View Poll Results: Which party would you vote for?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Likud (Conservative)

3 12.00%
  • Jewish Home (Right-Wing)

0 0%
  • Yesh Atid (Centrism)

0 0%
  • Labour (Center-Left)

1 4.00%
  • New Right (right-wing)

1 4.00%
  • Joint Union (Israeli Arab)

3 12.00%
  • Kulanu (Center)

0 0%
  • Shas (Sephardic-Mizrahi Orthodoxy)

1 4.00%
  • United Torah Judaism (Ashkenazi Orthodoxy)

0 0%
  • Yachad (Ultra-Orthodoxy)

0 0%
  • Hatnuah (Liberalism)

0 0%
  • Ta'al (Arab Nationalism)

3 12.00%
  • Israel Resilience Party (Center-Right)

0 0%
  • Metetz (Green-Left)

8 32.00%
  • Yisrael Beiteinu (Zionism)

0 0%
  • Gesher (Right-Wing)

1 4.00%
  • Zehut (Libertarianism)

3 12.00%
  • Other (Please, specify)

1 4.00%
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel elections April 2019, September 2019, March 2020, March 2021.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Israel elections April 2019

By the way is it true that the western wall is in fact part of the Roman Antonia fortress and has nothing to do with the second temple?

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    By the way is it true that the western wall is in fact part of the Roman Antonia fortress and has nothing to do with the second temple?
    Both of those were built by Herod (or, in the case of itself, renovated), but I don't think so, the fortress was relatively small.
    I am talking about the "unofficial" media. You know, the dude with the 1 million subscribers on youtube who bashes feminism, attacks leftsists, minorities, gays etc
    I'm not sure who you're talking about?
    Either way, youtube wasn't around since "the beginning of Israel", so doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    I'm not, and you know that. The Rabbinate should have no control over religious sites of other religions.
    Oh, I figured you knew that it was a religious site of another religion before some people came along and took control of it. I mean, you could have been taking a principled stand that one religion shouldn't have exclusive control over it just because people of their same religion took it by force, because if that were legitimate, then it would be reasonable for the next group to take control of it by force to do likewise. But you're right, I assumed you hadn't actually reasoned out the hypocrisy involved.

Nah, it's a retaining wall from Herod's expansion of the temple mount complex.

There is actually a pile of debris that may contain pieces of the Temple proper because it is clear archaeologically that it consists of massive stones tossed over the side by the Romans, but amusingly, a lot of it was smashed apart and tossed out like garbage in order to construct an egalitarian prayer space under pressure from diaspora Jews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I am talking about the "unofficial" media. You know, the dude with the 1 million subscribers on youtube who bashes feminism, attacks leftsists, minorities, gays etc
    Who exactly is that?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I heard that a sizable percentage of Arabs and [Golan] Druze vote for ultra-Orthodox parties, apparently for their social or economic policies or something like that. I looked it up and, if I'm reading these results right, right-wing, including ultra-Orthodox, parties won 35-45% of the vote in Golan Druze towns like Buq'ata and Majdal Shams. Looks to be pretty low turnout, though.

https://votes21.bechirot.gov.il/cityresults?cityID=4201
    https://votes21.bechirot.gov.il/cityresults?cityID=4001

In 2015 Shas won 5.9% of the vote in Buq'ata, higher than the 5.73% they got nationally.

https://www.madlan.co.il/elections/2015

It's just a few hundred people in total, though.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    I heard that a sizable percentage of Arabs and [Golan] Druze vote for ultra-Orthodox parties, apparently for their social or economic policies or something like that. I looked it up and, if I'm reading these results right, right-wing, including ultra-Orthodox, parties won 35-45% of the vote in Golan Druze towns like Buq'ata and Majdal Shams. Looks to be pretty low turnout, though.

https://votes21.bechirot.gov.il/cityresults?cityID=4201
    https://votes21.bechirot.gov.il/cityresults?cityID=4001

In 2015 Shas won 5.9% of the vote in Buq'ata, higher than the 5.73% they got nationally.

https://www.madlan.co.il/elections/2015

It's just a few hundred people in total, though.
    Golan Druze also vote disproportionately for Kulanu, not surprising considering the second place guy on their list is Druze.

That map is cool, I can zoom in to my specific neighborhood. Looks like the big coastal cities completely carried the Democrats... uh... I mean the Blue & White. Only in this case, there are only two major coastal cities. Although to me, even Tel Aviv doesn't seem big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Praeses

Bibi the magician, eh? Maybe Blue and White tanked because they don't want to be the party that implements Kushner's Miracle, or maybe they are just incompetent. Sad to hear Netanyahu is now promising to annex settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post

Nah, it's a retaining wall from Herod's expansion of the temple mount complex.

There is actually a pile of debris that may contain pieces of the Temple proper because it is clear archaeologically that it consists of massive stones tossed over the side by the Romans, but amusingly, a lot of it was smashed apart and tossed out like garbage in order to construct an egalitarian prayer space under pressure from diaspora Jews.
    Is there a theory the wall was Mameluke? Some cities are literally made of history. Rome seems a bit like that, likewise Istanbul. Dig down a metre in my home town past the layer of pubs and brothels and you get to the pre-history pretty quickly (that gets ploughed under too, because reasons).

I've heard the Antonia theory before, I'm sad it is likely a pipe-dream. Imagine the Third Temple rising across the valley from the Dome of the Rock. I'm not even Jewish and the thought of it gives me goosebumps.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Hahah. Vae victis, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    Hahah. Vae victis, i guess.

But has Israel really won? Or will they continue begging for money in order for their settlers to have high standards of living?

Like it depended on me. The Settlers are fine. Everything that pisses of Hamas and the believers in the construct of "Palestinian Arabs" pleases my dark soul. They have enough space to develop and cultivate. Why don't they try already, instead of persuing the genocide of the Jewish people, i might ask. Which i don't, because i know the answer already.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    Like it depended on me. The Settlers are fine. Everything that pisses of Hamas and the believers in the construct of "Palestinian Arabs" pleases my dark soul. They have enough space to develop and cultivate. Why don't they try already, instead of persuing the genocide of the Jewish people, i might ask. Which i don't, because i know the answer already.
    So many false statements in three lines. How did you managed to achieve this?
    1)Hamas does not exist in west bank
    2)Palestinians dont have space to "develop and cultivate" since settlers have stolen their lands.
    3)You mention about the "genocide of Jewish people" which is a lie.

Anyway i am happy that even with apartheid Israel is a democratic country. After all how many democratic countries you know that have 167% voter turnout in illegal settlements like brukhin

So many false statements in three lines.
    I don't think so, Gandalf.
    Good. Good.
    2)Palestinians dont have space to "develop and cultivate" since settlers have stolen their lands.
    Pfffffff.... hahahaha. Ohh, the poor things. Maybe they should look up a map at some point lol.
    I mentioned that Arabs want to physically destroy Israel and to kill all Jews, yes. Unfortunately, this is not a lie.

Anyway i am happy that even with apartheid Israel is a democratic country. After all how many democratic countries you know that have 167% voter turnout in illegal settlements like brukhin
    This is the only legit comment you made, and i unfortunately don't understand it. Some obscure place has been taken and you think, that the Jews there kind of skew the Israeli elections in total?
    Last edited by swabian; April 10, 2019 at 08:49 PM.

Well this is interesting.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/young-...er-ones-gantz/

Among Israelis 65 and older, Gantz beat Netanyahu 53% to 35%. Among those 18-24, however, Netanyahu beat Gantz by a nearly 50-point margin of 65% to 17%.
    The kids are all right-wing: How Israel’s younger voters have grown more conservative over time

https://www.jta.org/2019/04/10/israe...ht-wing-voters

According to the 2018 Israeli Democracy Index (an annual study by the Israeli Democracy Institute, a nonpartisan Israeli think tank), approximately 64 percent of Israeli Jews aged 18-34 identify as right wing, compared to 47 percent of those 35 and older. An Israeli Democracy Institute survey conducted just one week before Tuesday’s election likewise found a direct correlation between age and support for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: 65 percent of Israeli Jews aged 18-24, and 53 percent of those 25-34, favored Netanyahu winning re-election, while 17 percent and 33 percent, respectively, preferred his more centrist rival, Benny Gantz.

The trend might have to do with the events that shaped their formative years. An 18-year-old Israeli wasn’t alive during the heyday of the peace process in the 1990s, nor when the Israeli left last won an election, in 1999.

Young Israelis grew up during the second intifada, which saw hundreds of Israelis killed in suicide bombings. The aftermath of the 2005 disengagement from Gaza, which occurred when this group was between 4 to 20 years old, has led many young Jewish Israelis to resent any leader who is willing to cede any more land currently under Israeli control. Since some of this group has served in the army, successive wars in Gaza have only hardened that perception.

“They were born after the Oslo process started, they were exposed to the bloodshed during the second intifada, they are coming right after military service,” Hermann told JTA...

But along with being children of the conflict, this cohort is shaped by their religiosity. A larger percentage of young Israelis is haredi Orthodox and religious Zionist than in previous generations, and religious Jewish Israelis tend to be more right wing.

“[How religious you are] is the best predictor of whether someone is left, right or center,” Scheindlin said. And the age divide is growing, she added, “given that religious people have more children and higher population growth.”
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Golan Druze also vote disproportionately for Kulanu, not surprising considering the second place guy on their list is Druze.

That map is cool, I can zoom in to my specific neighborhood. Looks like the big coastal cities completely carried the Democrats... uh... I mean the Blue & White. Only in this case, there are only two major coastal cities. Although to me, even Tel Aviv doesn't seem big.
    That map is from 2015, though. Here's one for 2019: https://z.ynet.co.il/short/content/E...ternalurl=true
    Likud is blue, blue&white is yellow. If you click on a city you can get a more detailed breakdown.

So many false statements in three lines. How did you managed to achieve this?

1)Yes it does. If you look at the 2006 legislative election map, you'll see that Hamas won there too:
    [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ction_2006.png[/img]
    And they still exist there, carrying out the occasional terror attack.
    2)Yes they do. Not a great amount, but something. Maybe if they'd be willing to sign peace they'd have more.
    3)Intent to genocide is what he mentioned. Are you denying that it exists at least amongst some of the factions there?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Well this is interesting.

The kids are all right-wing: How Israel’s younger voters have grown more conservative over time
    Just proves my points that the younger generations are indoctrinated by "unoficial" media. Younger Israelis vote right for the same reason Americans voted Trump and Brazilians voted Bolsonaro. Artificial anger by youtube channels that rage against feminism, gays, minorities etc

Just proves my points that the younger generations are indoctrinated by "unoficial" media. Younger Israelis vote right for the same reason Americans voted Trump and Brazilians voted Bolsonaro. Artificial anger by youtube channels that rage against feminism, gays, minorities etc
    What alternative media are you talking about?
    If you had only bothered to read his article you'd see an explanation into why this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    What alternative media are you talking about?
    If you had only bothered to read his article you'd see an explanation into why this is happening.
    I fail to see how the 2000s was a more dangerous decade for Israel compared to previous decades

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Should’ve gone to specsavers
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I fail to see how the 2000s was a more dangerous decade for Israel compared to previous decades
    Can you provide me with an example of this alternative media though?
    You fail to see how having rockets fired at you is more dangerous than not?

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Can you provide me with an example of this alternative media though?
    You fail to see how having rockets fired at you is more dangerous than not?
    Sargon of Akkad
    Paul Josef Watson
    Tim Pool
    David Rubin
    Ben Shapiro
    Black Pigeon Speaks
    ShoeOnHead
    Angry foreigner
    Pat Condell
    Tim Robinson
    Stephen Crowder
    styxhexenhammer666
    Jesse Lee Peterson
    Amazing Lucas
    Alex Jones

To name a few...

What is the common rhetoric in these channels? How "libtards" destroy the west. How "the left" is anti-white. How minorities cause crime and terrorism. How gays and feminists ruin white people. How whites(the most privileged race on earth) are "percecuted". Also they talk about how climate change is a myth. Obviously the people who pay them, use them to promote their own agenda