Thread: Charles XII may have been a woman

Default Charles XII may have been a woman

Charles XII, the famous warrior king of Sweden who stayed virgin all his life and died at the age of 36 by a bullet during a siege in Norway.
    I have been a fan of him ever since I first read about him since I was a young teenager but always been surprised how such a badass that seems to be loaded with testosteron still openly and stubbornly refused to meeting women or sleep with them. And all his paintings he's always clean shaven as he never needed to shave for lack of facial hair. His shoulders are broad yet he remains thin, something just felt odd to me and now it all seems to fit in my opinion after reading this very old article of 1911! He was a woman!

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=...-txIN--------1
    and
    https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/19555131
    Last edited by ForVictory; January 30, 2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Outgunned, outnumbered...But never outclassed!

Praeses

Default Re: Charles XII may have been a woman

Pretty sure this is nonsense, his body has been exhumed several times IIRC and that rumour has been disproved.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Also, paintings show him as being bald. Just saying...

I think it's far more likely that he was gay or asexual. Or some sort of celibate religious nut. That's assuming the narrative of him refusing to be with women was true in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Also, paintings show him as being bald. Just saying...
    A woman can make herself bald if she really wants, by a rigorous lifestyle and scrubbing your headscalp everyday.
    Outgunned, outnumbered...But never outclassed!

Senator

Imagine such a Threat about some famous Hero from the Balkan.... uhh, the hate :-) Seriously, Charles XII was a deeply religious men (like most of his soldiers), its totally possible that he lived in celibate. There are other famous Warriors Kings without offspring, chief examble would be Basil II, the Bulgarslayer. As athanaric points out, we don`t even know if its true that he refused women.

Charles XII, the famous warrior king of Sweden who stayed virgin all his life and died at the age of 36 by a bullet during a siege in Norway.
    I have been a fan of him ever since I first read about him since I was a young teenager but always been surprised how such a badass that seems to be loaded with testosteron still openly and stubbornly refused to meeting women or sleep with them. And all his paintings he's always clean shaven. His shoulders are broad yet he remains thin, something just felt odd to me and now it all seems to fit in my opinion after reading this very old article of 1911! He was a woman!
    I paid for a finding these articles and writing essay about it on Edubirdie (https://edubirdie.com/write-my-dissertation)

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=...-txIN--------1
    and
    https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/19555131
    I think these articles are fakes. There were a lot of them at that time. You can check information by yourself in a digital era.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory View Post
    A woman can make herself bald if she really wants, by a rigorous lifestyle and scrubbing your headscalp everyday.
    Indeed. So arguably the Napoleonic wars was a stoush between a lot of women parading as men? Davout was bald (obviously a woman), ditto Tsar Alexander, not to mention the Archduke Charles and Napoleon himself at the end.

This sort of rubbish is trotted out by non historians from time to time, its a waste of time.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Imagine such a Threat about some famous Hero from the Balkan.... uhh, the hate :-) Seriously, Charles XII was a deeply religious men (like most of his soldiers), its totally possible that he lived in celibate. There are other famous Warriors Kings without offspring, chief examble would be Basil II, the Bulgarslayer. As athanaric points out, we don`t even know if its true that he refused women.
    Sure...
    Last edited by Gromovnik; January 20, 2020 at 06:14 AM.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Anyway, this sounds like a really fringe theory.
    Optio, Legio I Latina