Thread: Help...Dad trying to upload Third Age mod for son

Default Help...Dad trying to upload Third Age mod for son

I am new to this...
    I down loaded Third Age mod (middle earth) for son. I Got latest mod 3.0 and patch 3.2
    I imeadeltly got error...saying could not find kingdoms.exe...I think I fixed this by moving files to different folder...but now I get error saying our windows software is to old... but we have the latest windows operating system?
    any suggestion?

thanks...and my son will thank you!

regards
    michael

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Help...Dad trying to upload Third Age mod for son

You have the Kingdoms expansion for M2TW installed?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Presuming you have it (a must), I can point at Gigantus guide concerning the .exe-matter here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-other-Info

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    You have the Kingdoms expansion for M2TW installed?
    So long as you bought Medieval 2 on Steam, it should come with the Kingdoms expansion by default right? Since CA recently changed it to Total War Medieval 2 Definitive Edition.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    So long as you bought Medieval 2 on Steam, it should come with the Kingdoms expansion by default right? Since CA recently changed it to Total War Medieval 2 Definitive Edition.
    Indeed. It's a simple matter of copypasting medieval2.exe and renaming it to kingdoms
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

What if someone had already copied & changed the name of the .exe file?

Blog Entries

Then you shouldn't get the "kingdoms.exe cannot be found" error. It must be something wrong with how the mod is installed, perhaps the files haven't been put in the right place
    and Peaman

IPBlanton, I hope you got your issue sorted, sorry to hijack your thread but its a matter of convenience & you may learn sumfin' if you haven't gotten it fixed by now.

God Kveld Kung Athelstan!

So I uninstalled and I'm currently downloading MedII again (lucky I'm working from home today). I remember having problems running a mod years ago with SS 6.2 I think it was but there wasn't the resources & videos to troubleshoot mods that there are today.

Once MedII is done downloading I don't need to download all the mods again do I? It's a blank slate as long as I downloaded and installed the mods ( Third Age 3.0 part One and Part Two, Third Age 3.2 patch) & sub mods ( Divide & conquer 2.1 Part One & Part Two, DaCV2.2) correctly, right? Mainly run as administrator and install them in the correct folders, right?

Blog Entries

That should be about it yes. You shouldn't need to redownload the mods, only install them into the correct folders. I do recommend you follow the provided instructions etc too of course. Good luck!
    and Peaman