Thread: Possible bug ? Population growth and public order bonuses

Icon2 Possible bug ? Population growth and public order bonuses

Hi all,

Firstable I would like to thank you everyone of you who worked and is working on this projet.

Secondable, I was wondering about a large bonuses I have in Aruvernoi campaign.
    Actually, I have 5% population growth bonus and 60% public order bonus for every city.

Usually, when I get these bonuses, it disappears when I click on next turn. But in this game, I get theses bonuses for 30 turns right now.

Is it normal ? Is it possible to stop it ? Because with theses bonuses, the campaign is really easy. Seems AI have these bonuses too
    You can see on the screenshot I joined on this post

Thanks to all for reading me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190211101045_1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	492.9 KB 
ID:	357330

Default Re: Possible bug ? Population growth and public order bonuses

It's the faction re-emergence script at work - they'll be gone the next turn. Alternatively, save and reload, and they'll be gone.

Hi QuintusSertorius,

Thank you for your answer. You are right when you say the script gone next turn. Usually it happens when I played other campaign.
    I saved and reloaded as you said but nothing changed

The problem is still here : the script don't gone. Indeed, I have this script working for 30/40 turns. I checked and everyone on the campaign (AI) get this script working.

Quote Originally Posted by bebert_45 View Post
    Hi QuintusSertorius,

Thank you for your answer. You are right when you say the script gone next turn. Usually it happens when I played other campaign.
    I saved and reloaded as you said but nothing changed

The problem is still here : the script don't gone. Indeed, I have this script working for 30/40 turns. I checked and everyone on the campaign (AI) get this script working.
    Sounds like something might be broken then, if it hasn't been switched off since.

Is it just in Dunopalator?

As an aside, I've rewritten faction re-emergence for the patch, it's simpler and applies to fewer places.

I'm using v2.35.

No, it's in every city, for every faction. Let's see screenshots I just took.
    The bug is only on the campaign with arvernoi. If I launch or load an other one, no problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190211141747_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	531.5 KB 
ID:	357331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190211141755_1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	493.9 KB 
ID:	357332

No one outside the development build has the rewritten re-emergence script; I was just noting that this has already been changed.

I'm actually seeing this too and kind of out of nowhere. I don't really know how to fix it but one turn all my cities PO shot up above 300% and not only not gone away but seems to be happening to every other city as well not just my own

Campidoctor

When I've seen something like this in my campaign, there had been a building or two with a placeholder image and weird name that were providing those bonuses. Destroying those buildings set things back to normal. Definitely wasn't all my cities though, so might be something else happening here entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    When I've seen something like this in my campaign, there had been a building or two with a placeholder image and weird name that were providing those bonuses. Destroying those buildings set things back to normal. Definitely wasn't all my cities though, so might be something else happening here entirely.
    It's not just mine. It seems to be universal. I tried to get Kutusi to rebel to avoid open conflict with the Hayasdan as Pontus and the PO there is 280% and they just conquered it the previous turn

Quote Originally Posted by Haze88 View Post
    I'm actually seeing this too and kind of out of nowhere. I don't really know how to fix it but one turn all my cities PO shot up above 300% and not only not gone away but seems to be happening to every other city as well not just my own
    Well that, sir, was when weed was discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    That was the old faction re-emergence mechanic in 2.3, there is no construction/destruction of buildings any more. There's a capability in the province building that performs all those functions.

They should reset themselves after a turn or two, once a faction has re-emerged.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    That was the old faction re-emergence mechanic in 2.3, there is no construction/destruction of buildings any more. There's a capability in the province building that performs all those functions.

They should reset themselves after a turn or two, once a faction has re-emerged.
    Anything I can check in case it doesn't? I have had KB and Pergamon re-emerge pretty close to each other as well as the Nabati hording and I wonder if all this happening so close to each other is causing the delay in the script going away

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

Having done this it still hasn't reset and as a side effect I missed, since all my cities also now have a 5-6% pop growth bonus they are all upgrading a lot faster than they should