Thread: How change the settlement name

Default How change the settlement name

Every time a change the name, for example, I tried to change the name "Dardanion" in "Antogonous" but every end turn and new turn the name return at the original name.
    Everybody know something to do? Or its impossible?

Default Re: How change the settlement name

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    Every time a change the name, for example, I tried to change the name "Dardanion" in "Antogonous" but every end turn and new turn the name return at the original name.
    Everybody know something to do? Or its impossible?
    The campaign_script file (in the "imperial campaign" subfolder) has a script that changes several settlements depending on the ownership.
    For example, if SPQR holds Taras the name is changed to Tarentum. Or Qart-Hadasht turns into Carthago.
    So you could expand that script to your liking.

Important: open the file with Notepad++ (that's crucial to prevent file corruption/game crashes).

Changes to the campaign script file need a new game to take effect. (And to be sure, delete the map.rwm, too.)

You can't change the names of settlements which already have scripted name-changes. Dardanion is one of them.

Wow. I had no idea that one could change the name of a settlement in the first place. It never occurred to me even to click on the name to see if it does something. I am not sure if there will ever be a need to do so, but it is nice to know that it is possible. Thanks for bringing that up.

I must confess that I have really admired the fact that the name changes when a region has become a part of another culture. It is one of the many things that enhances the feeling of immersion in the mod.

Thanks