Thread: Game freeze - end turn.

Default Game freeze - end turn.

Hi!

(This is my first post, sorry for my english )

I play ETW with DM. Poland 1722, 92 turn.

When I press clock (end of turn) game freeze. (I can move the cursor) I tried everything... I waited (2 hours), load game, start new campaign, choosing a different nation.....nothing helps.
    Game always comes to a random place and freezing when I press clock. There is no rule when it happens.

PLEASE HELP

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Game freeze - end turn.

Welcome to TWC, tomasz86!

Have you tried to verify game cache in Steam? If you haven't then try that first.

It's also the possibility that you have encounter the Ottoman turn bug and when that happens a turn can take a long time before the game finished everything for every nation in-game.

There is another thing that could freeze the game and that has to do with how many gamesaves you have stored in the C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games folder. Having too many gamesaves in that folder at the same time there is little free diskspace left then ETW can freeze. Remember, ETW do not use compressed saves and the gamesaves for ETW are big, especially when one have played for more than 20 years in-game time.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Thanks but I tried everything and it does not work
    I have always this problem only when I play in DM. For example Imperial destroyer works great. Game without mod works great.

Where is Steam installed, in what folder?

Also, where is ETW installed, in what folder (in the Steam folder or is it outside of Steam in what folder)?

The reason I ask you these questions has to do with mods for ETW and I know one mod that doesn't work properly when it's installed outside of Steam and that's the Empire Total Faction (ETF) mod.

I also know that ETF is compatible with DME, if the setting in the DME launcher is set to DME - Vanilla Ready, otherwise ETF won't even launch no matter what I do.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Problem solved!!!!!
    You will not believe how I solved it...
    I load game (Poland 1722, 92 turn) and broke the alliance with Ottoman...click clock and game did not freeze

I am now in 1726 and everything is working great!

Thanks for help and tips!

I think you have found an unknown bug in DME or perhaps it's a bug (Warscape engine bug?) in ETW itself.

You're welcome.

+rep

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It is a total shame that the Ottomans are so bugged in this game-CA should have fixed this before the game was released.