Thread: Mod for 10 stack armies instead of 20 ??

Default Mod for 10 stack armies instead of 20 ??

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen or made a mod that makes your full stack maximum of 10 units instead of the typical 20 ??

So something like this, let's say for example...

vanilla is 20 units, each unit = 80 men
    modded is 10 units, each unit = 160 men

This would take a lot of micromanagement out of the battles trying to consantly be on top of 20 units, instead you could focus better and actually even enjoy watching the battle being fought instead of quickly clicking all over the place.

Default Re: Mod for 10 stack armies instead of 20 ??

You could just use 10 stack armies & use mods with increased unit sizes...problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by LEXI2016 View Post
    You could just use 10 stack armies & use mods with increased unit sizes...problem solved.

Meanwhile the AI is still coming at me with 20 stacks ?? I don't understand, sorry.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

I've heard of mods that increase the number of units in a stack, though never heard of one that decreases them.

If you, however, follow the method described in this tutorial you will most likely be able to achieve this. It looks fairly simple, so just give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone has seen or made a mod that makes your full stack maximum of 10 units instead of the typical 20 ??

So something like this, let's say for example...

vanilla is 20 units, each unit = 80 men
    modded is 10 units, each unit = 160 men

This would take a lot of micromanagement out of the battles trying to consantly be on top of 20 units, instead you could focus better and actually even enjoy watching the battle being fought instead of quickly clicking all over the place.
    OP says YOUR full stack. You never mentioned anything about AI, so i'm not sure if that is moddable regarding AI tbh.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    I've heard of mods that increase the number of units in a stack, though never heard of one that decreases them.

If you, however, follow the method described in this tutorial you will most likely be able to achieve this. It looks fairly simple, so just give it a try!
    Yeap, it's probably gonna work.

You should give it a try Sagat and let us know.

Strategos, I finally got around to testing it out... and WOW it actually works on Vanilla Rome 2, I just tested 10 turns and watched a few AI armies draw 10 units then they went moving around like normal, I thought they might get stuck or something...

Just had one of the best battles in TW, on Vanilla too, lol.... it was so nice taking your time with the battle going from spot to spot issuing orders at a normal pace, instead of rushing from place to place fast as possible... I was able to sit back numerous times watch certain units slug it out up close..

next test is trying it out in mods

thank you so much for your help, this is going to make my TW experience much better from now on
    Last edited by Sagat; August 20, 2019 at 05:49 PM.