Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New SAGA #2 (after ToB)

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: New SAGA #2 (after ToB)

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    I got a advertisement email from CA, that tomorrow 19. September 2019, 3 pm a new epic Saga will be announced.

The background of this email looks like ancient greek geometrical decoration.

So i think, its clear, it will be Troy, but as i'm not interested in strategy games, where invulnerable superheroes kills hundred of enemies, i think, i will pass this title again.
    I too received this email. Sounds intriguing.

Also I wouldn't write Troy off as "strategy games, where invulnerable superheroes kills hundred of enemies" just yet. If they're looking at "the truth behind the myth" , then it may actually be closer to a traditional Total War than Warhammer/Three Kingdoms Romance mode. I hope so, as I'm also more interested in strategy than overpowered heroes.

But we shall see.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Last edited by Welsh Dragon; September 18, 2019 at 01:02 PM.

Well, another kick in the ass for us history buffs....... fantasy is selling like hotcakes, they're all about their business so I'm not mad at a business move, but KKK>....... at least give us full fledged modding tools on release, so the great modders in the community can mod the fantasy out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Well, another kick in the ass for us history buffs....... fantasy is selling like hotcakes, they're all about their business so I'm not mad at a business move, but KKK>....... at least give us full fledged modding tools on release, so the great modders in the community can mod the fantasy out of it
    How about we wait until we know how much fantasy is in it (and what modding tools are available,) before we bemoan the inability to mod the fantasy out of it?

Just saying...

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Twitch channel for TW is running countdown pointing towards 3-4 PM BST as usual
    https://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial
    Last edited by Daruwind; September 19, 2019 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Twitch channel for TW is running countdown pointing towards 3-4 PM BST as usual
    https://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial
    Just to be clear it's a 3pm BST (2pm GMT) start time.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

I will post video and screens at 3 pm. I received movies and screenshots from CA, but there is an embargo.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quick question: was there fantasy in the Brad Pitt Troy movie? Superheroes killing hundreds? Monsters and magic? My guess is that CA sticks to the movie as guide rails for its version.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    New blog post from CA with some Saga info: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/develo...pdate-blog-02/

-Heroism+legendary events ....so Troy confirmed
    -ToB was actually success for CA so Troy will probably be similar in certain ways...definitely it sounds like way with less DLCs
    -route of bravery..legends
    -more info soon
    ToB was pretty much small budget done by Jack and maybe few people. Troy is being develop by the new studio. Guess ToB had enough sake to warrant a bigger budget for the new Saga then.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    ToB was pretty much small budget done by Jack and maybe few people. Troy is being develop by the new studio. Guess ToB had enough sake to warrant a bigger budget for the new Saga then.
    Depends...

Sofia studio handled R2 additional DLCs as Jack´s team was preparing ToB. ToB is significantly bigger than DLCs so either Sofia studio was significantly boosted lately or Jack´s team and budget were not so small after all.

We know nothing at all for example how many DLCs are planned for Troy only some hints about possible playable characters (8 so far?). Plus nothing about factions,culture groups. So far it is very possiblestuff will be very similar for all factions like ToB, FotS...

Simply don´t expect full size game till CA says so..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345