Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The long Road 2.4.3a - Kingdoms and Steam compatible

Default Re: The long Road 2.4.3a - Kingdoms and Steam compatible

It would say something like "malicious virus" and I don't remember which one I use. I do have malwarebites. Would that be the reason why it won't download?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Occasionally an antivirus program will identify the BAT file in the installer as a 'virus', usually as 'injector' or 'trojan' and stop you from installing it.
    The installer being an executable (EXE) file also can raise alarms and stop you downloading it.

I can assure you that both the links in the opening post are virus free.

how should I go about the anitvirus? How would I deactivate it?

Blog Entries

Depending on your AV program there will be a way to temporarily disable it or create an exception. Every AV usually has a forum, or simply google about it.

Vortigern's Avatar Foederatus

Tried to start a custom battle and got an immediate CTD. Not even a message as to why it crashed.

17:48:11.967 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:48:11.968 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    17:48:11.972 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:48:11.973 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:48:11.974 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:48:11.975 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:48:11.976 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:48:11.976 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:48:40.907 [system.rpt] [error]

This is all it gives me. Apparently it has something to do with Byzantium.

Also, nearly all texts are missing (all but the unit names).
    Last edited by Vortigern; November 25, 2019 at 09:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Set the log to trace, then submit the log in compressed form. To do so, open the mod's CFG file with Notepad and change error to trace in the [log] section.

Not sure why text would be missing, can you give examples? I am however wondering if that goes hand in hand with your crash, a faulty installation perhaps?
    Am I correct in assuming that you are using the disk version without the 1.5 update? Please open the 'options' screen and have a look what number is displayed at the top right.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 25, 2019 at 11:08 AM.

Ummm, disk version with the 1.5 update. EBII and SS6.0 play just fine.

Mine works... maybe you installed it wrong or it must be a corrupt installation.

Could be. Nevermind, I can still play Stainless Steel instead.

Blog Entries

LOL, just remembered this regarding the missing text (too many mods I converted, my bad) :
    Quote Originally Posted by opening post
    Note:
    In case of missing text apply this tutorial.
    I take it you followed this instruction?:
    Quote Originally Posted by opening post
    Installation:
    - Run\double click the installer from your download directory or any folder you like
    - Click yourself through the installer
    - If the path to your M2TW installation isn't displayed automatically follow the instructions of the installer
    - Start the mod via the provided desktop shortcut
    - Nothing else
    In case of red you need to point the installer to M2TW's main directory, nowhere else (it's mentioned during installation)
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 25, 2019 at 07:30 PM.

Code:
    05:46:21.599 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/OverlayTextures/flaming.texture (from: packs/data_1.pack)
    05:46:21.599 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/overlaytextures/flaming.texture,,,22048
    05:46:21.600 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/overlaytextures/flaming.texture,,,-22048
    05:46:21.600 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.600 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture,,not found
    05:46:21.600 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_4.pack,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture,1398304
    05:46:21.600 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture (from: packs/data_4.pack)
    05:46:21.600 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/unit_models/attachmentsets/final teardrop_russia_diff.texture,,,1398304
    05:46:21.603 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/unit_models/attachmentsets/final teardrop_russia_diff.texture,,,-1398304
    05:46:21.603 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.603 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture,,not found
    05:46:21.603 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_4.pack,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture,1398304
    05:46:21.603 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture (from: packs/data_4.pack)
    05:46:21.603 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/unit_models/attachmentsets/final teardrop_russia_norm.texture,,,1398304
    05:46:21.606 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/unit_models/attachmentsets/final teardrop_russia_norm.texture,,,-1398304
    05:46:21.606 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture
    05:46:21.606 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture,,not found
    05:46:21.606 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture,,not found
    05:46:21.606 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture is missing
    05:46:21.606 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture
    05:46:21.606 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture,,not found
    05:46:21.607 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture,1398304
    05:46:21.607 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    05:46:21.607 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/unit_models/_units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/textures/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar_normal.texture,,,1398304
    05:46:21.610 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/unit_models/_units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/textures/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar_normal.texture,,,-1398304
    05:46:21.611 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/russia/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.611 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/russia/winter/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.611 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/winter/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.611 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/russia/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.611 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/russia/winter/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.611 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/winter/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.612 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.612 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/New_models/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_russia.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    05:46:21.612 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/russia/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.612 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/russia/winter/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.612 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/winter/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.613 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/russia/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.613 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/russia/winter/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.613 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/winter/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.613 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.613 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/_Units/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar/textures/EE_Bekhtera_Heavy_Lamellar_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_norm.texture
    05:46:21.956 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Some of the last system logs I get when trying to attack a city while playing as the Great Novgorod and then blackscreen. I can post more.

I tried reinstalling and on file checks I get an "All Files There" for the main install (8710/8710) and the patch (13/13). Still when I check the folder those files seem to be missing.

Blog Entries

If you read through the whole section you will find that the files are eventually found. 'missing' is listed if the file is not found in the mod's directory, after that it gets looked up in the main game and last in the packed files, example:
    Code:
    exists: missing mods/tlr/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture
    file open,,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture,,not found
    pack open,packs/data_4.pack,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture,1398304
    open:   found data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Teardrop_russia_diff.texture (from: packs/data_4.pack)
    Missing textures however will not result in a crash, only in 'silver surfers'. My guess is that a model (mesh) maybe missing or is corrupt. The only way to test that would be to play custom battles with the units involved to narrow it down - that is if the crash repeats in other battles.

So the crash happens when I am attacking Turku, a Viking town. I was able to test Novgorod's General's Bodyguards, Kazaks and Archer Militia in the custom battle. They do not cause the crash. Other units that participate in the battle, that I was not able to find in custom battle roster are the viking General's bodyguard, Viking Raiders, and Crossbow militia. I was also not able to find the Spear Militia in Novgorod's units. Any ideas on what to do next?

Blog Entries

Appreciate your effort in getting to the bottom of this

These units must have been disabled in the export_desc_units file (EDU) - in the attributes lines you will find 'no_custom', simply remove the entry for those units (after making a backup copy of the EDU) and then test.

Laetus

OMG! Why is this mod not better known. I'm playing it on Steam with no issues and loving it. Thanks, Gigantus!

I started an SS playthrough. Will try to resolve this if I get back to it.

Laetus

Spoke to soon. Getting crashes when going into battle screen. Works on lowest resolution but I'm not a fan of the look.

Laetus

Thank you for doing this, Gigantus. It's nice to see TLR still around and being enjoyed. As Averroës, I helped the original team with historical context and some work on resources. Tornnight did a wonderful job and your dedication to this forum and the game are keeping it alive for others to enjoy.

Blog Entries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast