View Poll Results: Which party would you vote for?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Likud (Conservative)

3 12.00%
  • Jewish Home (Right-Wing)

0 0%
  • Yesh Atid (Centrism)

0 0%
  • Labour (Center-Left)

1 4.00%
  • New Right (right-wing)

1 4.00%
  • Joint Union (Israeli Arab)

3 12.00%
  • Kulanu (Center)

0 0%
  • Shas (Sephardic-Mizrahi Orthodoxy)

1 4.00%
  • United Torah Judaism (Ashkenazi Orthodoxy)

0 0%
  • Yachad (Ultra-Orthodoxy)

0 0%
  • Hatnuah (Liberalism)

0 0%
  • Ta'al (Arab Nationalism)

3 12.00%
  • Israel Resilience Party (Center-Right)

0 0%
  • Metetz (Green-Left)

8 32.00%
  • Yisrael Beiteinu (Zionism)

0 0%
  • Gesher (Right-Wing)

1 4.00%
  • Zehut (Libertarianism)

3 12.00%
  • Other (Please, specify)

1 4.00%
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel elections April 2019, September 2019, March 2020, March 2021.

Default Re: Israel elections April 2019. New elections announced for September. Another new election announced for March.

Please focus on the Israeli elections (all three of them and the potential fourth one in the foreseeable future) and the country's domestic affairs. On the other hand, alleged influence of the Zionist lobby on American foreign policy is completely irrelevant.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Israel elections April 2019. New elections announced for September. Another new election announced for March.

In a shocking turn of events Blue and White has split up, with Gantz's "Hosen le Israel" agreeing to join Netanyahu's government, while Yair Lapid and Moshe Ya'alon and their parties, Yesh Atid and Telem, respectively, will stay in the opposition.
    Bibi did it again.

In other news, Orli Levi's party Gesher has left the left-wing alliance block of Meretz-Labour. Note that she is the only one from her party with a seat in parliament.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; March 26, 2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    In a shocking turn of events Blue and White has split up, with Gantz's "Hosen le Israel" agreeing to join Netanyahu's government, while Yair Lapid and Moshe Ya'alon and their parties, Yesh Atid and Telem, respectively, will stay in the opposition.
    Bibi did it again.

In other news, Orli Levi's party Gesher has left the left-wing alliance block of Meretz-Labour. Note that she is the only one from her party with a seat in parliament.
    Does anyone have any idea why would he do that? He had everything under control. He could have aimed for a unity-government, but why wouldn't he go first as PM either? I mean, that was shocking. Could the Mossad have something on him now that they are allowed to track Israeli cellphones?

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Does anyone have any idea why would he do that? He had everything under control. He could have aimed for a unity-government, but why wouldn't he go first as PM either? I mean, that was shocking.
    Gantz had no way of forming a government, and no way of forming a unity government without ditching Yair Lapid. Netanyahu refused to go 2nd, so he probably decided that this was the only way to do it. His party will get a respectable 5 ministries, including foreign ministry, ministry of defence and ministry of the economy.
    Could the Mossad have something on him now that they are allowed to track Israeli cellphones?
    Why would the Mossad do that?
    Also, the phone tracking cannot legally be used for anything except for storing information on whereabouts for 2 weeks which can only be used once someone is confirmed infected with COVID19 to see who else may have been infected by them

Gantz had no way of forming a government, and no way of forming a unity government without ditching Yair Lapid. Netanyahu refused to go 2nd, so he probably decided that this was the only way to do it. His party will get a respectable 5 ministries, including foreign ministry, ministry of defence and ministry of the economy.
    He had secured the Joint-list vote (granted, it would only help him to get the PM seat, they would be neutral in other matters), but that's enough a bargaining chip to go first as PM, no? Unless he wants to go second (spoiler alert: Netanyahu will betray him, either by not handing in the post or by calling early elections) to have a better chance of securing a second mandate in the next elections.

Why would the Mossad do that?
    Also, the phone tracking cannot legally be used for anything except for storing information on whereabouts for 2 weeks which can only be used once someone is confirmed infected with COVID19 to see who else may have been infected by them
    I don't know, you tell me. But they could've tracked other people that were in contact with him and his party. It was no coincidence that the Knesset speaker stepped down earlier this week without holding a new vote to appoint a new one, everything was arranged politically. But based on what? Gantz had everything against Netanyahu.

He had secured the Joint-list vote (granted, it would only help him to get the PM seat, they would be neutral in other matters), but that's enough a bargaining chip to go first as PM, no? Unless he wants to go second (spoiler alert: Netanyahu will betray him, either by not handing in the post or by calling early elections) to have a better chance of securing a second mandate in the next elections.
    Yes and no. He had the support of the Joint List, but 2 members of his party, as well as Orli-Levi (who at that stage was part of Labour-Meretz-Gesher) refused to join a coalition supported by the Joint List, meaning Gantz was at 58 just like Netanyahu.

I don't know, you tell me. But they could've tracked other people that were in contact with him and his party. It was no coincidence that the Knesset speaker stepped down earlier this week without holding a new vote to appoint a new one, everything was arranged politically. But based on what? Gantz had everything against Netanyahu.
    The Knesset speaker stood down because he was going to be replaced, but refused to allow the vote to replace him to be held, up until the supreme court ruled that he has to, at which point he quit.

Gantz had everything against Netanyahu.
    He didn't think so.

Adding to what nhytgbvfeco2 already mentioned:

Channel 12 reports on two major factors in Benny Gantz’s decision to move forward with a bid for unity despite the prospect of tearing apart Blue and White.

First was internal Blue and White polling that confirmed the party had suffered serious damage in public opinion for attempting, and failing, to form a minority government with the support of the Joint List. Polls showed a new election would see Benjamin Netanyahu, also buoyed by the crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic, achieve a 61-seat majority in parliament for his bloc.

The second was a phone call from Shas leader Aryeh Deri, who promised him he would ensure that any agreements with Netanyahu would be honored. Gantz was apparently convinced of his candor.
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...om-aryeh-deri/
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    He didn't think so.

Adding to what nhytgbvfeco2 already mentioned:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...om-aryeh-deri/
    Ah yes, if there's anyone in the Netanyahu coalition who's word I'd trust, it's the one that sat in jail for corruption.

Ah yes, if there's anyone in the Netanyahu coalition who's word I'd trust, it's the one that sat in jail for corruption.
    I thought that was funny too.
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Damn, Gantz is fried. Well, at least settlers might have less of a voice in Israel right now.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Bibi did it again.

Congratulations to Bibi. Perhaps he will rule Israel for a couple of years more(if he escapes the corruption trials). As for the fact that the left has almost disappeared from the political arena(the left that created Israel in 1948) its sad but there is a positive side. The Arab block becomes the only block that supports UN resolutions about Palestine. They might be isolated but their voice is loud and clear and its the only alternative to religious and far right parties that rule right now Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    The Arab block becomes the only block that supports UN resolutions about Palestine. They might be isolated but their voice is loud and clear and its the only alternative to religious and far right parties that rule right now Israel.
    I don't see how that's a positive from your perspective that there is only 1 party supporting that rather than 2 that had together more seats than the 1 has now, but you do you.
    But yeah, the Joint List is fantastic. A coalition of Islamists, Communists and Arab Nationalists, something to hate for everyone. Oh, and lets not forget literal terrorist sympathisers.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; March 27, 2020 at 07:44 AM.

Damn, Gantz is fried. Well, at least settlers might have less of a voice in Israel right now.
    Apparently that might be true, settlers are resuming their terrorism campaigns out of their enclaves. (edit: I think I might have read too fast into that, it's apparently more because of settlers love for Kahane and settler terrorists being jailed than anything. At least this time settler terrorism got a scold from Netanyahu and his cabinet)

I don't see how that's a positive from your perspective that there is only 1 party supporting that rather than 2 that had together more seats than the 1 has now, but you do you.
    But yeah, the Joint List is fantastic. A coalition of Islamists, Communists and Arab Nationalists, something to hate for everyone. Oh, and lets not forget literal terrorist sympathisers.
    I mean, I also abhor Islamism and nationalism, but I never saw you condemning the presence of Judeo-supremacism, Israeli nationalism and IDF/settler perpetrated terrorism apologists in Netanyahu's coalition. Two faces of the same coin.
    Last edited by Yayattasa; March 27, 2020 at 08:44 AM.

I mean, I also abhor Islamism and nationalism, but I never saw you condemning the presence of Judeo-supremacism, Israeli nationalism and IDF/settler perpetrated terrorism apologists in Netanyahu's coalition. Two faces of the same coin.
    You misunderstood my point. I don't hate nationalism, I said that there's something to hate for everyone, because just about anyone would hate at least one of those 3.
    IDF perpetrated terrorism..? such as?
    I'm not aware of any Judeo-Supremacists in Netanyahu's coalition, feel free to point them out and I'll join you in condemning them.
    Who supports settler terrorism in the government? I'll condemn that too.

You misunderstood my point. I don't hate nationalism, I said that there's something to hate for everyone, because just about anyone would hate at least one of those 3.
    IDF perpetrated terrorism..? such as?
    I'm not aware of any Judeo-Supremacists in Netanyahu's coalition, feel free to point them out and I'll join you in condemning them.
    Who supports settler terrorism in the government? I'll condemn that too.
    What you define as terrorism? If your definition of terrorism is just planting bombs and not throwing them from airplanes you got me. You must go way back to see jews using these tactics. But still today if you ask Israelis about Menahem Begin, most will say that he is a revolutionary hero. As for Netanyahu not cooperating with supremacist parties, thats a good joke

What you define as terrorism? If your definition of terrorism is just planting bombs and not throwing them from airplanes you got me. You must go way back to see jews using these tactics. But still today if you ask Israelis about Menahem Begin, most will say that he is a revolutionary hero.
    indiscriminate intentional targeting of a civilian population to achieve a political goal.
    As for Netanyahu not cooperating with supremacist parties, thats a good joke
    Can you give me a list of supremacist parties in the Israeli parliament?

indiscriminate intentional targeting of a civilian population to achieve a political goal.
    You mean like bombing of Gaza or david hotel bombing? No, Israel never did terrorism and Israelis never glorified these actions

Can you give me a list of supremacist parties in the Israeli parliament?
    How many Israeli parties exist that want independent Palestine OR annexation of west bank with voting rights to the Palestinians? Either you want one of these or you are supremacist. Whether you excuse yourself using science or religion or so-called security the result is the same

You mean like bombing of Gaza or david hotel bombing?
    Neither fit the definition he gave.

You mean like bombing of Gaza or david hotel bombing? No, Israel never did terrorism and Israelis never glorified these actions
    As mentioned, neither fits the definition I gave.

How many Israeli parties exist that want independent Palestine OR annexation of west bank with voting rights to the Palestinians? Either you want one of these or you are supremacist. Whether you excuse yourself using science or religion or so-called security the result is the same
    Yeah, that's not at all the definition of supremacist. Even if we pretend that it was, only 1 party in parliament opposes the creation of an independent palestinian state, and instead wants an autonomous region.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Neither fit the definition he gave.
    Both do. But of course they are not Arabs so they cant be terrorists.