Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only one dish on the menu: fried trout

Default Only one dish on the menu: fried trout

The combined might of the Black army fell upon Riverrun. An army so vast and large that it covered the horizon. As they approached the keep the men were ordered to march in good order, banners high. The quartered arms of Rhaenyra were soon glanced by whosoever awaited them in Tully's seat, but the first they could heard were the angry roars and shrieks of six adult dragons, among them the imposing beasts of the Rogue Prince and the Queen Who Never Was.

BLACK ARMY
    QUEEN'S MEN
    2900 LI
    1450 A
    1450 MAA
    725 LC
    725 HC
    +175 Rhaenyra's retinue.
    +150 Corlys' retinue.
    +2,600 Sellswords.
    -------------------------
    Total: 10,175 men.

Dragons:
    Class III: Meleys, Caraxes, Seasmoke.
    Class II: Syrax, Arrax, Vermax.

Commanders: Daemon Targaryen, Rhaenys Targaryen, Rhaenyra Targaryen, Luke Velaryon, Jace Velaryon, Addam Velaryon, Gwayne Corbray.

MEN OF THE VALE

9500 LI
    4750 HI
    4750 AS
    2625 LC
    2625 HC
    Commanders: Lady Jeyne Arryn, Aemma Rivers, Ander Royce of Gates of the Moon, Harrold Templeton
    Personal retinue: 100 HI, 100 HC Arryn, 50 HI 50 HC Corbray
    Total: 24050 troops

Grand total: 34.225 Men, 6 dragons.

(+BLACK RIVERLORDS, NUMBERS PENDING)

The Queen, confident on her army's size and might, the display of not one or two, but six, twice the dragons Aegon ever had, sent ahead the white flag of parley, summoning the so-called Green Riverlords to a meeting, before any blood was shed. The banners of Strong, Blackwood, Tully, Vance, Piper and many other Riverlander houses, small and big, could be seen next to the Valesmen's vast array of heraldic deviced and the omnipresent three-headed dragons.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Default Re: Only one dish on the menu: fried trout

When rumors of a parley were heard, Lord Eldred Tully announced, that he would consider it, as in light of the approaching army, there was hardly any hopes for them to survive it.
    If it was solely Caraxes or any other dragon rider they sent with a smaller force - they probably could have held out.
    Two dragons? Probably sacrifice, but still worth the fight.
    Yet Rhaenyra marched against all odds with here WHOLE army at them. Like, what were the odds? Where was Aegon, where was the King? Isn't he supposed to fight them with his own reptiles?
    Maybe the King and his brothers could take out all six wyrms easily, but a divided Riverlands?
    Impossible - no dragons were sent for aid, no allies other than Rowan himself had announced their aid.
    There was no way to win this battle.
    Everyone knew that. Rowan, himself, the Riverlords... jumping into a massacre wasn't an option, thus the Lord of Riverrun and by Rhaenyra dennounced Lord Paramount wished to at least talk with the one, who wished to fight him. Although ravens were prepared, they weren't send yet though.
    Not that they needed to - an army of this size would have caught the attention of the smallfolk most likely. Rumors would already make it impossible for Rhaenyra's host to hide.

In the end, Lord Tully, among with Lord Rowan, his stepfather-in-law along with the rest of the Riverlords would eventually approach the camp, as the banners of Vance, Mallister and Darry eventually showed that there were still lords, who believed in the Green's and Eldric's course of action. They all knew that these could be their last words, as Rhaenyra made in her letter more than clear that she would punish Eldric severely for his betrayal in her eyes, the call for siding with the false King. The Highlords under Eldric's banner were aware that a similiar fate or even worse could await them - Darry even sacrificed the safety of his household for aiding the King's forces.
    Only Ser Garth Tully remained at the camp in case that it turned out to be a trap, set up by the Dragon Queen. At least one Tully had to stay back for their all safety.

When his twin brother Kirth saw Eldred enter the tent, he restrained of looking away, while eyeing him hateful. After all that time he had his twin brother on his knees. There was no way, Eldred was getting away alive out of this, he always was the obstacle between him and the throne of Riverrun. Slighted by the grandfather, when he himself knew that father probably would have chosen him as his successor.
    Eldred was weak. All of them were. Once he was in charge of the Riverlands, they would have to follow his command, no matter how they liked it or not.
    And yet, he didn't feel pleased at all.
    He longed for a battle, finally for something where he could prove his worth before the Riverlords. Somewhat brooding he looked over to Strong, the one, who first chose to support Rhaenyra and was rumored to bring Mooton and Blackwood into her fold. He was a rival to his future reign. Kirth knew that some of the Lords might have followed because of his work - when he was risking his life by searching the Queen's host with a minor force, so that he could aid her within her first battles! Therefore it was important, that it came to a field battle.
    It thirsted him to kill his brother, kill those, who stood for over a year in his way of obtaining what was rightfully his!
    "Look, who's crawled up here - one traitor after another", he thus only commented the scene with gritting teeth, as he tried to calm himself down mentally, the new banner of his choice, a black fish on red ground being embroided on his chest.
    Easy, just let your Queen handle it to lead them to their deaths.

Eldred only eyed his twin brother sorrow, already feeling the hatred towards him. So that's just all, he thought to himself bitter, as Kirth's eyes told him more than he needed to know, You only declared because you wanted the title. And seems like you might get it...
    "Traitors everywhere indeed, brother...", Eldred replied stern, more hostile than he actually intended, before he finally continiued his marsh, still wearing his plate armour despite it being uncomfortable, as he was still prepared for battle - even though it still looked odd with the pale face of the young lord, who nontheless wished to show his confidence and courage when he confronted the Dragon Queen herself. He briefly passed Ser Robin Strong, whom he only gave a friendly nod, before he finally stood before her. Rhaenyra Targaryen, self-styled Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, perhaps even the real heir to the throne. Noone could really tell, but Eldred knew that this woman was more than capable of taking, what she saw as rightfully hers - there was no doubt about it and to some point it impressed him.
    "Your highness", he replied in respect, as he curtsied as best as it was possible with his heavy armour, "The war doesn't forbid me to adress you with your royal title, as no matter on which sides we are, I have always recognized House Targaryen as my rightful overlord. Thus, I welcome you and your family at Riverrun, even though I wish I could welcome you under better circumstances within my home. Yet we have all chosen our sides and it seems fate wishes, that the bards might sing about a second Harrenhal... but unlike Harren the Black, I'm at least glad that I get to know the one, who might put me to the torch within my last defense."

Army of Lord Eldred - 17,175 men

175 men Lord's Retiniue
    --87 Heavy Infantry
    --88 Heavy cavalry

6,800 Light infantry
    3,400 Archers
    3,400 Heavy infantry
    1,700 Light cavalry
    1,700 Heavy cavalry

Army of Lord Rowan - 8,475 men

2,800 LI
    1,800 Archers
    1,800 Men at Arms
    900 LC
    900 Knights
    +137 Heavy Cav from Personal Retinue
    +138 Heavy Infantry from Personal Retinue

Lord Thaddeus rode to parlay with Lord Tully. His hopes were in changing Tully’s declaration for Green. He barely had a chance before the opposing army showed up. Gerold Rowan rode with his father alongside Robert Rowan. Jonothor stayed in the keep awaiting word. Lord Thaddeus had lived in the time of dragons his whole life, they did not scare him but their awe inspiring strength did not elude him.

"Your stand will be pointless, Tully"

Said the Queen, clad in a suit of black plate, scales covering her legs.

"If you're willing to sacrifice what, twenty thousand men, for this, you cannot be trusted with leadership"

She moved on the seat.

"Twenty thousand men or maybe more. Half of them will die horrifically and pointlessly. It's not a nice death, to be engulfed by flames"

Her brow was crowned by a slender gold band.

"Spare them. Kneel, join us and you and your kindred shall be pardoned. You shall forfeit Riverrun, but you will be spared further trouble and can keep lands and keep elsewhere, that your sons will inherit in due time"

The queen raised from the throne, the Queensguard, Marbrand and Cargyll following her. She grabs Tully's shoulders.

"By the Seven, don't make me do this. Don't litter the ground with charred corpses. I'm compassive, I can forgive. I've been robbed of my birthright and I will reclaim it. Where is my half-brother? Shouldn't he be here to defend you? He isn't. I am. With full might. Surrender, Tully, and don't do anything foolish"

The queen stares into Tully's eyes with her liliac ones.

"I will lose a thousand, maybe, but you would lead to the slaughter a whole generation of good men. Bend the knee and they shall march under my righteous banners and be shielded from fire and claw by mine own dragons"

She turned heels and took seat on the throne.

"Fail to surrender and... Fire and blood. Aegon had three dragons, I have six. Three of them are larger than Meraxes or Vhagar back then. There is no possible way. Be wise, don't let yourself be controlled by passion or irrational thinking, kiss my hand and bend your knees"

Thaddeus jut into the conversation rough and abruptly,
    I was there when Princess Rhaenys came to Highgarden to petition Lady Tyrell. I launched question upon question and she answered them with the class and strength that comes from the righteous purpose. I am old enough to remember my vows to obey the true Will of our late King. I came Riverrun to implore my young Son in law of his folly in declaring for the Black, but that did not undo the wrong that was declared to him by his brother. That is our purpose here. Not to fight against the righteous cause of our Majesty.

The queen eyed him curiously.

"Lord Rowan, doesn't it?"

She makes a gesture with a gauntlet-clad hand.

"It seems not everyone is seized by a folly here. If the Riverlands want to yield, so be it. If you have conflicts around succession, I can settle them. But if you're loyal, my Lords, kneel and let's forget this. No-one has to die, today"

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    "Your stand will be pointless, Tully"

Said the Queen, clad in a suit of black plate, scales covering her legs.

"If you're willing to sacrifice what, twenty thousand men, for this, you cannot be trusted with leadership"

She moved on the seat.

"Twenty thousand men or maybe more. Half of them will die horrifically and pointlessly. It's not a nice death, to be engulfed by flames"

Her brow was crowned by a slender gold band.

"Spare them. Kneel, join us and you and your kindred shall be pardoned. You shall forfeit Riverrun, but you will be spared further trouble and can keep lands and keep elsewhere, that your sons will inherit in due time"

The queen raised from the throne, the Queensguard, Marbrand and Cargyll following her. She grabs Tully's shoulders.

"By the Seven, don't make me do this. Don't litter the ground with charred corpses. I'm compassive, I can forgive. I've been robbed of my birthright and I will reclaim it. Where is my half-brother? Shouldn't he be here to defend you? He isn't. I am. With full might. Surrender, Tully, and don't do anything foolish"

The queen stares into Tully's eyes with her liliac ones.

"I will lose a thousand, maybe, but you would lead to the slaughter a whole generation of good men. Bend the knee and they shall march under my righteous banners and be shielded from fire and claw by mine own dragons"

She turned heels and took seat on the throne.

"Fail to surrender and... Fire and blood. Aegon had three dragons, I have six. Three of them are larger than Meraxes or Vhagar back then. There is no possible way. Be wise, don't let yourself be controlled by passion or irrational thinking, kiss my hand and bend your knees"
    Eldred pondered as he saw the sense in Rhaenyra's words. Most of it was right, yet a lot seemed wrong - at least from his point of view.
    "I see that we come to the same conclusions, yet I have sworn my oath to Aegon", he replied bitter, before eyeing her directly, "I don't want to lead this men to the slaughterbank, while yet they fight for the cause of a King, either because they feel obliged to do so, as he is the King upon the Iron Throne or for other reasons. I have pondered over the risk and am aware that you have indeed the most dragons upon your side, your grace."
    He made a brief pause before he continiued. It might be the case that these were his last words, so Eldred was pretty open.
    "Yet it is ironically the safety of my people which lead me on sides of the Greens as well as the safety of my family", he replied then, "I have no sons... yet. My two daughters might inherit Riverrun some day and I sent them to the ones, who could promise me their safety from dragon fire. I was prepared for one dragon, maybe two - yet it seems I am a far greater enemy than Aegon himself at the moment. Me and my thousand banners!"
    To some point it seemed ironic, that the scene outside would rather fit a joke than a real situation, the more Eldred thought about it - yet, in light of the total destruction of his host by said dragons made any wish for a smile vanish though. The situation was serious and the young Lord knew that, which was why he continiued immidiately.
    "You have your dragons, my Queen, but I would assume that Aegon has the realm and dragons - Vhagar nowadays is neither harmless and unless you can confirm me his assured death by your side, the wheel of destruction will continiue - if I choose to declare for you, the King might stand here the next moment, then I'll have to face his wrath, if I don't bow - and so on and so on. What worth holds my word, if I simply declare now for you? What honor is in a Lord Paramount, who betrays the Crown in return for one, whom the Crown has declared a rebell?"
    It was a long elaboration, but one with a point.
    "I gave not solely the King, but the supporters of the King a promise - the safety of my daughters for their cause", he answered honestly, "Yet the need of my people is greater and it is by far the only argument, which convinces me to break my word in order to ensure that the Riverlands shall follow your banner. It might be safer for you to just imprison me right here and there, so I don't have the choice as an oath is sadly an oath. You yourself claim that some of Aegon's supporters have broken the promise, they gave the old King and you wish to punish them for it - how can you thus possibly redeem someone like me, if he betrays a king for another?"

More than annoyed by both Rowan's suggestion and his twin brother's idle talk, Lord Kirth interrupted.
    "If you have no intention to yield, brother, it's over", he merely remarked, "The Queen is right, either submit or burn. Here I thought you would at least show your courage as a warrior, but our father was always right... even now you just cover in front of the dragon, dressed by a warrior, but not thinking like a warrior. People like you are what make these kingdoms rotten and ill - so make it quick. Surrender and face both the Queen's and my judgement or face the terror of the dragons. There are only two sides in this conflict, brother - and I chose the winning one."
    Feeling the insults, Eldred pondered for a moment, but didn't react on the provocations. Not yet though.

Gerold scoffed and spat at the end of Kirths statement. Lord Gerold Rowan tightened his grip around the hilt of his axe. Axe blade on one end and spike on the other, it had seen its fair share of blood.

"You ridicule your own kin. Your own family. You speak venom while slithering away into the embrace of a noble cause hoping to see yourself reflected in it. If it is a fight that you want Kirth, I am dressed like a warrior and i'll bloody hell show you what it means to fight like one."

Gerold was still wroth about his brother Mace's betrayal. He hoped this battle be what he needed to blow off his aggravations but the appearance of many a dragon proved that inclination to be folly. Yet here stood this pompous man, talking down to his Lord brother.

Thaddeus placed a hand on Gerold's shoulder. Seeing that it did nothing to calm him, Thaddeus addressed the Queen herself, "Youth has a way of spurring even the sensible to rash decision making. I think that it is made plain here that Lord Kirth's motives have little to do with your rightful claim my Queen. I believe my son Lord Gerold feels this to his bones as well. So what would you like done, Queen of all the Andals and of the First Men. Queen of ALL men?"

Thaddeus had once been a man of fighting stature. Now his presence on the battlefield would be more symbolic than practical. He would fight if needed of course, but he would trust his guard to keep away the real threats. Thaddeus was not yet so old that his sword arm didn't work. Just too old for some of the more polished fighters of the realm.

"You may not respect your brother Kirth but he is my nephews uncle. You dishonor him and therefore my family and I." Gerold had stopped listening to his father by this point. The talk was for others. He merely awaited the words that would decide if his axe would see blood.

There was cold silence, as Lord Kirth's glare suddenly hit Gerold Rowan, while everyone could tell that his blood boiled.
    From Kirth's perspective there was nothing worse, as he felt already that his authority was questioned. And by no more than a Reachman! He could feel how all the Riverlords would stare at him, as these cursed Rowans tried to frame him in light of his queen, men of whom he knew that they looked down upon his family as they liked. Yet, Tully wasn't willing to give in. The black fish on his breast seemed even more menacing when he stepped forward towards Ser Gerold.
    "If you wish a trial by combat for these mocking accusations, then so it shall be", he solely replied rough, as he definitly meant it, "I will not allow a mere High Lord from another kingdom to mock me like I am the dirt under his petty shoes! We Riverlanders always fought for our survival, so if you dare to question my decisions, let the Seven decide whether I rip out your lying tongue from your mouth, Rowan, or whether you have the guts of silencing mine!
    Just dare to fight me - whether I do it right now or in an open field battle doesn't matter!"

The atmosphere grew tense, as Kirth didn't even bother to adress Thaddeus Rowan at all. All his upcoming hatred was projected upon this very man, who dared to challenge him.

Eldred watched worried, how his twin brother felt already more than provoked, yet he failed to say anything. There was too much bitterness between the two and Kirth seemed almost like a stranger, when acting like this - yet the truth was more horrible. If he already dared to attack those among the Rowans, who were considered part of the family by blood due to his own ambitions and his own pride, how worse was it, when it came to both of them?

Those were your words were they not Lord Kirth? I make no accusations just observations. You said you chose the winning side. Not the honorable nor just side, but the winning one. Honor Does Not Whither. Instead of standing with your brother you stand here against him because, as it is more evident than your words, the Queen's side is the winning side. Your brother, the noble Lord Tully has offered his own life and custody to preserve his House and people while you are prepared to watch them burn. Your quality is not of my devising, I am merely illuminating your decision-making thus far.
    Thaddeus Rowan spoke carefully and without anger. Thaddeus knew that anger would only escalate an already tenuous situation and as combustable as Kirth seemed it was heading in that very direction.

Gerold on the other hand, had a very different opinion of how the manner should proceed. "Ah the malice of a simple man is a wonder to behold isn't it? I would defend your own kin more readily than yourself. Maybe you are no simpleton, maybe you are merely a coward." Gerold goaded to get a rise from the fuming Kirth. He changed his stance and fidgeted with the battle-axe in his hand.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Someone in the army yells:

"TRIAL BY COMBAT!!!!!"

The Queen has listened patiently.

"Enough"

She gestured towards the quarrelling lords.

"I'm tired of this constant squabbling"

The queen leans forward.

"This can be solved, ironically, by a trial by combat, as someone wisely pointed out. However, both the parties have to swear fealty to the rightful queen, and that no matter the outcome they shall follow my banners. Whoever is the victor shall rule the Trident in my stead as Lord Paramount and receive my blessings and full pardon. If you're not willing to submit this grievance to the judgement of the Gods, I shall reach a settlement on my own, as Queen and source of Justice on the realm"

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    Those were your words were they not Lord Kirth? I make no accusations just observations. You said you chose the winning side. Not the honorable nor just side, but the winning one. Honor Does Not Whither. Instead of standing with your brother you stand here against him because, as it is more evident than your words, the Queen's side is the winning side. Your brother, the noble Lord Tully has offered his own life and custody to preserve his House and people while you are prepared to watch them burn. Your quality is not of my devising, I am merely illuminating your decision-making thus far.
    Thaddeus Rowan spoke carefully and without anger. Thaddeus knew that anger would only escalate an already tenuous situation and as combustable as Kirth seemed it was heading in that very direction.

Gerold on the other hand, had a very different opinion of how the manner should proceed. "Ah the malice of a simple man is a wonder to behold isn't it? I would defend your own kin more readily than yourself. Maybe you are no simpleton, maybe you are merely a coward." Gerold goaded to get a rise from the fuming Kirth. He changed his stance and fidgeted with the battle-axe in his hand.
    Lady Jeyne Arryn, up until that point content to just listen, finally felt the need to speak up. "It is a sad day when conflict arises, Lord Rowan. Is it not our duty to protect our subjects from death and famine and deceit, just like we expect the Royal on the Iron Throne to do the same? Honor, here, is what sets us apart from the narrow-minded smallfolk and the squabbling Essosi. Your House and mine know like no other what true honor is, and there is none to be found in Aegon's deceitful theft of the Iron Throne. Could you trust such a usurper to observe honor and justice? Lord Kirth speaks truly when he says that the army that now stands before you will be victorious in due time, but that is because we are fighting for the righteous cause. We fight for what Viserys would have wanted, and the gods smile upon us. Do not think yourself higher than the Seven, or Higher than Honor, my Lord."

She turned to the younger Rowan. "Oh, the rashness of youth. One day, you will see that patience is a virtue, and that the Mother cries when the Stranger takes a son."
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

For sure not, Lady Arryn. This is precisely why I came to speak to Young Lord Tully about the rightful claim of Queen Rhaenyra. When I say young I mean no disrespect, I mean just that I am old. Old enough to remember the Oath to our late King and his heiress. I side with Lord Tully that his brother is trying to merely usurp his claim as Lord of Riverrun. I am here to uphold the words and wishes of two late and great men. The Late Lord Tully and our Late King.

Thaddeus said in earnest. He bowed his head to acknowledge her position, as he had with the Queen. He then turned to his son Gerold and shook his head. Patience was something Gerold may never know.

Robert sat atop his horse eyeing the interactions, wishing for them to be over. It seemed to him that it was all over but the crying, and hopefully he would see his father cry for the loss of Gerold.

Gerold stood, eyes drilling into Kirth Tully. He stood awaiting his opportunity to end the whelp in front of him. He knew he would have been trained better than most of the men he had fought in the past but that meant nothing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Lady Jeyne Arryn, up until that point content to just listen, finally felt the need to speak up. "It is a sad day when conflict arises, Lord Rowan. Is it not our duty to protect our subjects from death and famine and deceit, just like we expect the Royal on the Iron Throne to do the same? Honor, here, is what sets us apart from the narrow-minded smallfolk and the squabbling Essosi. Your House and mine know like no other what true honor is, and there is none to be found in Aegon's deceitful theft of the Iron Throne. Could you trust such a usurper to observe honor and justice? Lord Kirth speaks truly when he says that the army that now stands before you will be victorious in due time, but that is because we are fighting for the righteous cause. We fight for what Viserys would have wanted, and the gods smile upon us. Do not think yourself higher than the Seven, or Higher than Honor, my Lord."

She turned to the younger Rowan. "Oh, the rashness of youth. One day, you will see that patience is a virtue, and that the Mother cries when the Stranger takes a son."
    Harry Hotspur approaches the Lady of the Vale and whispers something in her ear

"Should I champion for one of them, milady? I ache for action."

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    For sure not, Lady Arryn. This is precisely why I came to speak to Young Lord Tully about the rightful claim of Queen Rhaenyra. When I say young I mean no disrespect, I mean just that I am old. Old enough to remember the Oath to our late King and his heiress. I side with Lord Tully that his brother is trying to merely usurp his claim as Lord of Riverrun. I am here to uphold the words and wishes of two late and great men. The Late Lord Tully and our Late King.

Thaddeus said in earnest. He bowed his head to acknowledge her position, as he had with the Queen. He then turned to his son Gerold and shook his head. Patience was something Gerold may never know.

Robert sat atop his horse eyeing the interactions, wishing for them to be over. It seemed to him that it was all over but the crying, and hopefully he would see his father cry for the loss of Gerold.

Gerold stood, eyes drilling into Kirth Tully. He stood awaiting his opportunity to end the whelp in front of him. He knew he would have been trained better than most of the men he had fought in the past but that meant nothing to him.
    The Arryn watched thoughtfully. "I hope your kin and mine will grow to your age of wisdom, Lord Rowan," she spoke. "I really do. Lay down your arms, and mercy will be yours. Convince Lord Tully to do the same. While we cannot guarantee the safety of his daughters, we can guarantee the destruction of everyone here. The army of the Queen is a mighty weapon, tempered only by submission." She paused. "Surely, even for Lord Tully, life and justice will be better than death and desolation. If not for his own sake, then for the sake of the Riverlands. The Seven watch over the young Tullies, wherever they may be, and guest right will not be denied, I am sure." Another pause. "However, Lord Tully is now at an impasse. While his oath to Aegon was surely misguided, it cannot so easily be renounced. However, his allegiance to the Crown means that he is Queen Rhaenyra's rightful subject, and she will see penance done and honor restored. Be it by dragonfire or by her mercy, is a question only you, my Lords Green, can answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    Harry Hotspur approaches the Lady of the Vale and whispers something in her ear

"Should I champion for one of them, milady? I ache for action."
    Jeyne nodded. "You are a devout follower of the Warrior, Ser Templeton. If blood has to be spilled, I would have you dispense the will of the Seven. Show them that my inclination to mercy should not be taken as weakness." She looked her bannerman straight in the eyes. "If you must, rip him apart with all the might of a proper Valesman."
    Last edited by Adamat; February 01, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

He nodded affirmation to Lady Arryn. Well said my Lady.

Ignoring the knight that found himself intruding on the conversation he then looked at the Queen. "So what shall it be then my Queen? Lord Tully has all but offered himself to you as prisoner so that you may spare his people. Kirth is as rabid as they say and wishes to fight my son for the slight on his honor. What is your judgement? Whatever it may be, however misguided Lord Tully hath been, he does not deserve death. Nor does his 'dreams of kin-slaying' brother deserve his title, I think. You hold their fates in your hands my Queen."

Thaddeus had at once seen that the Lady of the Vale was an impressive one at that. He decided to take a mental note of it if he ever left this accursed field.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Jeyne nodded. "You are a devout follower of the Warrior, Ser Templeton. If blood has to be spilled, I would have you dispense the will of the Seven. Show them that my inclination to mercy should not be taken as weakness." She looked her bannerman straight in the eyes. "If you must, rip him apart with all the might of a proper Valesman."
    The Hotspur smiles

"Just say the word, milady, and you shall have Rowan or Tully at yer feet."

"I await their decision. If they can't put their grievances aside, let the Gods decide"

She said, slightly nerved.

"I am not willing to slaughter thousands of men only by manly pride and foolishness, let it be known. But I will, if I have to"

The Hotspur looks straight at Lady Jeyne, as if waiting for a signal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast