, former digital organizing director for Hillary Clinton. “Campaigns woke up from 2016, saw the level of influence voters of color had over 2018 and are taking that seriously with their first big decision as a presidential candidate: by hiring diverse senior level staff.”

Outside groups such as Latino Victory and the National Urban League and NAACP are also keeping tabs on which candidates place staffers of color in high-level jobs, according to multiple Democratic aides.

Some Democrats have questioned whether there are
    enough experienced minority staffers to be hired across what's expected to be a sprawling 2020 Democratic field. But Democratic operatives and lawmakers say any candidate who tries to excuse a lack of diversity as the result of a small talent pool won’t be taken seriously. Candidates, they say, need to be willing to consider people who haven’t worked on presidential campaigns before, too.
    In a race to snatch up top talent, 2020 candidates are asking minority operatives, outside groups and lawmakers in swing states for hiring advice. Rodell Mollineau, a longtime Democratic strategist, said he’s getting “lots of calls” from presidential campaigns looking for people of color. Rep. Steven Horsford (D-Nev.) is in regular talks with 2020 candidates as they form their ground operations in his state, which holds its Democratic primary early. Horsford has advised candidates that to win they must have senior staff and consultants who come from minority groups — including LGBTQ, Native-American and Asian-American communities.

“They have no excuse not to hire Latinos,” said Mayra Macias, vice president of Latino Victory Fund. “We can unequivocally say that the path to the White House is through the Latino vote.”
    “It’s politically unacceptable for a Democratic candidate to not have a diverse staff,” Butterfield said. “Anyone who fails to understand that is not a serious candidate.”
    This cult of diversity is an identity politics joke gone way too far. In the UK, we already see all female shortlists from the Labour Party.

When American Presidential candidates are asking their strategists not for the best, but for the least white employees, have things not gone too far?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: If you’re a White Man the Democratic Party of America doesn’t want you

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post

According to Politico, an all white and male inner circle ‘won’t be tolerated by the base’. Every candidate is putting diversity hire policies into overdrive, prioritising those born with brown skin.
    And yet Beto o' Rourke( a white male ) has the most chances to be nominated by democrats for presidential nominee

This cult of diversity is an identity politics joke gone way too far. In the UK, we already see all female shortlists from the Labour Party.

When American Presidential candidates are asking their strategists not for the best, but for the least white employees, have things not gone too far?
    And yet two female prime ministers in UK come both from the conservative party

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: If you’re a White Man the Democratic Party of America doesn’t want you

The thread title is very stupid. How does more diversity mean 'no whites'?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Not feeling it Aexodus. You should come out and hang in SE Idaho. Not a white male Mormon well it who cares if you are the best you are second in line. Liberal step back, not local step back again and you better not be native stay on the res.. I don't think I have ever lived in a more insular place. So the informal vibe is the Dem candidates should try to make their staff look a bit more like their base. I see no directive. No new party rule. Do you suppose Gerry Adams had a lot notable Protestants in his inner circle of advisors?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Another whiny poor male white thread... YAWN.

Do you suppose Gerry Adams had a lot notable Protestants in his inner circle of advisors?
    Or the Democratic Unionist Party some notable irish catholics?
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; February 13, 2019 at 11:36 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

2/3, really 61% of the US population are white european descendants.
    The US democrats are committing political suicide with the "white americans are the fault" rhetoric. If the white demographics wake up, they'd never vote for the Democrats again.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    The thread title is very stupid. How does more diversity mean 'no whites'?
    The problem here is intersectionality. Putting immutable characteristics first. They are prioritising those who are not white, who are not straight, and who are not male. That’s why I say they ‘don’t want you’. They are putting competence and experience in the back seat.

I mean just look at this quote.

“Anytime they reject the white boy wunderkids who got us into this mess — the better,” added Jess Morales Rocketto, former digital organizing director for Hillary Clinton.
    You have Gillibrand saying ‘the future is female, intersectional...’ like what is wrong with these people

This is wholly antithetical to equality and treating everyone the same regardless of characteristics. Judge people by the content of their character.

And diversity does mean ‘not white’ yes. A 95% all black movie cast is considered ‘diverse’ bizarrely.
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

While I'm sure you can find someone, somewhere, who really does believe all whites are evil, to say that the Democratic party as a whole believes that is as nonsensical as saying all Republicans believe the rich should own all wealth, be exempt from all laws, and pay no taxes whatsoever. It's just intellectual laziness that partisans use to avoid the hard work of actually listening to their opponent's arguments and actually risk agreeing with them. It's far easier to just unilaterally denounce your opponents as monstrous and unreasonable.

Blog Entries

While I'm sure you can find someone, somewhere, who really does believe all whites are evil, to say that the Democratic party as a whole believes that is as nonsensical
    Strawman

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

The Democrats are pandering. It's not a surprise really. How this actually works out will be interesting.

The NFL is also required by policy to interview at least one non-white candidate every time they hire a coach or assistant coach. Once they started interviewing them, the rate of non-white coaches in the NFL skyrocketed. Funny how that works.

The number of resumes on the desk is immense. Requiring yourself to at least look at someone that's not white isn't that amazing a thing to do.

Go on now. Be insulted.
    Last edited by Gaidin; February 13, 2019 at 03:40 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    While I'm sure you can find someone, somewhere, who really does believe all whites are evil, to say that the Democratic party as a whole believes that is as nonsensical as saying all Republicans believe the rich should own all wealth, be exempt from all laws, and pay no taxes whatsoever. It's just intellectual laziness that partisans use to avoid the hard work of actually listening to their opponent's arguments and actually risk agreeing with them. It's far easier to just unilaterally denounce your opponents as monstrous and unreasonable.
    The problem here is that Democrats do not denounce those that speak for them and make obviously racist statements. In general, Democrats consist of virtue-signaling corporate shills and neo-marxists who are stupid enough (well aside from being fiscally illeterate) to think that these virtue-signaling shills actually believe in "progressive" nonsense that they spout.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The NFL is also required by policy to interview at least one non-white candidate every time they hire a coach or assistant coach. Once they started interviewing them, the rate of non-white coaches in the NFL skyrocketed. Funny how that works.

The number of resumes on the desk is immense. Requiring yourself to at least look at someone that's not white isn't that amazing a thing to do.

Go on now. Be insulted.
    Firing of Several Black Coaches Puts N.F.L. Hiring Under Scrutiny

On Monday, the number of African-American coaches fired in 2018 soared to five, leaving only two black coaches in a league where at least 70 percent of the players are African-American.
    Meritocracy is a .
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    Yea its fun to watch all number of coaches get dropped within two years of hiring if they're not performing. And that goes for both NCAA and professional.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Jeez the fragility of some white people. "Including minorities in decision making is literally white genocide!"

The problem here is intersectionality. Putting immutable characteristics first. They are prioritising those who are not white, who are not straight, and who are not male. That’s why I say they ‘don’t want you’. They are putting competence and experience in the back seat.
    The most competent and experienced Democrat today is in fact in control of the party and is a straight white female, Nancy Pelosi. She's absolutely dominated Trump in every showdown they have had so far. Why is it you believe that only white men can be good at things I wonder?

Strawman
    Can you explain what you think a strawman is?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Jeez the fragility of some white people. "Including minorities in decision making is literally white genocide!"
    Thank you for this textbook example of strawman.
    It all comes down to ignoring interests of majority (regardless of background) in favor of interests of rich corporate oligarchy while using "progressive" nonsense as an ideological excuse.

Blog Entries

Why is it you believe that only white men can be good at things I wonder?
    I never said that nor do I believe it. That is what I mean by a strawman argument.

I still want to know if you can explain what a strawman is. Because I look at your title and get oddly confused.

Do you know how big the campaign staff is? But sure. Totally misunderstand what a strawman is by throwing that title up there.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Blog Entries

A strawman is constructing an argument I didn’t make and then attacking it

A strawman is constructing an argument I didn’t make and then attacking it
    I think it is a given that there are white men in the Democratic Party, as elected politicians, as activists and as voters, so the meaning of the thread title is what precisely?

I suggest its a flare to attract racist or mysogynist discourse and not much else.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast