Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Role call

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Role call

What happened lads things have just shuddered to a halt. I’m unable to participate for the next week for I’m on holiday @moderators
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

I told Gandy we could all just be a part of the Blacks, roleplaying as members of Rhaenyra's court and sorting through different battles and events and et cetera. A more focused experience, similar to YATS in some ways. At least during the war.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

An interesting idea. So I am guessing we will roleplay as both Lords, Ladies, and Sworn swords of the Blacks? I am curious to know the extent of those who can participate in this courtly rp.

We have also done specific regions, mostly during the Seven Kingdoms era. There was a northern setting, which I can't remember the Stark King that ruled, but we also did the civil war after the death of Garth Greybeard in the Reach. Another smaller setting proposed before was the Stormland invasion of the Riverlands, Teague vs Durrandon.

As alternatives for larger settings, Aegon III's regency, Aelor's regency, and Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion (Aegon V vs Daemon III) was what I suggested. Otherwise, we will work with what we can and keep the Dance moving.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    An interesting idea. So I am guessing we will roleplay as both Lords, Ladies, and Sworn swords of the Blacks? I am curious to know the extent of those who can participate in this courtly rp.

We have also done specific regions, mostly during the Seven Kingdoms era. There was a northern setting, which I can't remember the Stark King that ruled, but we also did the civil war after the death of Garth Greybeard in the Reach. Another smaller setting proposed before was the Stormland invasion of the Riverlands, Teague vs Durrandon.

As alternatives for larger settings, Aegon III's regency, Aelor's regency, and Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion (Aegon V vs Daemon III) was what I suggested. Otherwise, we will work with what we can and keep the Dance moving.
    I'm not a big fan of Pre-Conquest settings, but that Reach game was fun and ended too suddenly.

I'm just saying I think smaller settings work better because we just don't have enough manpower (nor mods nor players) to do the bigger settings satisfactorily.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Pre-Conquest settings, but that Reach game was fun and ended too suddenly.

I'm just saying I think smaller settings work better because we just don't have enough manpower (nor mods nor players) to do the bigger settings satisfactorily.
    Everyone has their cup of tea, no worries there.

Probably why MKFAH/WOTR was easy to do cause of how small it was. We should definitely look into smaller settings. I feel region wide might do well enough. I do like your idea though.

I think everyone been Black is a good compromise with a setting we already launched and played with. I'm not foreign to extense and engaging rp at court, as you all very well know, and I think it could be handled pretty succesfully, without scrapping the current settings and chars, which I think it'd be a waste. I think that by focusing on one side we're not only gaining depth, but also dramatic possibilities and greater levels of characterization. On the Black side we have conducted small scenes on that regard and I think it would work quite nicely. Just my two cents. I can't write more, I'm on the phone.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Citizen

I have reconsidered my decision and will see this setting continued. Barry is working on some final adjustments to the new classes for dragons which will be posted today. Work will also be done to finish up the new buildings as well. Armies will need to be moved around and separated as there are those that desire a war rather doomstack clashing doomstack.

Citizen

I will be examining a couple rule changes tonight but the goal is to get this setting rolling once more starting tomorrow. We relatively know where everyone is currently so this all works out.

It would be recommended that any armies and leaders of said armies update their threads, or make new threads, regarding how many troops they have, their compositions, the division of said armies and who commands them, and where they are located.

I have already done my update for the Greens side. So i would recommend the Blacks do the same as their army numbers are spread across several threads and not unified under one thread.

Citizen

So, in order to reignite this rp, I am thinking we need a battle between the Greens and the Blacks. I am thinking how it happens is scripted (such as armies move to x point and encounter each other), but the outcome is not scripted. It comes down to rolls. Not looking for a titanic battle, but something to at least get blood drawn and movement started up again. That's the goal for this week, to get a battle set up and an encounter finally done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12