Thread: [AWARD] Iskar for Phalera

Default [AWARD] Iskar for Phalera

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Dear fellow citizens, I would like to present you another fine candidate for the award of Phalera, Iskar. In my opinion, Iskar is a truly invaluable member of the Total War Center community, whose academic-quality posts always contribute decisively to the progress of a political debate, the enrichment of a philosophical discussion and the answer to a scientific question. His vocabulary, tone and arguments are marked eloquence, politeness and intelligence, respectively, as Iskar never hesitates to address the point directly, in a rather civil manner, without however showing any mercy to logical fallacies and various misconceptions. Below, in order to illustrate my position, I cite several of Iskar's exemplary comments, ranging from pilgrimage and trigonometry to Empedocles and Plato. In other instances, Iskar explains modern political aspects, Descartes' line of thinking, Pascal's wager, collectivism, dual citizenship, secularism and Neo-Nazism in Karl-Marx-Stadt. After, he seems rather interested in social justice, while he has also clarified issues concerning Russel's paradox, abortion, Brexit, decline of religiosity, relativism, proselytism and sociology. However, despite his clear preference for philosophy, ethics and theology, matters such as nationhood, right to independence, nationalism, mass effect and even baby Hitler have not evaded his attention. On the other hand, there is no doubt that logic, theology and ontology are some of his favourite subjects for discussion, although I personally enjoyed his doubts about water's memory. I should also add his observations about Peterson, taxes, German elections, robotics, statehood, immigration and evolution. Last but not least, it should be noted that I didn't conduct an exhaustive research of the entirety of Iskar's involvement in the Discussion and Debate fora (especially the Mudpit and Vestigia Vetustatis were remarkably more difficult to navigate through) and that in many of the linked threads, only the initial post was cited, despite Iskar continuing to converse with his interlocutor about the subject at hand. For example, I am personally a passionate fan of the dialogues about lizards performing miracles and Hillary grilling in low-temperature nefarious human feelings.Therefore, given all his stellar activity in the D&D segment of the site, I believe that Iskar definitely deserves to have his efforts awarded with the Phalera medal.
    Supporters
    Sukiyama, Settra, Dante Von Hespburg, Aikanár, Hitai de Bodemlose, Flinn, Quintus Hortensius Hortalus, King Athelstan, Lifthrasir, lolIsuck
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; February 06, 2019 at 11:05 AM.

Default Re: [AWARD] Iskar for Phalera

Easy support. Iskar should also open a thread recommending Abdul for a Phalera as well. The timing and the fact that he is your patron would be quite funny in my opinion.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Yes
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno
    Moderator Emeritus

Support easily.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

This is chocolate .. eh .. easy.

Support!

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Of course~

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I was waiting for this to pop up since a while

Iskar is indeed an invaluable member of this community, because of his quality post as well as because of his other contributions in many other areas (such as the Curia or the Moderation), so I'm more than happy to support his Phalera.
    I had the opportunity and pleasure to work alongside him in many different environments and I confess that I was always impressed by his level of self-control, which clearly reflects on the quality of his D&D posts; two times winner of Best Philosophical Poster and one time of the Best Debater, I think this says it all.

Go Isky, go!!
    Last edited by Flinn; February 01, 2019 at 07:36 AM. Reason: damn, it was philosophical..
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Support.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support! Well deserved, though he's not the Messiah!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Easy yes
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Iskar seems unnecessarily argumentative at times, often presenting opposing points of view to support his conclusions.

I am considering a vote at this time...

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Support.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Iskar seems unnecessarily argumentative at times, often presenting opposing points of view to support his conclusions.

I am considering a vote at this time...
    I would agree if we are considering his behavior within the Curia. However, I have read his posts outside of the Curia and they are a quantum leap in quality.
    He also personalizes debates. There are Phalera's who are the very anthesis of this behavior and are the toast of the site within the debating circles. Then again, we have some who are not that different than iskar who hold the title.

The quality far outweighs the bad here and I give my full SUPPORT.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Support!

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Support.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

support
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz