Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The long Road 2.4.3a - Kingdoms and Steam compatible

Laetus

Default Re: The long Road 2.4.3a - Kingdoms and Steam compatible

There is a minor error in the descr_strat file which makes the wool resource in the Edinburgh region inaccessible to a merchant. It's not important, but anyone playing England or Scotland might want to fix it. Here's how:

Find the descr_strat file. BACK IT UP in case you mess up! Copy the file and then rename one to descr_strat - copy, for example. Open the descr_strat file using any text editor, even vanilla notepad, and find the following line:

resource wool 99 309 ;Edinburgh

Change it to:

resource wool 99 310 ;Edinburgh

This moves the resource up one space on the map, allowing the merchant to be placed on it properly. You can move it elsewhere, but one space is all that is needed and keeps it in easy view (i.e. not hidden in trees).

If you wish, you can also correct the duplicate descr_strat files located in

Medieval II Total War/mods/tlr/data/world/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    Medieval II Total War/mods/tlr/data/world/world/maps/campaign/norman_prologue

Laetus

I forgot to point out the location of the first descr_strat file above. It will be in the TLR custom folder here:

Medieval II Total War/mods/tlr/data/world/world/maps/campaign/custom/imperial_campaign

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Appreciate the input

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Hi,
    thanks for putting this mod up here.I'm playing as Poland and it seems pretty stable but I've noticed some silver surfer rebel generals and I've had one crash going into a siege against Novgorod which i was able to auto resolve instead.Also the polish generals shield texture is in a black square. Any ideas on this?
    Last edited by johnswan; November 30, 2020 at 07:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Missing texture entries for the slave faction and a wrongly formatted texture respectively.
    Not sure about the siege crash - that could be a faulty Novgorod unit.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Ok thank you.

So I just reinstalled MTW2 through steam and then installed this mod with the patch. Getting a ctd after 2 minutes in the menus. Am I doing something wrong?

I am getting a CTD when starting a fight with Smolensk rebels as well. Idk what the faulty unit could be, just looks like 1 general with partial plate armor, 2 peasant archers, 1 unit of mounted bow Khazaks, and 4 spear militia to me.
    Happens when allowing the defenders to sally or launching an assault, auto resolve seems to be the only way to go in the Russian regions

Quote Originally Posted by Star Foth View Post
    I am getting a CTD when starting a fight with Smolensk rebels as well. Idk what the faulty unit could be, just looks like 1 general with partial plate armor, 2 peasant archers, 1 unit of mounted bow Khazaks, and 4 spear militia to me.
    Happens when allowing the defenders to sally or launching an assault, auto resolve seems to be the only way to go in the Russian regions
    Happens when fighting anyone anywhere it seems. Attacked a small army with some random militia units around Scandinavia = crash. Attacking any rebels or armies in that area? crash.

These sound like old problems reoccurring. It may be worth extracting both the old patch a and the battle ctd fix (link below) to the medieval 2/mods/the long road folder and overwriting all. Ie find the data folder inside the .rar and overwrite the mods/the long road/data folder. I'm not in a position to check this will resolve the issues yet, but these issues, ctd Smolensk and silver surfer generals are the same as reported before those patches.

I have finally pulled out my old rig and evicted the spider today. I had a solid kingdoms build that I regret not releasing so I will clean that up and upload, if I can get everything powered up. If not, i will at least look into a patch to resolve problems.

Edit
    Here is the old Path A
    https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1AcU...xport=download

And the old battle ctd patch
    https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1AcU...xport=download
    Last edited by Keogh; May 19, 2021 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added dl links
    RESISTITE USQUE AD SANQUINEM

The above will not work. Patch a was already added but the battle ctd fix will fix the silver surfers issue. I fixed the ctd. it was a texture! So, now I'm going to work on a patch and test some more, but will release something soon
    RESISTITE USQUE AD SANQUINEM

"Was it intentional to make all faction names into another langauge?"

Many years ago, I was one of the (Second) team that helped continue modifying this mod, though was there for research and and information, I didn't do much of the coding. The answer to your question is yes.

Some other issues that were taken into account.
    The Mod is not "Balanced" in that it tries to show actual, historical positions and problems. This was intentional. We tried to get more realism into the factions. There are factions that are simply in awful positions at the start.

Another thing I remember, beside the time scale and economics, that changed was movement. In the vanilla game (each turn equals 2 years) it can take 8 to 16 years for a ship to sail from London to Antioch for a crusade. That was simply silly and your army could have swam there faster. Unless they changed it back, the ships move much farther. This has rather profound ramifications when invading by sea and means you need to defend coastal areas.

I do not know if I still have any of the notes from those conversations tucked away or not. We are talking 15 years ago.

Hi all, this is about a text missing issue after install of TLR 243a

I have also a text missing issue, and it is a lot of text.
    For example, when click Esc to leave the game or to save the game, a window open with another 8 or 9 small windows in it, and they are all empty of text. It should be "save game" or "exit game" but they are all empty.
    Other places where there is no text is the game platform itself like in this link https://ibb.co/CvwM3fy you can see in the bottom "army" "castle" "agents", well I do not have any of this text.

I would be grateful for any help thx.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Patch 1 (4MB) - fixes missing symbols for Syria, Khwarezm, Abbassids and Kiev. Fixes special characters not displaying.

Installation:
    - Run\double click the installer from your download directory or any folder you like
    - Click yourself through the installer
    - If the path to your M2TW installation isn't displayed automatically follow the instructions of the installer
    - Start the mod via the provided desktop shortcut
    - Nothing else

Note:
    In case of missing text apply this tutorial.
    Did you install the patch and checked the tutorial?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123