Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a semi-historical Roman save game with the Polybian reforms?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Anyone have a semi-historical Roman save game with the Polybian reforms?

My hard drive just died and I've lost all my saved games and I really don't want to start all over again, does anyone have a save game they wouldn't mind sharing?

EDIT: Preferably for version 2.35
    Last edited by isa0005; February 01, 2019 at 07:49 AM.

Default Re: Anyone have a semi-historical Roman save game with the Polybian reforms?

Pretty please?

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Anyone have a semi-historical Roman save game with the Polybian reforms?

I don't think I do, but I'll check within a day.

Edit: Nope, earliest is turn 400 + I've even tampered with the campaign files.
    Last edited by Rosbjerg; February 01, 2019 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    My hard drive just died and I've lost all my saved games and I really don't want to start all over again, does anyone have a save game they wouldn't mind sharing?
    RomaVitrix was playing a campaign with the Romans, try asking him

Thanks for the responses, I'll shoot Roma_Vitrix a message.
    Otherwise, if anyone else wishes to share, that would be great!
    Last edited by isa0005; February 01, 2019 at 07:50 AM.

I have a 2.3 semi-historical savegame of the Romans around turn 550 I think. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. Haven't started a 2.35 game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wojtekimbier View Post
    I have a 2.3 semi-historical savegame of the Romans around turn 550 I think. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. Haven't started a 2.35 game yet.
    I don't have 2.3 installed anymore but thanks for the offer never the less!

I have some saves, but they're ahistorical in expansion and army composition.

EDIT: Preferably for version 2.35
    There you go:

https://filehorst.de/d/cgrswfpG

German site, so a bit of translation:

When opening the link, you'll get a message
    "Dein Download wird jetzt vorbereitet. Bitte warte 12 Sekunden. Vielen Dank!"
    Basically means "download preparing, please wait xxx seconds."

This will eventually change to "Jetzt zur Download-Seite" (to download). Click it.

"Dein Download steht nun bereit. Klicke hier, um ihn zu starten." means "Download ready. Click here to start."
    Just click (surprise surprise! )

About the save:

EB 2.35 vanilla
    SPQR
    turn 170
    Polybian army
    Carthaginian attack immanent (will happen within the next 1-5 turns)

Unfortunately it's rather ahistorical as I took Gallia Cisalpina, Illyria and Syracuse way too early.
    I hope it helps nevertheless.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; February 01, 2019 at 08:36 AM.

i didnt play Romans since EBI but if anyone would like to give Makedonians a try, i had a link in description here. it is 15 turns in, after consolidation of much of Greece.

if anyone's got Parthia in advanced stages save, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post
    There you go:

https://filehorst.de/d/cgrswfpG

German site, so a bit of translation:

When opening the link, you'll get a message
    "Dein Download wird jetzt vorbereitet. Bitte warte 12 Sekunden. Vielen Dank!"
    Basically means "download preparing, please wait xxx seconds."

This will eventually change to "Jetzt zur Download-Seite" (to download). Click it.

"Dein Download steht nun bereit. Klicke hier, um ihn zu starten." means "Download ready. Click here to start."
    Just click (surprise surprise! )

About the save:

EB 2.35 vanilla
    SPQR
    turn 170
    Polybian army
    Carthaginian attack immanent (will happen within the next 1-5 turns)

Unfortunately it's rather ahistorical as I took Gallia Cisalpina, Illyria and Syracuse way too early.
    I hope it helps nevertheless.
    Wonderful!
    Thanks so much!

EDIT: The save makes the game crash on load... wonder why that might be?

EDIT 2: Looked at the log... I've never seen so many errors in my life haha, are you're sure you're running EB 2.35 vanilla?
    Last edited by isa0005; February 01, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I have some saves, but they're ahistorical in expansion and army composition.
    You're welcome to share them if you like

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Lacking submods, or scripts maybe - did you edit the campaign script in any way Shadowwalker? (easier reforms etc)

Wonderful!
    Thanks so much!

EDIT: The save makes the game crash on load... wonder why that might be?
    That is usually a sign of incompatible game versions.

And as I just remember I don't use vanilla EB 2.35 but a tiny submod that gets rid of the giant banners without totally removing them.

So I may have a different descr_banner_new.xml than you.

The one I use is from YourMadDocs "Alternative battles". I only use the way more immersive banners from that mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...native-Battles

First post, download, backup your descr_banner_new.xml and insert the modded one.

I hope I didn't forget any other change and it works now for you.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

Still doesn't work

Hmmmmmm, most curious!

I am not sure if a different ebII.cfg can cause this (I play on H/M, huge units, windowed, unlimited time etc) ... just in case - here's mine so you can check if it helps:

https://filehorst.de/d/cHuirogl

Oh and I do have the retail gold version of M2:TW, not the STEAM one, perhaps that causes issues, too?

Ah yes, I use the steam version, that would be the problem I think.

Well..try this. I was able to pack only last three due to limit for attachments...dunno if they'll work since it's retail version, H/H.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Just chiming in to say I talked to isa0005 via PM, but unfortunately my version wouldn't work with his either, since I have slightly tweaked some files like the export_descr_units file that would make the game crash with his vanilla/untouched version of 2.35. Good luck in finding someone who can help you out! Don't wait too long, though. Might as well start a new campaign in the meantime.

Thanks Sar1n they work perfectly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast