Thread: [SOLVED] How can I increase siege length turn?

Default [SOLVED] How can I increase siege length turn?

Hello gents & ladies,

I've already post this, but I think it was in the wrong forum, so I beg your pardon for my mistake! Here is my problem, as the title clearly suggest : I'm looking for all the tables and sheets I need to mod to considerably increase siege length time. I want to increase this and also edit the attrition malus.

Thank you for your guidance!

Default Re: How can I increase siege length turn?

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyFogFiggy View Post
    Hello gents & ladies,

I've already post this, but I think it was in the wrong forum, so I beg your pardon for my mistake! Here is my problem, as the title clearly suggest : I'm looking for all the tables and sheets I need to mod to considerably increase siege length time. I want to increase this and also edit the attrition malus.

Thank you for your guidance!
    You mean in battle or on the campaign map?

Hello Izzi,

It's for the campaign map only and I also mention attrition. I wish it was a little less easy to cheat by just waiting 3 to 5 turn for the enemy to surrender or sally out. I play a 12-turn-per-year campaign, so a castle should at least take 14 to 18 month to take if we are to wait until they have no more morale and provision instead of assaulting their wall.

Thanks again!

I am still looking for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyFogFiggy View Post
    I am still looking for an answer.
    I have not really look at those files. Maybe try in the db at campaign_variables or _kv_rules.

No luck. I checked and didn't find any entry that could affect the campaign siege time length... Can I create an effect in effect_bonus_value_basic_junction_tables with the general's ability to increase/decrease siege hold out time? I'm not sure how to do this though.

Well I did it. The steps are quite simple.

1. You go in your_mod.pack
    2. Go to db > building_effects_junction_tables > building_effects_junction
    3. Find the SHO_Castle lines and for all of them clone a row.
    4. Change the value in the effect column for siege_defend_time_mod. Beware the value you'll set : it is stackable with the vanilla siege length time.

VANILLA siege length time :
    Fort > 3 turns
    Stronghold > 4 turns
    Fortress > 5 turns
    Castle > 6 turns
    Citadel > 7 turns

So if you wish your fort to hold out for 10 turns, the value you must set next to siege_defend_time_mod is 7 (7+3=10).

There you go. Cheers!
    Last edited by R.P. Gryphus; February 11, 2019 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Solution found