Thread: Help with mac install

Default Help with mac install

this is my first time posting in the forums so if I did something wrong let me know. But I have been trying to install the mod ROTK onto my m2tw. For some reason the mod works fine with a fresh install, then once I close the game and try to reopen it, it then crashes to my desktop. I followed the instructions on the installation page (downloaded the 5 files and put them in the same folder, and installed the 2 patches). I'm using a mac, with my m2tw on steam, so I used wine to run the part 1 and part 2 exe files to install. But I can't find the steam directory with my wine launcher, so I ended up installing the exe files along with the 2 patches into a separate folder on my desktop, and then dragging the installed folder to my mods folder on m2tw. Maybe there is something wrong with this? But I've gotten stainless steel and third age + third age dac to work in the past with this method.

any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help with mac install

You may find answers to Linux specific issues here.

Dragging should work. You could also establish the path (up to M2TW's main directory) and then copy it into the installer's display. But that is not essential, it will only assure that a properly linked desktop shortcut will be created.

The mod is generating it's sound files on the first start, maybe that is causing the issue when restarting? You could test if that is the case by extracting these files into the data\sound folder of the mod - it will force the mod to generate the sound files again.
    The same principle applies to the map.rwm file in the data\world\maps\base directory of the game - here a simple delete of that file will force the generating of a new file.

ok. Hm I followed your advice with replacing the sound files with the files I downloaded from your posted link each time the mod crashed, and it seemed to work in making it load back up. However, when I try to go to the campaign, the game always crashes when I try to end my turn from turn 2 to turn 3. It's a great mod but my computer just won't let me run it :c

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Bug hunting in Mac is a pain - I believe it doesn't generate a log.

Did you install the patches?
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 06, 2019 at 10:45 PM.