Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My humble screens.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Default Re: My humble screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    I think you have captured the atmosphere very well, I love the vibrancy and the colors. I suppose the gloss here works better than in battle photos. If you don't mind me saying so, I believe that there is a marked improvement in these pictures compared to your first DS submission to the GPOTW. In particular I think the last 4 pictures and the one with the flying alien are very strong candidates for solid GPOTW wins. Reshade certainly does know how to make good pics look great!
    Thanks for the review, Swaeft. Personally, I like the second screen most of all, I presented it in the last GPOTW, it seems to me that it better conveys the loneliness and "loss" of Isaac in a hopeless and gloomy world.
    I tried to make the atmosphere as realistic as possible and at the same time cinematic. Don't know how well I did, but I've fiddled with the settings to balance everything.
    Yes, you're right, compared to the previous screens from the DS series, these are better because I started working with the new ReShade settings. This is a very powerful tool for improving the graphic image, but they need to be skillfully used and I'm still learning and grinding my "skill".
    And of course you, like the others who want to leave your comment here, can write your remarks and thoughts absolutely do not hesitate, I adequately treat criticism and perceive it in a positive way. In my thread absolute democracy (and slightly strange sense of humor)
    PS I saw new entries in your blog, I not yet read it, but be sure I write to you as soon as read. You know how I feel about your blog. Cheers!
    Last edited by Alexander78; April 21, 2019 at 09:35 AM.

Again Rome. Several screens from the last battle. I haven't been able to pay much attention to my Roman company lately (but that doesn't mean I'm leaving it). On top of that, I started a campaign in Napoleon TW. I hope to introduce screens from my NTW company in the near future. Nothing to brag about yet...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm starting to see the similarities in your work and the angles you prefer...always with the ballistaes and the shields But no complaints, they are good. I love the last one the most! If I had to make some criticism it would seem again that the soldiers looked too polished to be in the middle of rugged combat, but that's just the way I prefer it so its up to you. Great job, and I'm looking forward to see you struggle with NTW screenshots

I just realized you say you started a campaign in NTW. Most of my screenshots come from custom battles, I think taking them from the campaign is more impressive. What faction do you play in NTW?
    Last edited by Swaeft; May 07, 2019 at 02:52 AM.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Ballistas and shields are my fetish.) I'm kidding. It just features of my combat build. Since I prefer a defensive position, the angles are often like this. Ballistas in the rear with archers, a cohorts of legionaries and spearmen in the center and on the flanks. A couple more cohorts in reserve. Polished look exactly the legionnaires from the reserve cohorts. They just haven't been in combat yet, so they don't look dented.) Or did you mean a graphic representation? I keep trying to find a middle ground between sharpness and blurring. Therefore, all variants of graphic solutions presented here are not final. They can change.
    In NTW I play for the Russian Empire. Not the best fleet, but in my opinion, some of the best artillery and infantry.
    I'm looking forward to see you struggle with NTW screenshots
    It's harder.) I will present a few samples, they are still raw. It is very difficult for me to find the right solution. I still don't like what I have so far.
    Ok, here are some pictures. I did not cut anything (I mean the interface), just publish as it is. I'll show the vanilla version, the version with ReShade settings, and the version with alternate mode. They will go in order one after another.

vanilla

ReShade settings

alternate mode

vanilla

ReShade settings

alternate mode

vanilla

ReShade settings

alternate mode

vanilla

ReShade settings

alternate mode

It's just "drafts" with different settings.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yes, I was referring to the graphic representation, not the troops themselves.

Right you are about the Russians! (And their damn melee prowess...) Haven't had the chance to lock horns with them yet in campaign, but they are tough opponents in custom battles already.

Well, it doesn't seem like you're struggling at all! I must say the photos under the 'drafts' with different settings look great, particularly the first and second ones, love the lighting and the colors. Alas, the compass, paused sign and UI are there, a pain I share with you. Nevertheless, let us attempt to bring naval combat back to the forefront of the POTWs Submit for the latest POTW which is now up, I'm anxious to see which one you will pick

Edit: After sorting through my screenshots I realize I have no naval battle worthy of a POTW and thus am sorry to say that I will not be submitting a naval screenshot for this POTW. I promise to get one ready next week!
    Last edited by Swaeft; May 08, 2019 at 10:49 PM.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Nevertheless, let us attempt to bring naval combat back to the forefront of the POTWs Submit for the latest POTW which is now up, I'm anxious to see which one you will pick
    Agree to bring naval battles to the forefront of POTW. I like sea battles in Napoleon more, in my opinion they look more spectacular than battles on land.
    I chose a different picture for POTW, not from the "draft". I hope this pic will doesn't look worse.)
    I promise to get one ready next week!
    I look forward to it.)
    Last edited by Alexander78; May 09, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

Sadly, I have to admit I left Napoleon. I tried two mods, in the first did not work saves, the second crashed when I moved very far in my company, I had to delete the game because it stopped running. To start it again is just laziness.
    Swaeft, I concede my defeat and I'm sorry that I won't be able to keep you company in placing screens from sea battles. Although I still have the screens that I placed above. But I do not know it will be correct to use them in the competition...
    But enough about sad, I have my favorite good Rome. Tremble unconquered peoples, I'm coming!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I am sorry to hear that, I know it is a frustrating experience, it is for me too. Please feel free to use the screenshots you already have, they are of good quality. I will try my best but I think NTW is a really tough nut to crack. Props for trying!

Hi everyone. Lately I've been cheating on my beloved Rome a lot. First I hit nostalgia for the old days and I began to pass a Dead Space, then decided to remember NTW, but this was not lucky. Now I turned my eyes to Attila. I came across one interesting mod - Terminus Total War Imperium. Maybe many people know this mod, but I saw it for the first time. Naturally I installed it and started the company. But first I tried it in the custom battle. I liked it and I will pass the company for one of the Hellenic factions, which the developers of mod kindly included in the main company. I have a some of screens from a custom battle (some of them I have trimmed, so such different formats). In the future there will be more, unless something unexpected happens. I've become superstitious lately.)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Great work man! The quality is improving as ever, and I daresay I see a bit of the POTY influence in a few pics... If you feel like it for the upcoming POTW we can both submit a naval battle pic so we can finally have our...'naval battle' Up to you of course.

What do you mean by you've become superstitious? Sounds intriguing.

Thanks Swaeft.
    I daresay I see a bit of the POTY influence in a few pics.
    You mean the flame screens, don't you? I will not hide that some of the pictures from POTY impressed me, but I always liked how the flame is made in Attila. I don't remember, but I think I already published one screen from Attila in one of the competitions, where the horseman was imprinted on the background of fire... I love these angles.)
    we can finally have our...'naval battle'
    Oh mate, I'd be a joy, but at the moment I don't have a sea battle planned in my company in Attila. At the moment I fight mostly on land, not even fight, but keep the defense from the damned Imperial revanchists of all stripes. Though I could try a custom sea battle... Let's see, I'm not promising anything yet, but our "naval battle" will take place necessarily.)
    What do you mean by you've become superstitious? Sounds intriguing.
    Hah, there is no intrigue here, just recently all my mods, which I use in games, behave as if they declared war on me.) As soon as I advance in my company enough to start a full-fledged fighting, so immediately there is a critical failure, after which I need to reinstall the game and start all over again because saves also stop working(!). So it was with Rome and Napoleon, as a result, I start the company in Attila with a new mod, becoming slightly superstitious.) Maybe it's worth to sprinkle my comp with Holy water? Hmm, I should try
    Last edited by Alexander78; May 26, 2019 at 06:26 AM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yes, I love the flame screens, glad to see you like em too. No pressure for the naval battle, you don't have to do a custom battle just for it in Atilla, I was thinking you could perhaps use a NTW screenshot you have already taken, but it is fine if you decide not to do so. And about the games crashing, recently I suffered from PC problems too so I know how it feels. I can't offer you much advice, though I can say don't sprinkle water over your PC, however holy it is

I can't offer you much advice, though I can say don't sprinkle water over your PC, however holy it is
    Ok, you've convinced me, I won't do it.
    I was thinking you could perhaps use a NTW screenshot you have already taken
    Hmm, I didn't think of that... I completely forgot about those screens.
    So, are you ready for a naval battle in this POTW?

A couple of screens from Attila.
    "Imperials, burn in hell!" . (caution-flammable)

Guard of the Cretan Kingdom (my faction).

Last edited by Alexander78; May 28, 2019 at 02:27 PM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I didn't convince you of anything...except doing a naval battle! Finally! May the better ship win...

May the better ship win...
    So be it. In turn, I want to assure you, sir, that in the event of your defeat, in accordance with the glorious Maritime traditions you can count on all the honors provided for in this case, with the preservation of your rank and awards.
    Salute, captain Swaeft! And... good luck!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    So be it. In turn, I want to assure you, sir, that in the event of your defeat, in accordance with the glorious Maritime traditions you can count on all the honors provided for in this case, with the preservation of your rank and awards.
    Salute, captain Swaeft! And... good luck!
    Very well...I look forward to accepting your surrender and your sword, capitan!

Very well...I look forward to accepting your surrender and your sword, capitan!
    Never. I'd rather die with my ship (like you I suppose). Btw, a hammer to the head it's damn not aesthetic, I prefer swords.)
    Last edited by Alexander78; June 02, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

Space, aliens and one fearless astronaut. In general, as they say the classics of the genre.) Game "Everspace".

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I must say I haven't heard of that game before but I just went to watch a vid of it and it looks pretty cool! I might even have considered buying it if I had the time and didn't already own DarkStar One. And now I must fear for my chances in GPOTW...

I haven't played it before either, just liked the screens placed for this game and I decided to try. Of the advantages, I would note a pretty good graphics and intuitive interface. Of the minuses - a rather linear and miserable plot and a very limited opportunity for pumping your spaceship. Although I play very little, I have not yet passed the first sector. But in order to relax and drive through space, turning enemy shuttles into space dust, I believe this game is not bad.

Oh, don't be afraid for your chances, I think that Mass Effect Andromeda, or DarkStar One will make a very worthy competition to my humble space shooter.)

Hmmm, wait... space battle? No, that's too much... or... What do you think about that? NTW "naval battle" can be the beginning of a glorious tradition

EDIT: I have to take back my words about the game plot and about the pumping of the spacecraft. The plot is simple, but for the shooter, it is not so important, and the spaceship can be a good upgrade, I did not notice some opportunities for this, which you can open for credits obtained in battle. I just have a little play in it and so jumped to conclusions.)
    Last edited by Alexander78; June 09, 2019 at 04:55 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast