Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My humble screens.

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: My humble screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Guys, thank you for the lovely words, but I don't think I deserve them...
    I have an old monitor, I think I bought it back in 2007. He never let me down, so there was no reason to replace him (by the way, the entry into a sect of followers of a square monitor is open, if that. Contributions are acceptable).
    Swaeft, I probably will do as you suggest, and I will bring everything here is in order. It seems to me that this thread is a bit chaotic (I mean my placements). Thank you again for evaluating my screens, it is very important to me.
    With best wishes and respect to all.
    Wow, that's one solid monitor! 12 years and counting. Oh don't worry about organizing it if you don't want to. It's more of a bonus for people like me who regularly trawl through other people's photos

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Oh don't worry about organizing it if you don't want to. It's more of a bonus for people like me who regularly trawl through other people's photos
    Well, it wasn't hard for me. I can't boast of great organizing skills, all I did was just move my screens to the first post and finish this. After that, my thread-organization skills said to me "buddy, relax, you did the best you could."

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: My humble screens.[update 12.02.19]

Yeah, looks good to me!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Default Re: My humble screens.[update 24.02.19]

Added more screens.
    I experiment all the time, I want to achieve something new, I like when the screen is as if painted with paints or the effect of a old color photocamera, sometimes I want the image to look sharp and uncompromising. I'm not sure I'm good at it, but I will continue to experiment as long as I have interest and the desire to spend my time on it.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

They're good, and what's even better is your willingness to continue experimenting. I love the pike formations, they're really imposing.

Thank you for your kind words Swaeft. I really like to experiment with graphics, although I'm not a master of graphic effects but rather an ordinary amateur, I think it can be seen on my screens. But the support (your in particular) and great creations of other members of the "The Artists' Studio" section make me continue.

Testing a new ReShade Configurator with Сinematic DOF and FilmicPass effect. The last one I like the most, but I think I twisted it.)
    I'm just getting acquainted with this update, before that I used the old version for a long time, so some effects and settings for me have not yet been studied. There is something to strive for.)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

I would say the new set up is definitely a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Skotos of Sinope View Post
    I would say the new set up is definitely a success.
    Thanks for stopping by, Skotos. I didn't update ReShade for a long time, although some friends advised me to do it. And so I decided and I really liked what I saw, although for my full satisfaction is still far. There are two pictures for example with old and new settings. By the way, the screen with the old settings is participating in the last POTW.)
    Old

New

The first screen with a closer view, but in general the difference is noticeable.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Some interesting captures. It will be interesting to see your entries in the graphic competitions. I think you will win some more for sure.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Thank you for appreciating my humble work, Van Zandt. I am grateful that you came and left your comment here.
    As for winning, I don't even know.. Some people get in my way with their screens all the time... Oh, yeah, it's the other participants. But Life is a struggle, so I`ll be fight.)
    Come more often, there will be new screens.
    With respect.
    About other participants, this was of course joke) I love you guys.
    Last edited by Alexander78; April 09, 2019 at 02:46 PM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Great joke there

Great joke there
    Oh, that's one of the ones I was joking about. Hello Swaeft. You know that I have a strange sense of humor, but you are one of those who understand me. Although you forgot to mention that here are not only great jokes but also new great screens.
    (I hope you understood it also was a j..)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Haha yep, they are brilliant, which is the norm for your work. Great job! I can't decide which one I like better though, I like the Romans being more 'red' in the pic below, but I like the atmosphere in the pic above.

Haha yep, they are brilliant, which is the norm for your work. Great job!
    Thanks, thanks, thanks.

I can't decide which one I like better though, I like the Romans being more 'red' in the pic below, but I like the atmosphere in the pic above.
    Hmm... This is probably due to the change of DOF effect. On the first screen it is more pronounced, and on the second screen it is more cinematic. I need to work on that, although to my taste, the new DOF effect is better, though not as strong.
    Thank you for your opinion, comrade, I will continue to improve.)

Well... I keep setting up a new ReShade. Here are a few screens with some changes. I don't know if I was able to improve the image, to be honest I'm at some creative impasse. I should probably take a break and leave it for a better time...
    Anyway, here are screens.

As a bonus. It's me after a hard week's work.)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

First and second pic are my favourites this time If I may offer a bit of criticism, the last picture looks a bit too polished for a combat scene. Too much glint off the armour and too little blood.

Nice bonus pic btw, I was fully expecting it to be a photo of you

First and second pic are my favourites this time If I may offer a bit of criticism, the last picture looks a bit too polished for a combat scene. Too much glint off the armour and too little blood.
    You mean they're a little glamorous? Like the glossy magazines for girls?)) I added a bloom effect, it gives the image some reflection. In general, I need urgently add brutality, blood and meat. No gloss. Point taken.
    Nice bonus pic btw, I was fully expecting it to be a photo of you
    Haha, really? This could be my image if I really went off the rails.) Although I admit that at the end of the week, I really want to take up the sword and make a little brawl with some of my colleagues.

Several screenshots from Dead Space. I love this series and am currently going through one of the parts again. One of the indicators that the game was a success is that even though I passed several times all the parts, but I still flinch and twitch like the first time.)
    Maybe I'll make more screens from the DS series... In the game I used my ReShade settings.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I think you have captured the atmosphere very well, I love the vibrancy and the colors. I suppose the gloss here works better than in battle photos. If you don't mind me saying so, I believe that there is a marked improvement in these pictures compared to your first DS submission to the GPOTW. In particular I think the last 4 pictures and the one with the flying alien are very strong candidates for solid GPOTW wins. Reshade certainly does know how to make good pics look great!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast